The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Techs need to rethink reported abuse!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

good or bad idea

97% 97% 
[ 28 ]
3% 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 29

Techs need to rethink reported abuse!

Post by Guest on October 13th 2008, 4:31 pm

i think the techs need to rethink the reported abuse option about someones forum because i think this could open to abuse with rivals sites

if they dont have a clear reason to report someones forum then it shouldn't go into reported abuse, if the report is false then the reporter should get a warming.

We should be given the reasons why our forums been reported too, if someone is trying to get your forum close down for no reason at all then we wouldn't get worried about it.

Back to top Go down

Re: Techs need to rethink reported abuse!

Post by Guest on October 13th 2008, 4:33 pm

agreed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno on October 13th 2008, 4:45 pm

yes.

Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on October 13th 2008, 6:37 pm

this is the only information they give you in the reported abuses option in your admin panel.

if you click onto my forum you will see there nothing Hateful or abusive content on index page, I'm starting to think it could be post that i have miss but i have over 30,000 post on my forum that going to take months to find it,

so if we were given more information or reason we can fix the problem faster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem on October 13th 2008, 9:58 pm

Curious as to why they didn't add this in the first place mwii

Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on October 14th 2008, 9:13 am

how long does it take before i find out what going to happen?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim on October 14th 2008, 10:10 am

I really think the report abuse function is stupid...
First as mentioned it kills rival sites... they start reporting eachother for stupid reasons...
secondly : " I swear that all specified informations are correct " yeah right.

and if theres a real illegal site and I report it... well it give pretty much nothing. I always have to copy the link and leave a message for typlo...

Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

http://jalokimgraphics.pl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on October 14th 2008, 11:49 am

There was a member of my forum that i banned because he was spamming the forum up with 1 word posts over and over again.He got upset and decided to make himself a staffy forum, which i don't have a problem with,but he nows calls me because of how i run my forum,saying i am childish because i banned him , i did give him a few warmings about spamming.

someone told me about his post about my forum i did take a screenshot of it because i thought it was disrespectful towards my forum & the next thing i knew he was posting my personal informaton on his forum , i have a screenshot of that too. He has removed it now but i did report his forum over 3-4 weeks ago and nothing has happened.

i'm 99% sure this bloke is the one reported my forum for no reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by lenwick on January 23rd 2010, 3:11 pm

I have malcontents on my forum that cause all the problems they can including reporting abuses that are not there.Most have been banned in time they all will.The problem is some sneak back and it starts again.I am winning slowly

lenwick
Forumember

Male Posts : 29
Language : english

http://norfolk.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyK on August 15th 2010, 7:50 am

I think that the abuse report is being abused. I just got a report where a member filed three against me! My forum is so small it's not hard to figure out who it was since I have had issues with two people. Actually one person who was acting like another person, lol. I knew that too. This report was made in February and I just received it. Makes me wonder how many more are coming. I am so heartbroken and mad all at the same time.

There must be something that can be done about these kinds of people. I worked hard on my forum and its not right that just any person out of anger can come in and have that all taken away with lies.

I even invited this person back when she asked. Had I known she did this I never would have done it. There needs to be a better plan. Admins need to be informed when this happens and who does it It's bogus!!

Last edited by TracyK on August 15th 2010, 8:05 am; edited 2 times in total

TracyK

Female Posts : 6
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneRaven on August 15th 2010, 8:16 am

I agree with this one. Also they should be kind enough to let members get backups of their forums as well. Like tar.zips or something like that, since some people do spend years adding to their sites. Would be a shame for them to lose all their hard work out of someone being spiteful. Yet another suggestion that should be made I guess.

StoneRaven
Forumember

Male Posts : 142

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku on August 16th 2010, 11:48 pm

I only report abuses if members on forums think to be so smart as to play games by insulting me, or trying to get me to get mad, but I won't give them the satisfaction, at worst, i'll just tip of the site moderator by using the abuse report option.

=> Reporting abuses are no child game. If some one thinks that it's his problem, not mine. This is to be respected, as a specialized staff is treating each abuse request... ( i won't get into details because I do not want the staff to jump on me as if I am some kind of pest, etc, but I will just say that I take each request I send very seriously)

=> AS the issue here is litigation that seems to be a more serious matter, I only use it if really some sneaky guy wants to copy my forum (and give our site a bad name, etc.) or if they do not abide by my requests to delete account & posts related to my username... (again, I won't expand, thus avoiding the staff to ban or reprimand me for misbehaviour)

NB: To keep a long story short, I don't know which side I will be on, hence I will not vote just yet...

Count Dooku
Forumember

Language : English, French, some Arabic

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 on August 17th 2010, 12:04 am

Report Abuse is constantly abused, and needs to be deleted completely. It's useless, and never gets any job done but creating tension between forums.

that70sguy92
Forumember

Male Posts : 287

http://sbcommunity.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by TheListener on August 17th 2010, 12:04 am

They definitely do. I'm sick of getting stupid anonymous abuses such as "I'm haaving problems with FB!"

TheListener
Forumember

Male Posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Post by APE on August 17th 2010, 10:13 am

This has my Vote.

I think that if soe one reports your forum you should get a Email and a bit on the home page of the AP like you do with the Don't let anyone have your password .

This would pop up when your site has had a report about in.

you can then go over your forum and maske sure every thing is ok and fix the problem that got you reported in the 1st place

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8648
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on August 21st 2010, 7:42 am

@Jalokim wrote:I really think the report abuse function is stupid...
First as mentioned it kills rival sites... they start reporting eachother for stupid reasons...
secondly : " I swear that all specified informations are correct " yeah right.

Yes , I'm sick of getting stupid anonymous abuses .... If they have anything with me , report me to Forumotion ... they not use "Report an abuse" huhohi

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku on February 9th 2014, 7:35 pm

I think I voted 'yes' as the abuse function (if used wisely) can be beneficial to moderators.

@Count Dooku wrote:I only report abuses if members on forums think to be so smart ...

Jalokim, with proof, there is NO swearing involved.

Count Dooku
Forumember

Language : English, French, some Arabic

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on September 25th 2015, 4:24 am

Bumping to move this suggestion to the first page.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36735

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on September 25th 2015, 4:58 am

Voted yes. =)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum