The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Allow more moderators for usergroups, please.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How many moderators should an administrator be allowed to assign per usergroup?

18% 18% 
[ 2 ]
18% 18% 
[ 2 ]
64% 64% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 11

Allow more moderators for usergroups, please.

Post by Petal on February 5th 2007, 9:39 pm

Currently, only 1 group moderator may be chosen for each usergroup. I am suggesting that we be allowed to assign more than 1 per usergroup.

I am aware that 1) the group moderator is separate from the forums administrator and 2) the forums administrator may also moderate usergroups alongside the group moderator. But I am finding it very time consuming to maintain the usergroups of a site dedicated to a school.

Each graduating class is assigned its own usergroup and its own private sector of the forums board. Currently, I assign the class president, vice president or secretary of each class as group moderators. Idealistically, no problems should arise. But realistically, I am finding that the usergroups are not being updated as much as they should unless I step in as the administrator. This leads to some of the students being closed out of forums that they are entitled to be in. Or, for the poor souls that are held back (i.e. they flunk or take a leave of absence) and thus are now in a different graduating class, they still have the accesses as determined by their old graduation date instead of their new graduation date.

You can see how it can be overwhelming if I have to keep track of the class rosters of an entire campus.

If this request is technically impossible, please let me know and I will try to find my own solution to this situation.

Petal
Forumember

Female Posts : 84
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Allow more moderators for usergroups, please.

Post by Caihlem on February 5th 2007, 9:53 pm

Haveing also made a forum for my school, I follow your thoughts petal Very Happy

P.S; I edited the multiple chice option Wink

Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Petal on February 6th 2007, 10:40 pm

Thank you for understanding, Caihlem. Just knowing that others understand the situation makes it seem less frustrating.

Petal
Forumember

Female Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by elfie on February 10th 2007, 8:52 pm

~I think that this is actually a good idea, something Ive thought of but never got around to suggesting

elfie
Forumember

Female Posts : 126

http://hogwarts-experience.heavenforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Flight X Pilot93 on February 21st 2007, 3:01 pm

This would work well.

Flight X Pilot93
Forumember

Male Posts : 91

http://xboxonline.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum