The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Warnings deleted for good Behavior

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Regain full Warning bar for good behavior

72% 72% 
[ 18 ]
28% 28% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 25

Warnings deleted for good Behavior

Post by Guest on November 16th 2008, 4:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok so we got the warning bar now. Is there a way we can regain a full bar for following the forum rules for some time.

Back to top Go down

Re: Warnings deleted for good Behavior

Post by Caihlem on November 17th 2008, 8:53 am

If you are banned, and you come back, and we recognise you there's a two option choice:
> Either you're a normal member, we leave you be
> You continue the reasons that had you banned => immediate ban, no 3 stroke warnings

So you can plead your cause Wink

Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on November 17th 2008, 9:27 am

@Caihlem wrote:If you are banned, and you come back, and we recognise you there's a two option choice:
> Either you're a normal member, we leave you be
> You continue the reasons that had you banned => immediate ban, no 3 stroke warnings

So you can plead your cause Wink

I see.....But than thats going around the rule of "multiuser accounts will be banned".

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem on November 17th 2008, 9:28 am

Multi-accounts presume they're active at the same time ^_^"

Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on November 17th 2008, 9:42 am

@Caihlem wrote:Multi-accounts presume they're active at the same time ^_^"

Well, err.....im cornered...i gotta escape, *thinks of an idea*
hmm..well that changes everything...Well, that means i should re-read the rules(the 10th time tonight lol)...that means i hav interpreted the rules incorectally. Confused

ok, Caihlem, so if someone does have a multi-account, because their first one was banned for some reason(you can make one up) They are allowed to make a new account, and carry on what they were doing before, but if they annoy someone, their instentally banned?
Is that correct?

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on November 17th 2008, 9:47 am

Yes. A second account after being banned is usually on a one strike rule. One wrong step, and you're outta here, again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on November 17th 2008, 9:55 am

Scamite wrote:Yes. A second account after being banned is usually on a one strike rule. One wrong step, and you're outta here, again.

Thank you scamate.
You might'en be "staff" anymore, but i will still respect you Mr. Green

--offtopic--
Scamite, i looove ur avator..its soooo awesome rock banana

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on November 17th 2008, 10:07 am

You sure learn a lot about not only Forumotion and forums, but also yourself and how to work as a team. It's not as easy as it may seem either. You have to have a mind of steel.

Also thanks for the compliments about my avatar. And thank you for showing your respect. That's what I asked for. Members to respect each other.

But like I said, I don't support this suggestion. There'll be too much protesting all the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on November 17th 2008, 10:18 am

Scamite wrote: It's not as easy as it may seem either. You have to have a mind of steel.

And thank you for showing your respect. That's what I asked for. Members to respect each other.

But like I said, I don't support this suggestion. There'll be too much protesting all the time.

If uv been through what iv been through in life, yea ud too have a imnd of steel.
You shouldnt hav had to ask for members to respect each other, its the rule of the forum!
I do support the suggestion, if i get warned for it, thats cool cause its my belief. If theres protest, theres also warns, war=banned
Woops off topic..*Golp*

Voted now Very Happy , didnt vote before

Last edited by darren1 on November 17th 2008, 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add smilies)

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on November 17th 2008, 2:33 pm

@Jalokim wrote:
apart from that I wanted to remind you kilsek that you are also running on special circumstances... your quota for reps and warns is off the scale and yet you are in the orange. but you are somewhat of a role model for members on the forum... you are able to bend rules without breaking them (too much) ... but sometimes you do push it...

I have been on thin ice since since I registered. I speak out about these 'updates' and all else going on.

There are members that won't voice their opinion like I do in fear of retaliation for staff (it has happend recently) so they agree in points that what I say. This role model you speak of, could it be because I have helped hundreds of people? Could it be that I am in fact a decent guy but disliked by those in power.

If you staff truely knew, and understood what people thought and wanted with forumotion. Well damn there would never be any problems.

It seems like the members here are now seperated in 3 fractions with thier own beliefs and wants for forumotion. When will Forumotion come to listen?

This suggestion I made has very good merit. I find it odd that only mods and those who all of a sudden began helping folks and replying to topics like this are the ones who are voting no.

Why?

Because you feel as though your warning was wasted and you lost your form of punishment that you gave said member?

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex on November 17th 2008, 2:50 pm

not at all kilsek.

