The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Creating a custom mailbox or a redirection after acquiring a domain name

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Luky on July 23rd 2008, 12:12 am

This tutorial will explain how to create a personalized mailbox after acquiring a domain name for your forum via Forumotion.

Note: Only the forums that have acquired a domain name via Forumotion benefit from this option.Forums having an external domain name and having done a redirection, of the type CNAME, can't have this feature

1. I have a domain name acquired through Forumotion, how do I create a personalized email for my forum?

If your domain name has already been validated by Forumotion and your forum already has it's domain name (To find out, all you have to do is type the domain name of your forum in the links bar and press enter. If you land on your forum, then it worked and all is well) then you can follow these steps, otherwise you'll need to await for the activation of your domain name.

To begin go to Administration Panel => Misc => managing mailboxes

You will arrive on a page that gives you a list of mailboxes and redirection used on your domain name. For now, you have 0! Note that you can create up to 10 e-mail boxes and redirects to your forum!

Then fill out the form:

Important note:the name of the e-mail (e-mail) + password chosen are your coordinates identification for your e-mail box! If you forget the password of your personal e-mail box, simply return to this stage, edit the e-mail box and change the password.

and confirm:

Congratulations, your mailbox is now set up!You will see it in the summary table that summarizes the list of mailboxes.

And as you see, your table of statistics on your e-mail boxes will display: 1 / 10. This means that you have created an e-mail box, and you still have 9 available!

2. I created my personal mailbox. Now, how do I get there?

Nothing could be easier! You just use the webmail address made available to you at the top of the page

The identification page in your account is as follows:

Enter the e-mail + password and click the button connection and voila…!

3.And redirects, what is that? How can I create them?

A redirection email address is a mail whose content is automatically redirected to another address (Example: all e-mails entering the box you@yourdomain.com will be redirected to the box: you@yahoo.com).

For this, go to Administration panel=>Misc=>Managing mailboxes  

Then fill out the form:

then save.

Congratulations, your redirection is now created! You will see in the summary table that summarizes the list of redirects.

In this case, all e-mails sent to email-of-my-forum@mydomain.com will be automatically redirected to my-email@yahoo.com and my-email@gmail.com

And as you see, your table of statistics on your e-mail boxes will display: 1 / 10. This means that you have created a redirection, and you still have 9 available!

Note: To remove or modify a personal mailbox or a redirection, simply use the appropriate button!
  Also see this thread for more info:
http://help.forumotion.com/t145950-how-to-setup-your-mailboxes-domain-purchased-by-forumotion-only

Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum