The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

user title

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

good idea for user titles?

90% 90% 
[ 87 ]
10% 10% 
[ 10 ]
 
Total Votes : 97

user title

Post by shadow dragon on March 3rd 2007, 1:36 am

First topic message reminder :

It gets annoying when people always ask me to change their user title. It would be a good idea if the users can put in there own user title. or activate it for users once they get a certain amount of posts.

shadow dragon
Forumember

Male Posts : 164
Reputation : 3
Location : saca-tamato

Back to top Go down


Re: user title

Post by Tarogasini on February 10th 2009, 7:36 pm

Let me be the one to gladly vote no. I dont want members to change their usernames by their free will. I have to see & approve the name change. If i am not satisfied with it, they cant.

Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351
Reputation : 9
Language : English
Location : Simplicity is my style.

Back to top Go down

Re: user title

Post by Avatar Freddy on April 1st 2009, 10:15 pm

@Tarogasini wrote:Let me be the one to gladly vote no. I dont want members to change their usernames by their free will. I have to see & approve the name change. If i am not satisfied with it, they cant.
not name - title, btwothers voted no too, so your not alone Smile

This is definitely useful and fun and adds a personal touch,
I would use it as an option for those that reach a post value of say 1k min
Also warn people that abuse it (member tile: Admin, Mod etc)
It's been done else where so I see no reason to not do it.


Last edited by Avatar Freddy on April 1st 2009, 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Addded the quote and response)

Avatar Freddy
Forumember

Posts : 43
Reputation : 0
Language : English
Location : netherlands

http://avatargame.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: user title

Post by Rin on April 2nd 2009, 5:19 am

i thought we already had this, but since we don't i totally agree. this would help.

Rin
Forumember

Male Posts : 68
Reputation : 0
Language : english
Location : here, where else?

http://the-senate.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: user title

Post by incredible_fear on April 2nd 2009, 10:24 pm

very nice idea...
i voted to yes...

incredible_fear
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1582
Reputation : 131
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: user title

Post by Carryn on April 2nd 2009, 10:33 pm

This thread was started a while ago, maybe it wasn't possible then, but we can just use the personalized profile fields to do this Cool

Carryn
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1399
Reputation : 86
Language : none.
Location : somewhere not on the support forum

Back to top Go down

Re: user title

Post by Christos on April 2nd 2009, 11:23 pm

acutally there are two suggestions here.
NO1 isnt possible yet

NO2 is default.. you can have different rank titles automaticly changed depending on posts of the member

Christos
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1237
Reputation : 36
Language : English,French,Greek,Luxembourgish
Location : Luxembourg

http://misery.in-goo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: user title

Post by BliNk737 on April 4th 2009, 5:35 am

I agree. this seems like a lot of vb things.

BliNk737
Forumember

Posts : 28
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: user title

Post by Mehtevas on April 4th 2009, 6:12 am

Voted Yes

Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Reputation : 14
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.
Location : Oregon, USA

http://www.rogueassassins.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: user title

Post by Soleil on August 6th 2009, 6:34 am

Voted yes because this is possible on InvisionBoard forums and they have no issues with people abusing the member titles. It's a privilege. You have to treat members like children. If they are not mature enough to be able to have their own special title, then remove that privilege. Take the cookies away if they misbehave. Simple as that. Don't punish the entire forum for a few bad seeds.

Personally I find it irritating and annoying having to make a special rank for each and every member of my forum as they all want something different. Yes I could say no but that wouldn't be very nice of me as I consider them my friends. Right now I have 9 ranks on my admin panel.

Soleil
New Member

Female Posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: user title

Post by Jalokim on August 6th 2009, 12:15 pm

You guys realise this can be done via profiles?



well here I go... have to whip out the old tut box.
This isn't going to be exactly like the title editor on other sites... but its worth a try.

this can be set up that members can change it or mods.

So here goes:

Admin panel-> users and groups -> profiles ->

You need to create a text field

*In the name you can add this: &nsbp;
it will make the thing almost invisible only a colon (Smile will remain... but I don't think its that bad?
if you want the colon to make sense add a small icon in the "url icon" box
get a mini icon of a profile or something to make it look better

*obligatory = NO! - this will make it so it won't appear if a member doesn't want it

*preview = both

*who can modify = if members must change it (members themselves) if mods (moderators)

*Who can see it = well its better for members to see it

* and the seperator is by preference.

** in the default you can add your own text like (user title) or (member rank) or somthing ... use your imagination.


here are screens:


^^ this is what I mean by the colon...

but it can be made to look nice... like this:


ta da

another great improvised tutorial by jalokim graphics and tealeaf graphics... ehhehe ... the link is in the profile I accept cheques and all major credit cards.


-----------------
but seriously... is this what you guys are looking for?
if so I'll make this an official tut ...
If not tell me what has to be changed?

Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Reputation : 221
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML
Location : Poland

http://jalokimgraphics.pl

Back to top Go down

Re: user title

Post by LilJur on August 6th 2009, 1:08 pm

Wow... that no one actually figured out what Jalokim just said...
I knew this like months ago o.O

LilJur
Forumember

Male Posts : 212
Reputation : 8
Language : xml, css, html, hex, english and dutch

Back to top Go down

Re: user title

Post by Soleil on August 6th 2009, 8:16 pm

Well I asked this on help forums like.. 2 days ago and I was told there was no way to do it. So yeah....Thanks though I'll go try that now.

Soleil
New Member

Female Posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: user title

Post by Rehua on August 6th 2009, 8:31 pm

@Jalokim wrote:You guys realise this can be done via profiles?



well here I go... have to whip out the old tut box.
This isn't going to be exactly like the title editor on other sites... but its worth a try.

this can be set up that members can change it or mods.

So here goes:

Admin panel-> users and groups -> profiles ->

You need to create a text field

*In the name you can add this: &nsbp;
it will make the thing almost invisible only a colon (Smile will remain... but I don't think its that bad?
if you want the colon to make sense add a small icon in the "url icon" box
get a mini icon of a profile or something to make it look better

*obligatory = NO! - this will make it so it won't appear if a member doesn't want it

*preview = both

*who can modify = if members must change it (members themselves) if mods (moderators)

*Who can see it = well its better for members to see it

* and the seperator is by preference.

** in the default you can add your own text like (user title) or (member rank) or somthing ... use your imagination.


here are screens:


^^ this is what I mean by the colon...

but it can be made to look nice... like this:


ta da

another great improvised tutorial by jalokim graphics and tealeaf graphics... ehhehe ... the link is in the profile I accept cheques and all major credit cards.


-----------------
but seriously... is this what you guys are looking for?
if so I'll make this an official tut ...
If not tell me what has to be changed?

That's easy. I did that like 2 weeks ago Laughing.

Rehua
Forumember

Male Posts : 669
Reputation : 1
Language : Dutch, English, German, French
Location : On Forumotion.

http://vocatrem.findtalk.biz/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: user title

Post by Nok on August 6th 2009, 10:02 pm

Yea, its easy

but its not exactly the usertitle :I

It's a definite yes for me
that makes it 71 yes's

Very Happy

Nok
Forumember

Male Posts : 40
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: user title

Post by Polka-Dot-Heart on August 8th 2009, 4:08 am

@Nok wrote:Yea, its easy

but its not exactly the usertitle :I

It's a definite yes for me
that makes it 71 yes's

Very Happy
I know, it can be done via ACP (I've had it since I started my forum) and stuff but like Nok said it's not really the usertittle. It would be a fun feature for members who are mods and mini mods so that they can change there own userittle. Right now what I have is okay but still. So if it can be done right now, then awesome. If it can't oh well.

Polka-Dot-Heart
Forumember

Female Posts : 135
Reputation : 16
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: user title

Post by sworddude247 on August 9th 2009, 4:45 am

Sure, why not! Excellent idea!

sworddude247
Forumember

Posts : 197
Reputation : 0
Language : Copy & paste this to your language box!

http://dannysforum.4umer.net

Back to top Go down

Re: user title

Post by AiKirika on August 9th 2009, 2:57 pm

i vote yes....
but only if there are some kinds of requirements to this...
like already said... having reached a certain amount of posts... or being in a group that has the permission enabled...

cause i dont want every spammer who got enough posts through spamming to get some really annoying title just cause he wants to...

AiKirika
Forumember

Female Posts : 480
Reputation : 1
Language : english, german

Back to top Go down

Re: user title

Post by Goku93 on September 16th 2009, 11:17 am

awesome idea voted yes

Goku93
Forumember

Male Posts : 255
Reputation : 1
Language : English,Urdu,HTML,CSS,Coding,C++,Hacking
Location : Pakistan

http://www.zamboadvertising.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: user title

Post by SLGray on August 13th 2015, 9:31 pm

Bumping to move this suggestion to the first page.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35669
Reputation : 2375
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum