The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fake Name Generator

+3
Ahmed Chbil
brandon_g
Amir Jeddi
7 posters

Go down

In progress Fake Name Generator

Post by Amir Jeddi November 25th 2017, 10:19 am

Hello,
Why this forum forbidden registery of new forums with temporary disposable mails as Fake Name Generator ?
Amir Jeddi
Amir Jeddi

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Fake Name Generator

Post by brandon_g November 25th 2017, 12:56 pm

Hello,

That would be to help prevent spam accounts or forums.

-Brandon

Fake Name Generator Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Fake Name Generator Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Fake Name Generator Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106
Language : English

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahmed Chbil November 25th 2017, 1:30 pm

brandon_g wrote:Hello,

That would be to help prevent spam accounts or forums.

-Brandon
What are authorized domains to register knowing that even yahoo provides temp mails ?
Spam forums what does it mean knowing that 10 % of forums are getting audiences and followers ? Spam account what does it means ?
We can do a great forum but to prevent notifications I am allowed to use temp mail provided by yahoo service ?
How to do to enable people registering even with fake emails in my forum under forumotion to prevent plenty email of notifications ?
Ahmed Chbil
Ahmed Chbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape November 25th 2017, 2:06 pm

A real email address is a must.

Reason's:

1. We need to make sure your forum is activated. "Using your Email address"
  2. Problems with lost founders passwords. "we use the Email address to send new passwords if founder forgets it" With a fake Email address we can not send the data we need to.
  3. if your forum is hacked. "We would use the data you give us to recover your forum and the Email address is one of the things we use to find out if you are the real founder or not."
  4. with out your real email address we would not have any power on helping you with any of the things listed so we like you to make sure all your info is 100% or your forum will not get any help if you have a problem.

I hope that will help you understand why you must always give a active Email address and not a temp one or a fake one.

Fake Name Generator Left1212Fake Name Generator Center11Fake Name Generator Right112
Fake Name Generator Ape_b110
Fake Name Generator Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19075
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahmed Chbil November 25th 2017, 3:34 pm

APE wrote:A real email address is a must.

Reason's:

2. Problems with lost founders passwords. "we use the Email address to send new passwords if founder forgets it" With a fake Email address we can not send the data we need to.
  3. if your forum is hacked. "We would use the data you give us to recover your forum and the Email address is one of the things we use to find out if you are the real founder or not."
  4. with out your real email address we would not have any power on helping you with any of the things listed so we like you to make sure all your info is 100% or your forum will not get any help if you have a problem.

I hope that will help you understand why you must always give a active Email address and not a temp one or a fake one.
I may ask what to do this programmaticly ? And what about hosters of real mails that domains is different that gmail,outlook and yahoo ? example : hostname of email of your site
Ahmed Chbil
Ahmed Chbil

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g November 25th 2017, 10:07 pm

Ahmed Chbil wrote:
I may ask what to do this programmaticly ? And what about hosters of real mails that domains is different that gmail,outlook and yahoo ? example : hostname of email of your site

I do not quite understand what you are asking, may you please clarify?

-Brandon

Remember to mark your topic Fake Name Generator Solved15 when a solution is found.

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray November 25th 2017, 10:09 pm

Do you mean that if you have a domain name and personal emails can you use that email to create a forum?

Fake Name Generator Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51452

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by tamygeson November 26th 2017, 10:36 am

SLGray wrote:Do you mean that if you have a domain name and personal emails can you use that email to create a forum?
Does it still possible ? Even register on forumotion forums ?
tamygeson
tamygeson

Language : French

http://moneyaddergenerator.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g November 26th 2017, 1:33 pm

tamygeson wrote:
SLGray wrote:Do you mean that if you have a domain name and personal emails can you use that email to create a forum?
Does it still possible ? Even register on forumotion forums ?

Hello,

What are you asking? I do not understand, if you do not speak good english we have a french support forum you can go to for help. Wink

Also if your having problems, you should start your own topic.

-Brandon

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahmed Chbil November 27th 2017, 12:02 am

APE wrote:A real email address is a must.

Reason's:

The problem is that not for create forum for first time but register on a one how sends always newsletters as advertisement forum so what we can do to avoid newsletter ?
Ahmed Chbil
Ahmed Chbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahmed Chbil November 27th 2017, 12:04 am

brandon_g wrote:
Ahmed Chbil wrote:

I do not quite understand what you are asking, may you please clarify?

-Brandon
I can clarify :
How the team do programmaticly to ban registrations from users that use fake emails ?
How can I enable/disable registrations on my own forum forumotion to users that uses fake emails ?
If I have a domain name and a webmail with this domain name : example : test@drivetest.net.
I can use test@drivetest.net to create a forum ?
Ahmed Chbil
Ahmed Chbil

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g November 27th 2017, 12:20 am

You can try and see if it takes it. We do not know how forumotion determines what email addresses to accept or not accept when creating a forum.

You cant create a forum using a fake email address, but you can make an account on a forum using fake email addresses, it depends on the forum. If the forum requires you to click a activation link sent via email then you will need a valid email address, if it doesnt and auto activates or else if the admin activates your account manually then yes you can register on a forum using a fake email address.

Once your forum is made, you can have members register using fake email addresses if you like, just set the forum to no activation in the admin panel and there you go.

Like Ape said, the main reasons you need a valid/real email address to create the forum is because we use it for support purposes if you ever forget your password and we need to verify who you are and then send you a new one, the other is partially to prevent spammers from creating fake forums and flooding our system.

I hope this clears things up on this for you?

-Brandon

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray November 27th 2017, 12:29 am

Are you referring to a forum that you are a member of, and what to know how to stop receiving newsletters?

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdelhamid November 27th 2017, 10:41 am

SLGray wrote:Are you referring to a forum that you are a member of, and what to know how to stop receiving newsletters?
How does it work ? If you want to stop receiving newsletter and notification throught email in forumotion ? To not have a pleinty inbox.
Abdelhamid
Abdelhamid
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray November 27th 2017, 7:01 pm

Profile > Preferences
Each member will have to set up their own preferences.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape November 27th 2017, 9:59 pm

On one of my sites i have removed the setting to news letters so you can't pick at all but the setting is set to always get news letters.

The reason for this is clear I think if I have to send a news letter out it will only be for stuff that is Important info like the site is going down for some work I am going to do and this will be about 3 days before the site is closed.

Other than that it's not used.

Fake Name Generator Left1212Fake Name Generator Center11Fake Name Generator Right112
Fake Name Generator Ape_b110
Fake Name Generator Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19075
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down