The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manager editing and other general settings

2 posters

Go down

In progress Manager editing and other general settings

Post by madmanjohn August 13th 2017, 12:35 am

hello i am new here and have issues and here's why cause this is really a list of things.

I am part of a entertainment group, mostly volunteers and nobody here knows a thing about code or websites and I am not the owner either
but I understand more than anyone else as I have had a few simple blog type websites but basically I am the sound tech for the crew and this got dropped in my lap cause i knew more than anyone else about it so the owner told me to 'fix it" and here i am. she barely was able to log in and pick a theme-- at least i have had some experience using forums but have never created or been the admin of one but i am now.

The crew has a few different managers for things. I need these people to be able to make edits to posts and also update the schedule posts. so far the only way we have been able to figure out how to do this is for either her or me to log in as the admin/creator of the forum.

I have created a admin/mangers group but i dont know how to change the settings to allow this group to edit anyones posts.

basically we use the forum for scheduling and passing information along. this is not a public forum and therefore needs no "guests" or seo optimization or anything like that -- the only people here work for the small company.

I also need to know how to work the email verification for new users and set that up correctly, honestly i dont know if it actually is working or not as it did not ask me for one when i registered on it

when i did a search for things in here i got literally thousands of other replys and so far everything i have tried to search has been that way. it would be wonderful just to have a simple page for how to set things up and make them run "for dummies" and not have to use search to find everything because there is simply too many posts in the search results for one person to narrow the issue down quickly.

I dont know what version the forum is, and i dont know much about it -- all i know is what we have sort of works the way it is but not like we need it to

i have other questions too but lets take things one item at a time please.. thanks in advance
madmanjohn
madmanjohn

Language : English

http://www.tracknroll4sl.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Manager editing and other general settings

Post by SLGray August 13th 2017, 4:36 am

Manager editing and other general settings Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum