The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I change the text in Headers & Navigation in Menu Edition?

+5
zakir321
Spectre
CANADIEN
crystal786
Phill94
9 posters

Go down

How do I change the text in Headers & Navigation in Menu Edition? Empty How do I change the text in Headers & Navigation in Menu Edition?

Post by Phill94 June 22nd 2008, 6:27 pm

As well, how do I change that text in Headers & Navigation ? The menu text - Home, Log in, Log out and all that menu text. When I try, I can't change ?

Please help - answer.

- Phill94
Phill94

Male Posts : 2
Language : Dansk

Back to top Go down

How do I change the text in Headers & Navigation in Menu Edition? Empty Re: How do I change the text in Headers & Navigation in Menu Edition?

Post by crystal786 June 22nd 2008, 7:16 pm

Just change the pictures of them by going to your admin panel>display>pics and colours.
crystal786
crystal786
Forumember

Female Posts : 924
Language : English

http://www.thesocialgalaxy.com/

Back to top Go down

How do I change the text in Headers & Navigation in Menu Edition? Empty Re: How do I change the text in Headers & Navigation in Menu Edition?

Post by Phill94 June 22nd 2008, 7:36 pm

Then Pic management, then Advanced method, then modify the icon?

(It's not the icons but the text: Home, FAQ, Search...)
Phill94

Male Posts : 2
Language : Dansk

Back to top Go down

Post by CANADIEN June 23rd 2008, 2:38 am

What do you want to change about the text? Like saying Portal instead of home?
CANADIEN
CANADIEN
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1312
Language : English, French

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre June 23rd 2008, 10:38 pm

why the hell are we not longer able to change the navigation bar?
I can not remove things like calender oder something like this or change settings?!
whats this?
Spectre
Spectre
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by CANADIEN June 24th 2008, 3:10 am

Are you sure?
CANADIEN
CANADIEN
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1312
Language : English, French

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre June 24th 2008, 12:58 pm

no i am joking ...
OF COURSE i am sure !
Spectre
Spectre
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 June 24th 2008, 4:42 pm

You can hide those links if you set "Display only images in the link bar" in "Display / Homepage / Headers & Navigation" to YES. Then just click edit a link and give it the following image link:

https://2img.net/i/empty.gif
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by lynkobi17 June 24th 2008, 4:54 pm

You can delete those link and replace them...

Go to > administration panal > Headers & Navigation

Scroll down, and moderate and delete what you can...
lynkobi17
lynkobi17
Forumember

Male Posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre June 24th 2008, 5:11 pm

and why can I not only edit the TEXT and must create images for all that text to hide anything ... why is forumation delete or change features that help their users?
Spectre
Spectre
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by lynkobi17 June 24th 2008, 5:35 pm

I don't know...
This support forum is getting useless at some point...

It's only helpful to those who don't know anything about making a site..

Right now, I'm just trying to make my forum through hacking it...

I've already put a thankyou button option on my forum...

Next, all i need is to customize my profile to make it look like "Invision View Profile"

I want my forum to look awesome...
and not some cheap crap that can't look good....
lynkobi17
lynkobi17
Forumember

Male Posts : 29

Back to top Go down

How do I change the text in Headers & Navigation in Menu Edition? Empty same here

Post by scootergrisen June 24th 2008, 8:52 pm

I got the same problem.
What cant the admin (me) have the choice and change "Home" to what ever the **** i like.
For example if you language is not english you proberly dont what it so say "Home". instead i want it to say "Hjem" which mean home in my language...
Yes i can make i picture and replace it but i dont want a picture i want some text that say "Hjem" now whay the **** is that so difficent.

Its nice i guess if ALL phpbb in the world has a HOME so you can easyly find the button but i makes no sence when the rest of the site is in another language.

Edit: Nessa

Last edited by Nessa on July 16th 2008, 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited : To Remove Profanity)
scootergrisen

Language : DK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 24th 2008, 9:01 pm

To change the images for the navagation menu. If there isn't images make a navagation bar.

I understand about wanting to change the wording. I always wanted to

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre June 24th 2008, 9:23 pm

you had the possibility to change the text 6 month ago or something like that ... !!!
Spectre
Spectre
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre July 16th 2008, 1:13 pm

any news here?
Spectre
Spectre
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Saurus July 16th 2008, 9:21 pm

Just make new buttons saying whatever you want and set the view to buttons only - no text. Sunny_D already explained how to do that.

I suggest if you people are all so unhappy with the features forumotion provides for free, you go and buy a domain and hosting package and host your own full version of phpBB so you can do what you want.

Last edited by Saurus on July 16th 2008, 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa July 16th 2008, 10:10 pm

scootergrisen wrote:I got the same problem.
What cant the admin (me) have the choice and change "Home" to what ever the **** i like.
For example if you language is not english you proberly dont what it so say "Home". instead i want it to say "Hjem" which mean home in my language...
Yes i can make i picture and replace it but i dont want a picture i want some text that say "Hjem" now whay the **** is that so difficent.

Its nice i guess if ALL phpbb in the world has a HOME so you can easyly find the button but i makes no sence when the rest of the site is in another language.

Scootergrisen, Profanity is not permitted on this forum. Please refrain from using such language here again.
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down