The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change user post count

+4
AdmiralJuicy
Tilum
tommylsvs11
motionsicknessedmuse
8 posters

Go down

Alter users post count number?

Change user post count Left1171%Change user post count Right11 71% 
[ 12 ]
Change user post count Left1129%Change user post count Right11 29% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Change user post count Empty Change user post count

Post by motionsicknessedmuse October 23rd 2008, 2:19 am

Hi, I'm new, and some of the templates here are really great, its what sold me on this place, but I have a suggestion.

Can you find a way to edit a user's post count?

I know some people like to spam to raise their post count, and as a joke, once in a while I'd make some random inactive person's count like...25859 posts, some large, random number, just for fun to see member's reaction. Shocked

It's fun, and I know it can be done elsewhere, can it be done here?
motionsicknessedmuse

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Change user post count Empty Re: Change user post count

Post by tommylsvs11 October 23rd 2008, 10:05 pm

Unfortunately it can't be done on forummotion's forum software, it can however be done on many of forum softwares such as

vBulletin
SMF

Those are all that I can think of, SMF is by far the best, it's free, and it's the exact same thing as vBulletin.
tommylsvs11
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilum October 23rd 2008, 10:29 pm

...You shouldn't be advertising other forum providers with a hyperlink...

I like the idea, for example, it there woere 5 spam posts, but you wanted to keep them as an example to other member, you could just reduce the post count.

Voted yes.
Tilum
Tilum
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1759

Back to top Go down

Post by AdmiralJuicy October 23rd 2008, 11:05 pm

Hasn't this already been suggested more then once?
AdmiralJuicy
AdmiralJuicy
Forumember

Male Posts : 125

http://sonicfamily.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord IceMan October 25th 2008, 2:22 am

Tizo The Hedgehog wrote:Hasn't this already been suggested more then once?

Yes, and I keep voting against it. Post counts might as well be eliminated if they don't represent anything, and the instant the post counts can be edited they immediately become meaningless, representing nothing and being no more than a random, arbitrary number.

If I look at a user's post count and it reads "213", does that indicate 213 posts this user has made, how many posts are currently floating around the board (as it currently stands, deleting a post drops the post count), has this user posted ten times and someone raised the number by an additional 203, does this user have more than a thousand posts but someone dropped it to 213, or what? As soon as this number can be artificially altered, it becomes meaningless and a representation of nothing.
Lord IceMan
Lord IceMan
Forumember

Male Posts : 88

http://iceman.azureforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixaz October 25th 2008, 7:40 pm

Lord IceMan wrote:

Yes, and I keep voting against it. Post counts might as well be eliminated if they don't represent anything, and the instant the post counts can be edited they immediately become meaningless, representing nothing and being no more than a random, arbitrary number.

If I look at a user's post count and it reads "213", does that indicate 213 posts this user has made, how many posts are currently floating around the board (as it currently stands, deleting a post drops the post count), has this user posted ten times and someone raised the number by an additional 203, does this user have more than a thousand posts but someone dropped it to 213, or what? As soon as this number can be artificially altered, it becomes meaningless and a representation of nothing.
Agreed.

I mean, why even bother? If you want to make a user's post count any random number, just delete their posts (lower) or change their password, go into it, and spam the posts (raise it). Right?
Ixaz
Ixaz
Forumember

Male Posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by donovansrb2 October 26th 2008, 2:22 am

Ixaz wrote:
Lord IceMan wrote:

Agreed.

I mean, why even bother? If you want to make a user's post count any random number, just delete their posts (lower) or change their password, go into it, and spam the posts (raise it). Right?

Agreeded, If it was an option, Admins or Moderators would probally put everybodys number to zero for just the fun of it. (VOTED N-O!)
donovansrb2
donovansrb2

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 1st 2013, 6:03 am

Change user post count Light-bulb-icon Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented & Rejected suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: https://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
https://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged

Change user post count Modera10Jophy
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down