The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Why did you create a forum?

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why did you create a forum?

Post by Guest on July 11th 2008, 2:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

I am not asking why you chose Forumotion to create a forum, but the reason why you decided to create an online community.

I created my forum because I was looking for something for my blog. I decided a forum would be a good asset to have, so I created one. A while after creating it, it failed, as did the blog. So I deleted the forum and the blog and thought I would focus on just one thing. So I did. I created my new forum, MediaMania. I don't know why I went with a Media forum, but I did and I love it.

Share you story with us.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why did you create a forum?

Post by pms solincia on November 3rd 2009, 2:34 pm

Back in June, our main site www.pmsclan.com crashed. We are the worlds largest all-female gaming clan, and we needed a plan to converse and share our information for the time our site was down.

I came across forumotion and decided to build a forum as a temporary site to house the information for my Division of the Clan, and for my Division members to converse while the main site was down for 2 weeks. I now keep the forums updated as a way for members to share if they want, and for guests to explore what our Gaming Clan, PMS Clan Inc, is about.

I really like working on it too. It's fun.

pms solincia
Forumember

Language : english

http://pmsclanhalo3.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by aussiegodess on November 14th 2009, 4:22 am

I wanted somewhere that i could chat about The Twilight Saga that had relaxed rules but still respected each other. I found a few forums but decided to make one myself. Mine is only new, but its getting there.

aussiegodess

Female Posts : 3
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by kjmj14 on November 14th 2009, 10:40 am

I created a forum because I want to meet new people and make new friends all over the world... Wink

kjmj14
Forumember

Male Posts : 795

http://kjmj14.com

Back to top Go down

Post by politicalgold on November 15th 2009, 3:45 pm

I created my forum because i wanted a hobby. I also wanted to provide a place for people who own forums to advertise. Mine is called aqua ads forum Very Happy

politicalgold

Male Posts : 3

http://aquaads.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pro2000 on November 26th 2009, 11:03 pm

It is always good to create a website (including a forum) with a strong sense of purpose and that which will be specific.

I believe I did so to make it possible for others to share information on the web in a social network environment.

May people like to just read forums posts so they will subscribe.
Others will join and participate.
Then there are those who will just wait to see how successful the forum is or if others are joining, then they join and participate - sometimes.

I like to share informative and useful information so that is why I like forum and blogs. It therefore make sense to start a forum or blog with this website.

pro2000

Male Posts : 6

http://thebelievers.niceboards.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on November 27th 2009, 2:55 am

Well, at first I went on a sick leave. Got bored and went on internet to talk to people cause I couldnīt leave the house and meet anyone.
Was looking for different forums when I stumbled on a girlsī magazineīs website.
I used to buy the magazine as a young girl so stayed there.
Soon I was made a moderator. Think cause I was one of the oldest there.
Anyway, I really liked giving advice there and the young girls were lovely.
One day the website got put together with another website and the forum fell apart.
I rushed to make another forum quickly. Did it on a bad server where they donīt have the language most of my users speak.
So one of the members suggested this place. We moved over here.
I was kind of nervous at first cause itīs my first time being an andministrator, but itīs okay now. I try to get the forum members to have a say in everything I do on the forum. I donīt like being bossy and deciding stuff for others. Iīve been that lately though cause some of the users donīt follow the rules - I donīt allow them to give out mail addresses (cause theyīre underage) and donīt like it when people open threads titled just "help" if itīs either about a body problem or a school hassle.

Diana
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286

Back to top Go down

Post by Kidd2122 on December 31st 2009, 4:44 pm

I created mine to manage a fantasy football league Smile

Kidd2122

Back to top Go down

Post by Juani on December 31st 2009, 9:19 pm

Well, as I started a Steam Community along with some friends, we found ourselves in the need of a forum. A place were we could organize the newly founded group. I had already created more than 2 forums with ForuMotion, so that what I suggested we should use. And it worked out wonderfully.

Juani
Forumember

Language : Spanish and English

http://www.cggaming.org

Back to top Go down

Post by pion_scor on January 6th 2010, 5:29 am

my teacher asked my class to have a website or a forum, so i come to this Smile

pion_scor

Back to top Go down

Post by jenaroxsaysame on January 13th 2010, 7:05 pm

I created mine because I thought it would be a cool idea to get my friends and other people to join. I also wanted to write a story that followed my forum to see how other people thought of it Smile

jenaroxsaysame

Back to top Go down

so I could build a fanbase

Post by sophiijones on January 14th 2010, 3:31 pm

[b]I'm a young writer and recently wrote my first novel(in the process of getting it published). My friend (who is in the same boat) and myself decided to make one to showcase some of our short stories and poetry and get feedback Smile

http://thescribes.forumotion.net/

sophiijones

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnydjtracker on January 14th 2010, 3:57 pm

to play the famous play-by-post game and i just made one newly. http://play-by-post.forumotion.comhttp://play-by-post.forumotion.com its in developemnt. there are many forum out there but i choose forumotion because the server is fast, and also just because of the RPG features. Oh also reputation and mods ;-) Very Happy

jonnydjtracker
Forumember

Male Posts : 30
Language : endlish

http://play-by-post.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Clug on January 14th 2010, 4:10 pm

I've made several good, yet eventually failed with 11 members or less forums. My latest forum was made dedicated to The Rike Chronicles Game Series and Book(s). Seeing as I made the games myself and I am writing the book with just one other person, I can tell this isn't going to go far. I hope it does.

Clug
Forumember

Male Posts : 425

http://lbtproductionz.forumsmusic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by slyde//sky on January 16th 2010, 7:21 pm

Mine was for a guild in a video game, Smile

slyde//sky

Back to top Go down

Post by [3L173]Dar3D3ViL on January 18th 2010, 11:27 am

I made the forum because i was making a Server for Garry's Mod and i needed a forum so players can post suggestions and stuff.

[3L173]Dar3D3ViL

Back to top Go down

Post by KQ on January 20th 2010, 1:48 am

It seemed fun, I guess.

KQ
Forumember

Male Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by haedori on January 24th 2010, 8:27 pm

I'm part of a large MMO game and it's about time my guild needs a forum of their own so we could communicate with all of our members around the world.

haedori

Back to top Go down

Post by Antwene on January 25th 2010, 5:50 pm

I work on a public interest subject and I want a place to have a public interest discussion Smile

Antwene

Language : french

Back to top Go down

Post by Myrka on January 28th 2010, 2:53 am

I created the forum I did so people with similar interests and who talk via messenger could have a place to congregate.

Myrka

Back to top Go down

Post by proman1355 on January 31st 2010, 8:21 pm

I wanted to see how being an admin was like, and i was bored....But so far my Board is failing, but i'm not giving up hope :wouhou:

proman1355

http://epicforums.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sladja* on January 31st 2010, 9:35 pm

I create my forum for fun..

*Sladja*

Female Posts : 5
Language : Serbian

http://www.sweiswasta.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.inferno on February 1st 2010, 9:03 pm

i created a forum for a game where we can share stuff for the game and inside game

mr.inferno

Back to top Go down

Post by DoWLa brEEE on February 5th 2010, 12:47 pm

I create my forum becouse my clan

DoWLa brEEE

Language : Serbian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on February 5th 2010, 11:01 pm

I create my forum for IT problems , fun and more ... Cool

Back to top Go down

cash advance

Post by Anderson12 on February 6th 2010, 10:17 am

Content Removed

Anderson12

Back to top Go down

Post by LimeSnowflake on February 6th 2010, 4:13 pm

i like creating a forum mostly because of different pictures and texts i have to put in and sometimes because of my friends so that we can meet up there and stuff... i think it's a good way to do something and for not being so bored...

LimeSnowflake

Language : Slovenian

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuffeldjuret on February 10th 2010, 9:16 pm

I wanted a place to talk about stuff related to Resistance and Liberation, which is an WW2 mod for HL2 (voted #10 mod of the year 2009 on moddb).

Very Happy

Snuffeldjuret

Language : Swedish, English

Back to top Go down

Post by scipizoa on February 11th 2010, 4:48 pm

for reasons unknown Razz

scipizoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rioichi on February 12th 2010, 8:41 pm

Why did I create a forum? That's a story that started 3 years ago. My forum is the third in a line of forums me and two other members have been on. We use the forum for RPGing Naruto but the one we have now wasn't the first that was created upon the same Naruto based RPG.

On the original forum back on Freeforum which was made 3-4 years ago me and the other two guys were just regular members. We RPed there for a bit but the two admins who ran the site disappeared without a word after a year passed. Without admins a lot of stuff couldn't be done that was needed. So one of the other members decided to move the RP to another forum and say there was a time skip in the storyline on the new forum.

Here we continued our RPing even though there were only five of us even on there. The new admin left without a reason but not before giving the admin account to one of the other members, thank goodness. Another year passed and the forum started loading extremely slowly, if it even did load. Before it got to its worst I decided to find a different forum creation site and make another forum for us to move the RP to. And so the RP became a forumotion forum a year and half ago. I myself find it impossible to leave the RP, I even tried to but came back after a while. And Forumotion seems functional so I expect we'll keep our RP until it eventually dies.

Lol long story, my apologies. But this RP survived on just 4-6 members for 3 years. Lol that's an achievement. We have a large userbase here since we have affiliated with another RP elsewhere so the site is far from dieng, even if posting isn't often. I'm really glad I found forumotion to move it to.

Rioichi

Male Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Behaviour??? on February 14th 2010, 11:32 am

I created A forum because i love Harry Potter

http://xxxxxxxx

Behaviour???
Forumember

http://dungeons.forumotion.com/