The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wowhead [item][/item] bbcode module for WoW forums! :D

4 posters

Go down

Good idea?

Wowhead [item][/item] bbcode module for WoW forums! :D Left1170%Wowhead [item][/item] bbcode module for WoW forums! :D Right11 70% 
[ 7 ]
Wowhead [item][/item] bbcode module for WoW forums! :D Left1130%Wowhead [item][/item] bbcode module for WoW forums! :D Right11 30% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Wowhead [item][/item] bbcode module for WoW forums! :D Empty Wowhead [item][/item] bbcode module for WoW forums! :D

Post by keiitastrophic June 10th 2008, 9:32 pm

To implement a bbcode like [item][/item] which links World of Warcraft items/spells etc. The code turns the item text into [Item Name] with corresponding rarity colours and when highlighted more info of the item pops up. There're scripts for that provided by the main site.

I've done my research and have not found similar stuff yet. And this script would work very much better than the current [WoW][/WoW] one. Very Happy

I would love to have it for my forums as it will be very convenient and easy to refer too. Especially if you're compiling guild craftables etc etc etc. And I'm sure more WoW guilds who're looking into having a forums would use this site. Smile

Mainly for World of Warcraft, guild forums.
More info at http://www.wowhead.com/?powered

PS: Please please please please please! Grant me my birthday wish! Razz

Last edited by keiitastrophic on June 12th 2008, 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
keiitastrophic
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Wowhead [item][/item] bbcode module for WoW forums! :D Empty Re: Wowhead [item][/item] bbcode module for WoW forums! :D

Post by Guest June 11th 2008, 12:14 am

Even though I play Dungeons and Dragons not WOWC I support this

Back to top Go down

Wowhead [item][/item] bbcode module for WoW forums! :D Empty Re: Wowhead [item][/item] bbcode module for WoW forums! :D

Post by Guest June 11th 2008, 12:47 am

sure, if the techs get this through then what is stopping them from getting anything else through!!!!!!

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by keiitastrophic June 11th 2008, 5:07 pm

I really hope this gets implemented. Cause it is very very convenient and neat. And it's a simple script! Very Happy
keiitastrophic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by keiitastrophic June 16th 2008, 7:10 am

Anyone? Sad
keiitastrophic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 16th 2008, 7:18 am

I vote no because I think there are more important things the techs need to be doing than implementing a feature for forums that have a World Of Warcraft niché.

Back to top Go down

Post by keiitastrophic June 17th 2008, 2:30 pm

Scamite wrote:I vote no because I think there are more important things the techs need to be doing than implementing a feature for forums that have a World Of Warcraft niché.

Firstly, instead of just shutting down this idea. Think of it's efficiency, it's functionability rather than just shutting out this idea cause 'the techs need to be implementing more important things'. This IS a forum for us to suggest certain functions and features we want/can have for our forums.

PS: Pretty much seems some of your ideas went down the drain. Cause you sure sound very sore.
keiitastrophic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 17th 2008, 2:46 pm

We need to remember some suggestions will be good for some sites and not others. Then the suggestion that will be good for those "other" sites will not be good for the other.

We need to just keep that in mind. All suggestions really could be made of use on all sites as long as the admins can "play" with the usage ie edit them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 17th 2008, 3:42 pm

Scamite wrote:I vote no because I think there are more important things the techs need to be doing than implementing a feature for forums that have a World Of Warcraft niché.

Maby it will get the techs off their seats and get them to do something!

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by mamabear June 17th 2008, 4:18 pm

I think there are so many world of war craft forums that this would be really appreciated by them.
So though I don’t think that I would have a use for it, I vote Yes
Hope you get it guys Very Happy
mamabear
mamabear
Forumember

Female Posts : 528

http://todgrow.forumandco.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by keiitastrophic June 17th 2008, 8:22 pm

To look at this as a techie and an entrepreneur/businessman, to implement this to cater to the general populi in regards to forum ownership. As one has mentioned, alot of forums are made by clans or guilds, namely from World of Warcraft.

About the point of catering it to other forums. I would not know, unless they could tinker it to suit other games/clans or serve a similar purpose in regards to a category.

Then again. I'm fine with anything. It was merely a suggestion. And at least, I hope to see a reply from a techie, anything will do. Be it an agreement, or rejection, or implementation, or the progress or whatever.
keiitastrophic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by WizRobe June 17th 2008, 8:34 pm

keiitastrophic wrote:...alot of forums are made by clans or guilds, namely from World of Warcraft.

I hear you, I've constructed a Forumotion Forum for my guild in FallenSword...so I can see where you're coming from, it's always nice to be able to utilize specialized forum functions targeted towards your hobby..for this reason I have voted yes. Cool Good luck with approval.

-Wiz
WizRobe
WizRobe
Forumember

Male Posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem June 17th 2008, 8:54 pm

Hello Very Happy

There's already a tag for this... it's called Wow tag Dawa

Code:
[wow]link[/wow]
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down