The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHOW IT OFF!!!!

5 posters

Go down

SHOW IT OFF!!!! Empty SHOW IT OFF!!!!

Post by Kiss October 21st 2005, 3:48 pm

Ok, I badly have nobody vistiting my forum. How do you get people to notice it? Sad I've tried everything I could think of, but nobody has come to it. Has anybody come to yours?
Kiss
Kiss

Back to top Go down

SHOW IT OFF!!!! Empty Re: SHOW IT OFF!!!!

Post by Cornelia October 21st 2005, 9:44 pm

Good evening!

Here are some tips I got from the French board :

Arrow Don't make too few or too many forums and categories
Arrow Personalize your forum
Arrow Ensure the fonts have enough contrast with the colors of your forum, people who are visually impaired (like me) have a lot of problems with lack of contrast
Arrow Avoid SMS language
Arrow Avoid flood
Arrow Bring new stuff to your forum
Arrow Have your forum referenced on Google, MSN, Yahoo and forum directories (I don't know any in English). Once your forum subscribed, be patient. It may take a few weeks for certain referencement website.
Arrow Don't do aimless advertising about your forum. Aim the people who may be interested on the theme of your forum. Talk about your forum to people around you.

Sorry, I don't have my French-English dictionary beside me, so excuse-me if I make mistakes, my first language is French.

Have a nice day!

Katt
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Imdeat October 21st 2005, 10:08 pm

I will add that:
Arrow Do not make a too large subject for your forum...and try to be original,do not make a forum that talk of everything.They are too many...
Imdeat
Imdeat

Male Posts : 14
Language : French + English

Back to top Go down

Post by servomap October 23rd 2005, 7:09 am

Katt wrote:Sorry, I don't have my French-English dictionary beside me, so excuse-me if I make mistakes, my first language is French.

Katt your English seems perfect. You could have fooled me Very Happy

Kiss, try registering your forum on dmoz or other similar sites. Why don't you have your forum link in your profile here? I would have liked to pop around and see what it looks like.

:@: lice
servomap

Back to top Go down

Post by J man October 23rd 2005, 11:41 am

Hi, I would like to as add as a forum takes time before it is really active, and for this reason one needs much patience but also of the motivation, it is necessary really to do everything to the maximum and you will see that your efforts will be rewarded. Sorry if my English is not perfect but I am also French . :DD
J man
J man

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia October 23rd 2005, 6:20 pm

J man wrote:Hi, I would like to as add as a forum takes time before it is really active, and for this reason one needs much patience but also of the motivation, it is necessary really to do everything to the maximum and you will see that your efforts will be rewarded. Sorry if my English is not perfect but I am also French . :DD

<off topic>Bienvenue dans le club! Moi, je suis du Québec</off topic>
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou October 24th 2005, 10:20 am

<off topic>
Super J, c'est toi ? :DD </offtopic>
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by J man October 24th 2005, 11:11 am

<off topic> Super J ??? What the fuck ?!? what is it that? who is this?<off topic>

Maybe we went to stop because it is a flood and our English friends nothing not understand, already me who is French I don't understand... Laughing

Last edited by on January 31st 2006, 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
J man
J man

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia October 24th 2005, 8:50 pm

Tristou wrote:<off topic>
Super J, c'est toi ? :DD </offtopic>

OMFG!!!! I didn't regognize you, Super J!!!!

Ok, so to stop the off-topic, let's go to our Taverne together! (me, Tristou, J Man and Slifer)
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down