The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forumotion Admin Panel/account Security

+4
Carryn
Darren1
Sanket
MrMario
8 posters

Go down

Have your accounts more Security Proof (Admins)

Forumotion Admin Panel/account Security Left1167%Forumotion Admin Panel/account Security Right11 67% 
[ 10 ]
Forumotion Admin Panel/account Security Left1133%Forumotion Admin Panel/account Security Right11 33% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Forumotion Admin Panel/account Security Empty Forumotion Admin Panel/account Security

Post by MrMario Sun Nov 30 2008, 08:42

If there was someone trying to get in your account and Admin Panel and they failed to answer your Secret Question (3 times) The Account and Admin Panel Lock's done and sends a email to your email saying someone has attempted to get in your account and failed to answer your Questions therefore your account is locked till an Forumotions staff member looks at your account and makes sure your account is safe. Then we will give you a restart code.

What you think?
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Forumotion Admin Panel/account Security Empty Re: Forumotion Admin Panel/account Security

Post by Sanket Sun Nov 30 2008, 08:48

Its a good idea, a system being used by most of the online banking companies. I vote yes.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Forumotion Admin Panel/account Security Empty Re: Forumotion Admin Panel/account Security

Post by MrMario Sun Nov 30 2008, 08:50

Facebook uses this and I think it is good. I had a problem with my account and they locked me out and made me restart my password and blocked the password they think someone was using.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30 2008, 08:52

I guess it could do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Sun Nov 30 2008, 08:53

MrMario wrote:Facebook uses this and I think it is good. I had a problem with my account and they locked me out and made me restart my password and blocked the password they think someone was using.
Oh, i have not yet had to face this while using facebook. But, sometimes its annoying that you get locked. Though, Its better to be preventive rather than let someone use your account.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Sun Nov 30 2008, 08:56

O ya. Better to be safe then sorry. Even when your information is on it and its out with someone that you don't know. Know you better move.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 Sun Nov 30 2008, 08:59

Yea, i thinkKnow this is 2nd best idea that iv seen in the time that iv been here!

As people say, better safe than sorry..and considering banks and face-book use it, why cant we?
We know its safe, reliable and good..why not use it?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Sun Nov 30 2008, 21:57

Anybody Else?
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Carryn Mon Dec 01 2008, 03:00

hmm...only thing i wouldn't like is having to wait until someone at forumotion got on it, i would be locked out of my forum . mwii
Carryn
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1399
Language : none.

Back to top Go down

Post by nimiel Mon Dec 01 2008, 03:37

well if someone did do that i would only want a warning sent to my email address and not to lock my forum O.o I probably suggest that the IP would be ban from the forum and it would be sent to the admin's email address. O.o
nimiel
Forumember

Male Posts : 519
Language : english

http://www.funstuff.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 Mon Dec 01 2008, 07:26

Psi-chotic! wrote:hmm...only thing i wouldn't like is having to wait until someone at forumotion got on it, i would be locked out of my forum . mwii

hmm...maybe they could only lock the admin panel. Lol
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Mon Dec 01 2008, 18:54

As what darren1 said only locks the Admin Panel out and sends an email to forumotion saying forum are risk or something like that. Then you will get an email saying please re- login and make a new password. Once you done that the password that you use before cant be used anymore. Will be Disabled to prevent this action again.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 Tue Dec 02 2008, 07:23

MrMario wrote:As what darren1 said only locks the Admin Panel out and sends an email to forumotion saying forum are risk or something like that. Then you will get an email saying please re- login and make a new password. Once you done that the password that you use before cant be used anymore. Will be Disabled to prevent this action again.

:wouhou: Maybe, the email letting u know that that has happened could happen over 2 emails.
One for letting you know and how to re-enable the admin panel.
and another with a verification link and verification code/image that you have to put in when u go to re-enable the admin account.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini Tue Dec 02 2008, 17:07

I voted yes. It seems like an reasonable/good idea that could increase security.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Tue Dec 02 2008, 18:22

Thanks Guys, This would help and make sure that your admin Panel and forum are safe. Now a days you need more Sercurity for stuff. People all ways find new way to get in.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonspike Tue Dec 02 2008, 21:05

Demonspike
Demonspike
Forumember

Male Posts : 458

http://darkrealms.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy Tue Apr 02 2013, 06:07

Forumotion Admin Panel/account Security Permis10 Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented & Rejected suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: https://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
https://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged

Forumotion Admin Panel/account Security Modera10Jophy
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down