I voted no because from experience of using warning systems in the past, on my own forums, i have seen it be abused many a time. As has been suggested, members ending up on last warnings, suddenly behaving and me thinking, oh great i dont have to ban someone (not of all us take pleasure out of having to do that you know) then once its back up to normal again and a few more weeks have passed..it starts all over again. There is no point to a warn system when it can be used like that. Its the ones that do that, that ruin it for other members, whom may genuinely try to get back in the green and keep a clean slate. However there is no way to get round that, that i am aware of.

The system we have has always worked for forumotion since i have been on the staff, i dont see that its required to change it, suddenly because it has become viewable to all and a special circumstance which is over and done with.

As far as i am aware, most of the staff do like you and are friends with you outwith the support forum. I do take exception to the 'you' staff comment however...you make it sound like an accusation of some kind. We are not seperate from members, we try our best to work with them, and ultimately are members ourselves, with our own forums hosted with forumotion. We are not against members, we are for them, on their side, why would we not be?

Finally, i dont believe the staff has a problem with ANY member wanting to express their opinions regarding forumotion, there are only topics for this, and as long as it is in a polite, civil, adult manner, i cant see any of us getting upset over that. Smile

zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on November 17th 2008, 2:59 pm

@zinex wrote:
We are not seperate from members

But you are. Really think about it. I will not go into it here as you asked a few posts up not to mention anything about a certain subject.

I would be more than willing to shares not only my views about what I quoted from your post, but the views of many others anytime on MSN if you would care to hear the voice of the members.

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex on November 17th 2008, 3:06 pm

Kilsek you speak like you talk for each and every member for this support forum. I am sure you do speak for a good number of the regular ones, but not all, and really they need to speak up for themselves more, so it doesnt always look like a one man band. I understand certain things have happened in the past that may make them afraid to, but as stated above, that will not happen in the future again, and any opinions that are worded in a correct manner count.

Are you saying its not possible to be staff and also a member? That we cant understand how members of the support forum feel? one staff members opinions and actions doesnot represent the rest of us, if it did, well things would be different just now wouldnt they.

I dont know about any of the rest of the team, but i didnt stop being a member just because a wee rank was added under my picture and my name changed colour. I dont moderate my opinions on things, because i am staff. In this topic my opinion has nothing at all to do with being on the staff, no matter how much you may like to suggest it is, or indeed any staff that has posted on this thread. My opinion would be the same if i was not staff too.

zinex
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by endless013 on November 17th 2008, 3:08 pm

@zinex wrote:
We are not seperate from members

So, question of the hour is... Does that mean that Staff can and will get a "warning" also if they stepped out of line in some way?

endless013
Forumember

Male Posts : 450
Language : english

http://www.darkrealm13.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex on November 17th 2008, 3:11 pm

i should hope so endless013, but i would like to think now, since certain circumstances have happened, no staff would be so out of line as to warrent one. I certainly wouldnt.

zinex
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on November 17th 2008, 3:15 pm

@zinex wrote:i should hope so endless013, but i would like to think now, since certain circumstances have happened, no staff would be so out of line as to warrent one. I certainly wouldnt.

Really? Then see my previous post about a possible chat on MSN.

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex on November 17th 2008, 3:21 pm

i have a pm box kilsek, you are welcome to use it Smile

zinex
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on November 17th 2008, 3:29 pm

@zinex wrote:Kilsek you speak like you talk for each and every member for this support forum. I am sure you do speak for a good number of the regular ones, but not all, and really they need to speak up for themselves more, so it doesnt always look like a one man band. I understand certain things have happened in the past that may make them afraid to, but as stated above, that will not happen in the future again, and any opinions that are worded in a correct manner count.

Are you saying its not possible to be staff and also a member? That we cant understand how members of the support forum feel? one staff members opinions and actions doesnot represent the rest of us, if it did, well things would be different just now wouldnt they.

I dont know about any of the rest of the team, but i didnt stop being a member just because a wee rank was added under my picture and my name changed colour. I dont moderate my opinions on things, because i am staff. In this topic my opinion has nothing at all to do with being on the staff, no matter how much you may like to suggest it is, or indeed any staff that has posted on this thread. My opinion would be the same if i was not staff too.

Never said I speak for all. And as staff I dont see any of you actually saying when a update is garbage or not, you (not you yourself) always say "I am sure the tech did a lot of hard work and I thank them for that" Never mind all the bugs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim on November 17th 2008, 3:33 pm

I said the admin note was trash, but i generally like everything else

Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

http://jalokimgraphics.pl

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex on November 17th 2008, 3:37 pm

So you think i say that because i am staff?

I say that because i have had a phpbb 3 forum before, where i had to add a lot of modifications by hand. Not like vbulletin where it can be for the most a one click job. I added the category hierarchy mod before to phpbb 2, which simply allows you to have subforums...it took me days and days and one fresh install of phpbb2 to do it all over again! I may not always find features in the updates particularly useful to me, but i can still appreciate the work it would take to have them implemented in an already highly modified forum. NOT because i am staff! I also dont tend to complain about glitches much because they have always been resolved fairly quick (i have never had a problem with my chatbox!)

I have said MANY times kilsek, that i do understand however, how frustrating it must be to some of the members though, but as i am not tech...there just isnt a lot i can do about it is other than try to keep the calm until the problems are resolved, which most are in time.

zinex
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on November 17th 2008, 3:40 pm

Zinex, I think we undwerstand each other but for some odd reason we arent connecting in this topic. I sent you a PM.

Jalokim, YOU have been outspoken and I am glad that you do when you do.

@zinex wrote:So you think i say that because i am staff?

I say that because i have had a phpbb 3 forum before, where i had to add a lot of modifications by hand. Not like vbulletin where it can be for the most a one click job. I added the category hierarchy mod before to phpbb 2, which simply allows you to have subforums...it took me days and days and one fresh install of phpbb2 to do it all over again! I may not always find features in the updates particularly useful to me, but i can still appreciate the work it would take to have them implemented in an already highly modified forum. NOT because i am staff! I also dont tend to complain about glitches much because they have always been resolved fairly quick (i have never had a problem with my chatbox!)

I have said MANY times kilsek, that i do understand however, how frustrating it must be to some of the members though, but as i am not tech...there just isnt a lot i can do about it is other than try to keep the calm until the problems are resolved, which most are in time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon on November 17th 2008, 7:21 pm

Good suggestion. I feel that people will discredit advice from people with warnings. Maybe it should only be visible in the profiles and not seen in every post that is made.

Brandon
Forumember

Male Posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonspike on November 17th 2008, 8:44 pm

Stop attacking 'Zinex' people!

'Kilsek', I have lots of respect for you and everyone one on the staff team, I even have a small amount of respect back for Scamite, and that is only because of what he has said in PM to me.

You know better to drag things out here... the attacking Zinex will not be tolerated by the staff and you know this already.. by attacking I mean countering anything she says to you, placing more pressure on her.

She is a mother of three, Zinex has enough on her plate already, the very fact she is here as a MOD surprises me, but I would NOT want it any other way.

'Kilsek', I support your idea.. I do.. but there are flaws in it, the people who see these flaws, are staff members and also people like myself, who know what to look for. that is why I have said no, I have already explained this before and also gave a way that this idea COULD work..

The fact they have 'Moderator' or 'Admin' and bare the title of Staff, is totally irrelevant, they are people just like you and I and they are allowed an opinion on things, just like you and I..against your better judgment, you have to accept overall that the staff say yes/no to ideas we all produce.

Remember, (this is for EVERYONE to remember).. Certain people are made STAFF for a reason or two, and you can expect those reasons to be valid and justified, so if any decisions were to be made, you can bet that the reasons behind this are also justified and very valid.

I will add that I also think to an extent, your warnings on yourself are making your opinions biast as you want the chance to redeem yourself, therefore you are being a little closed minded and hasty to pounce on anyone who does not agree with your ideals.

But 'Kilsek' for all the staff sakes, my sake and your own sake, PLEASE, don't get banned over this thread.... please?

Last edited by Demonspike on November 17th 2008, 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Demonspike
Forumember

Male Posts : 458

http://darkrealms.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on November 17th 2008, 8:55 pm

I won't, well I don't think I will.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on November 18th 2008, 6:19 am

Kilsek, yo do speak out more than u think, and sometimes you make quite a valid arguement, But ur knowledge of forumotion is quite suprior than what u think, pleae dont waste it, i think just on some occasions u need to just sit back and, well, think about what ur posting.
I have previously been hurt by some of ur posts, but thats cause it was inaproperate and quite rude, and attacking me.

But alot more people out there do think about you, they talk about u, they thank you, and oh soo much more just cause u dont see it doesnt mean it doesent happen.

Please dont kill the amount of people that uv helped out run by getting banned over this little pueny topic.

Tho it is a good suggestion, with many flaws and advantages

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum