The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

ProMotion Forum : Complex

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ProMotion Forum : Complex

Post by Prophecy on June 24th 2017, 11:01 pm

Name of the Forum: ProMotion Forum
Address: http://www.forum-promotion.com/
Type of Review: Complex
Your Name on the board: Prophecy
Link to your last Review (if applicable): I don't remember having one.

I believe you'll be needing an account to see all features and all details within the forum so whoever wants, i can pm you an account! Thank you all!
Prophecy
Forumember

Male Posts : 36
Language : English

http://www.forum-promotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ProMotion Forum : Complex

Post by Jadster on June 27th 2017, 11:28 pm

Tagged: This request will be completed within 24 to 72 hours.
Thank you for your patience!
Please read our section rules: Review Section Requesting Guidelines
Jadster
Forum Reviewer
Forum Reviewer

Male Posts : 896

http://www.adminvortex.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimóza on July 4th 2017, 7:18 pm

Forum-Promotion

First Impressions

• Loving the quick loading effect!
  • One can instantly see the many customizations and all the work you put into it, nice job.
  • Elegant, serious look.

General Forum Appearance
Pros:

• The colors are pleasant, you cannot go wrong with blue. The shade you used is neat, it gives a serious, business-like impression, which your forum's niche highly requires, well done.
  • Loving the flat look you went for, very modern and up-to date, great job.
  • The icons are fitting and clear, good job.
  • The favicon includes your logo, however it is badly proportioned, correct it. Smile

Cons:

• I like the overall appearance, however the header looks odd. I don't understand the empty middle part, it looks deorganized now. Not sure if you're planning to include something else there in the future, for now I'd probably move your logo to the center, there's too much focus on the left part anyway, due to the latest topics included there, so the logo would not leave a blank space if it were removed from there.
  • The categories aren't centered but are aligned left on my screen; it's unusual and for me it's bothersome.
  • You divided the forum into too many boxes with borders. Wherever I look there's a new box coming up. If the borders would stand out less, or if you'd remove them, I think, things would look more tidy.

Neutral:

• The way you display the avatars in the topics is unique, not sure if I like the fact they're so 'hidden', but I guess it's up to ones personal preferences. Smile 

Forum Activity

• You cannot allow yourself to have sections, where it says the latest topic is from Oct 06, 2016. It's demotivating for a newcomer.
  • Post samples of your services there, make your staff active and ask them to request services in order to show off what you're capable of and make people WANT to have what you offer. Smile
  • There's not much to do for a newcomer, open discussion topics where one could contribute.
  • You have 32 members and today logged 7 of them (including me Razz). That's actually not that bad.

Staff & Usergroups

• Not too many, not too few. You have clear descriptions about them and everyone has their own roles. Couldn't be better. 

Forum Originality

• Unfortunately, I have seen no 'extra" that could draw people to join your forum at the moment. What else do you offer than the other promotion forums? Why should I join it? Are you advertising it elsewhere as well or it will be another site that has traffic only from the people who would like to advertise their own websites?
  • The Lottery and Store are interesting add-ons, but guests cannot see them.
  • Your activity has to grow to let one see how you're handling your offered services. Your best source of originality could be to have an awesome, active staff that provides excellent services. So even if you provide nothing outstanding, people still would like to have what you offer.

Forum Layout & Organization

• Excellent, easy to navigate and find out what each part contains and where to find certain things.
  • I generally don't agree with dedicating a whole section to Forum Games, so I most likely would merge it with the Off Topics area, but it's just personal nitpicking. Razz 

Grammar & Spelling

• Everything is flawless.

Average Review Score: 7.8
Wishing you success with your site!  Very Happy
Mimóza
Forumember

Female Posts : 608
Language : Hungarian, English

http://dianagyms.deviantart.com/gallery/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadster on July 7th 2017, 3:05 am

Hello @Prophecy,
I would like to apologize for the delay. Due to the holidays and such my family went out of town suddenly so I haven been away from my laptop for a while now but the review will be done ASAP when I return tomorrow afternoon!
Jadster
Forum Reviewer
Forum Reviewer

Male Posts : 896

http://www.adminvortex.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prophecy on July 9th 2017, 12:29 am

@Mimóza thank you very much for your review. We will look into your advice. Just to explain some pointers, the logo is placed there because we wanted to have a "Facebook" themed design and so we did it like that. We will be having some changes on the homepage of the forum but we are trying to figure out an issue that has occurred in order for it to work perfectly. As for the logo, what is the problem with it? I didn't understand. Anyway, thanks for your time.

@Jadster take you time! Thank you both.
Prophecy
Forumember

Male Posts : 36

http://www.forum-promotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimóza on July 9th 2017, 12:17 pm

@Prophecy wrote:@Mimóza thank you very much for your review. We will look into your advice. Just to explain some pointers, the logo is placed there because we wanted to have a "Facebook" themed design and so we did it like that. We will be having some changes on the homepage of the forum but we are trying to figure out an issue that has occurred in order for it to work perfectly. As for the logo, what is the problem with it? I didn't understand. Anyway, thanks for your time.
Ah, I see, the FB resemblance explains it all. Very Happy 

As for the logo, the aspect ratio of the favicon is off. 
Mimóza
Forumember

Female Posts : 608
Language : Hungarian, English

http://dianagyms.deviantart.com/gallery/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum