The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple Character sheets ability

4 posters

Go down

Should this be a option to look into?

Multiple Character sheets ability Left11100%Multiple Character sheets ability Right11 100% 
[ 5 ]
Multiple Character sheets ability Left110%Multiple Character sheets ability Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Multiple Character sheets ability Empty Multiple Character sheets ability

Post by vikingdriver November 19th 2008, 21:13

Since many of our forums include RPG's I think that we should offer Multiple stlye sheets for the various RPG formats. What I suggest is a Drop Down menu for members to select the character sheet style that they would want to use.

In the Admin panel you should be able to select "Add New Character Sheet - name that sheet - Create that sheet - and then post for member use.

The purpose for this is so that if a member belongs to two or more RPG's Say "Pokemon" and then "Dungeon's and Dragons" That member would be able to have two separate character sheets distinctive to their game within their profile to select from while playing their separate games.

I know that they won't be able to use both sheets simultaneously but they should still be able to "Switch Identities" when leaving one game and entering into another.

I can nearly see how to do this -- it would be similiar to the dice roller format and the Modules format.
vikingdriver
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Multiple Character sheets ability Empty Re: Multiple Character sheets ability

Post by Gunhack X November 19th 2008, 22:35

Well, Ok.
Gunhack X
Gunhack X
Forumember

Male Posts : 479
Language : English, Español

http://windows.topgoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonspike November 20th 2008, 00:13

Massive problem with what you are suggesting.

For your idea to work, you would need the character sheets already pre-made, then the members fill in whatever it is they need to, or an Admin does for RPG purposes to avoid cheating. (I do that on my site)

So, who would pre-make these sheets? Forumotion?

They can't cover all the types of RPG's out there, only leave a basic version of the sheets.... which they would "Hope" can be used in accordance with the RPG type, otherwise it's pointless.

I like the idea, but it's going to be so awkward to do.

So "No!" from me...sorry

~DS~
Demonspike
Demonspike
Forumember

Male Posts : 458
Language : English

http://darkrealms.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down

Post by vikingdriver November 21st 2008, 03:51

Demonspike wrote:Massive problem with what you are suggesting.

For your idea to work, you would need the character sheets already pre-made, then the members fill in whatever it is they need to, or an Admin does for RPG purposes to avoid cheating. (I do that on my site)

So, who would pre-make these sheets? Forumotion?

They can't cover all the types of RPG's out there, only leave a basic version of the sheets.... which they would "Hope" can be used in accordance with the RPG type, otherwise it's pointless.

I like the idea, but it's going to be so awkward to do.

So "No!" from me...sorry

~DS~

I do see your point and that thought did occur to me as well, though I did fail to mention that. In answer...Yes. Forumotion can and does make the generic sheets which can be altered at the Admin level. Yet the point is... to allow members to have more than one character sheet, and to be able to select and witch between their alternate egos
vikingdriver
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 1st 2013, 18:20

Multiple Character sheets ability Permis10 Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented & Rejected suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: https://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
https://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged

Multiple Character sheets ability Modera10Jophy
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum