The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Move locked topics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Move locked topic

67% 67% 
[ 6 ]
33% 33% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 9

Move locked topics

Post by Guest on August 7th 2008, 10:06 pm

It is getting discouraging to view some forum with all the locked topic can they be move to a file cabinet or the trash

Back to top Go down

Re: Move locked topics

Post by Doctor Inferno on August 8th 2008, 6:36 am

voted yes, it would be more tidy

Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa on August 8th 2008, 7:30 am

I vote No for many reasons actually. Razz

1) In the Support Forum section: I think its actually helpful for members to see specific topics that may be related to their current problems with solutions available when they see the Solved topic icons..

Also, for staff as well as members who give support here ( And Hate repeating the same answers over and over ) it makes linking members with these repeat questions easier and quicker to resolve these topics with problem solutions already there.

2) In the General Discussion section: Locked topics only remain in there for 24 hrs then get moved to the garbage.

3) And most importantly, I think only the Support Forum Administrators should make such a judgment call as to how they decide to regulate this issue. Smile

Just my opinion anyway....

Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim on August 9th 2008, 11:30 am

^^ ditto

Its nice kilsek that you are thinking of the green house effect all the time ... and the triple R (recycle , reuse , re-something)
but we are not going to die from thread-o-two emissions.

plus when you move a thread to garbage the members lands up Pming you asking why his thread is in the garbage... or he just write the topic again.
When you have the thread locked the member sees that his thread was locked, thus he clicks the Pm button and flames you for locking his thread...

i prefer the second option... its a chance to thrash a member and issue warns and bans...

Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

http://jalokimgraphics.pl

Back to top Go down

Post by hikki on August 9th 2008, 1:43 pm

i voted yes yeah of course so we can see the active thread and we can more fast opened the forum ^____^'

hikki
Forumember

Male Posts : 77
Language : English, Spanish, Italian, Portugesse, German, France, Russian.

http://dragondixducouran.bigforumpro.com/login.forum?connexion

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum