The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login

+3
Ahmed Chbil
Ape
Amir Jeddi
7 posters

Go down

Do you agree or disagree ?

Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Left1140%Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Right11 40% 
[ 2 ]
Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Left1160%Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Right11 60% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 5

Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Empty Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login

Post by Amir Jeddi November 25th 2017, 10:21 am

Hello,
Why forum doesn't provide such feauture at forum creation ?
Amir Jeddi
Amir Jeddi

Back to top Go down

Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Empty Re: Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login

Post by Ape November 25th 2017, 12:41 pm

Hello can I ask is this a Suggestion or is it question for support ?

Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Left1212Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Center11Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Right112
Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Ape_b110
Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19075
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Empty Re: Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login

Post by Ahmed Chbil November 25th 2017, 1:33 pm

APE wrote:Hello can I ask is this a Suggestion or is it question for support ?
I think it is a suggestion such as many hosters as wordpress enables creating account by gmail login or facebook not always traditional way.
Ahmed Chbil
Ahmed Chbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape November 25th 2017, 1:38 pm

I think the reason we don't have it setup like that is lots of data has to come from facebook servers and some data is not safe.

Hackers use facebook lots to make new accounts and hack over the network so i think this would be something we would want to stay away from to be more safe than sorry.

So if i had to vote on this my self i would say no Sorry but others may like the idea of it and maybe it's something to look in to more . but my vote is NO sorry

Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Left1212Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Center11Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Right112
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahmed Chbil November 25th 2017, 1:41 pm

APE wrote:I think the reason we don't have it setup like that is lots of data has to come from facebook servers and some data is not safe.

Hackers use facebook lots to make new accounts and hack over the network so i think this would be something we would want to stay away from to be more safe than sorry.

So if i had to vote on this my self i would say no Sorry but others may like the idea of it and maybe it's something to look in to more . but my vote is NO sorry
What about Google accounts ? Twitter account ? Topic it accounts ?
Ahmed Chbil
Ahmed Chbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape November 25th 2017, 2:37 pm

They are ok to make a account on a forum but not to make a forum for the first time.

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahmed Chbil November 25th 2017, 3:34 pm

So you may add this sir !
Ahmed Chbil
Ahmed Chbil

Back to top Go down

Post by C_driko November 25th 2017, 7:14 pm

Hello,

The Facebook Connect is already present to register and create an account on the forums.

Regarding the creation of forums, it can be a good idea. But it's hard to implement because if you created a forum with Facebook Connect, you need the Facebook Connect to log into this forum. But for that, you have to create a Facebook App and set up on the forum.

I'm not sure I'm so clear GrinGrin

Sent from Topic'it App
C_driko

Language : EN and FR

http://web-coffee.forumactif.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray November 25th 2017, 8:59 pm

Is this a suggestion for the support forum? This section is for suggestions for the support forum.

Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51452
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by tamygeson November 26th 2017, 10:38 am

C_driko wrote:Hello,

The Facebook Connect is already present to register and create an account on the forums.

Regarding the creation of forums, it can be a good idea. But it's hard to implement because if you created a forum with Facebook Connect, you need the Facebook Connect to log into this forum. But for that, you have to create a Facebook App and set up on the forum.

I'm not sure I'm so clear GrinGrin

Sent from Topic'it App
I think may be link forum to external accounts as Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Outlook or even Yahoo login still requires an app in each of these sites as many hosters.
tamygeson
tamygeson

Language : French

http://moneyaddergenerator.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray November 26th 2017, 8:06 pm

I believe the topic starter is referring to creating a forum with these, not logging into a forum.

Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51452

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahmed Chbil November 27th 2017, 12:06 am

SLGray wrote:I believe the topic starter is referring to creating a forum with these, not logging into a forum.
APE talks about creating forum with Facebook is insecure, what about Google login or Twitter login or LinkedIn login or Instagramm login ?
Ahmed Chbil
Ahmed Chbil

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g November 27th 2017, 12:29 am

Well I do not know how you would create a forum with us from facebook, twitter or google, these are social networks, not email accounts or anything like that.

Another reason we would not want you to create a forum using social media accounts is support reasons as well, if you lose the password to your account or whatever we cant reset it for you if you made it through a social network.

The other problem is that you gotta keep in mind forumotion doesnt have access to the databases of those sites, they can only create features around them as the sites allow. For example we allow you to set up facebook connect for registering or logging in to your forum, this is because facebook provides the provides the resources/ability for people to do that. If facebook didnt let you make an app or widget to make this possible, then we couldnt have this feature.

-Brandon

Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Create forums by Twitter,Facebook or Topic It login Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down