The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Private Chatbox

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Add a Private Chatbox

93% 93% 
[ 13 ]
7% 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 14

Private Chatbox

Post by Zigian on June 30th 2008, 10:46 pm

I've been trying to get a chatbox in a more private area on my forum, but I can't get any codes or anything for them. I think that forumotion should let you put a chatbox anywhere you want to put it, like instead of on the homepage, it would be in a forum that you can only let certain members into and so on. I personally want this because the forum I'm running has things that need to be kept secret from other members. And I know you can kick people, but they can still see what you're saying in the chatbox, you just click home or refresh and it shows what they just said. And I mean you end up having 2 chatboxes in the end, 1 that's public and 1 that's private (you can obviously turn off either of them if you don't want them).

btw, I don't know if this has been suggested yet or not, but I tried finding it and I couldn't, so please don't lock this topic.

Zigian
Forumember

Male Posts : 42
Language : American English

Back to top Go down

Re: Private Chatbox

Post by fursaffis on August 27th 2008, 7:30 pm

I find this idea very interesting, and something I've been needing also. It would be very useful to pretty much any forum, and I would like to contribute to this idea if I may.

fursaffis

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by fursaffis on August 27th 2008, 7:34 pm

I think it would be a good idea to have what I call an "advanced" chatbox. It would be a single chatbox, that contains multiple tabs or "rooms" some of which can only be accessed by certain people. The permissions would be by group, and the tabs would be editable from the administrative control panel. It would have general chat (Defualt, and accessible by all members who aren't banned), group rooms (accessible by specified groups if not banned Admin and mod rooms exist by default), and user-made rooms (temporary tabs by members that aren't banned that are deleted when they have no occupants). Would anyone like to contribute further?

fursaffis

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Great_WZ on August 27th 2008, 8:40 pm

Just Voted !!!

The_Great_WZ
Forumember

Male Posts : 162
Language : Arabic, French, English & Italian

http://paradise-forum.realbb.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zigian on August 28th 2008, 4:31 am

ya, that advanced chatbox thing sounds great. You could just keep it exactly how it is with tabs, that sounds pretty easy even. As long as there's some way to have private conversations on it that would be nice.

Zigian
Forumember

Male Posts : 42
Language : American English

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor on August 28th 2008, 5:32 am

I think GREAT IDEA for staff and stuff Very good

Trevor
Forumember

Male Posts : 541
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on March 30th 2013, 1:53 pm

Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestion which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Unclear Suggestions

Locked & Garbaged

Jophy

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum