The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Allow members to post in other members promotion...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should members be alowed to post in other peoples forum promotions?

33% 33% 
[ 5 ]
67% 67% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 15

Allow members to post in other members promotion...

Post by ~Chris on December 9th 2008, 7:06 am

Hello, today something occurred to me.

I've noticed that this forum doesn't let other members post in peoples forum promotion. In all honesty to me this isn't one of the greatest rules ever.

I'm here to suggest that members should be allowed to. I don't see any harm in members giving advise, criticism, or even compliments in other members' forum promotion.

So place your vote. Smile

~Chris
Forumember

Male Posts : 722
Language : English, some italian.

Back to top Go down

Re: Allow members to post in other members promotion...

Post by WickedSoul on December 9th 2008, 8:25 am

I think it's okay if that person wants criticism and/or advice...

But there are some people that don't want that. They just want to be able to promote their forum without any comments from others.

I voted no for now.

WickedSoul
Forumember

Female Posts : 163
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by astrodene on December 9th 2008, 10:47 am

It has been suggested that a forum is created where you can ask for your forum to be reviewed.

If people were constructive in their comments it may be OK to allow members to post in the promotional thread, but when people do (against the rules) you tend to see one word answers like 'cool'. This would give the staff a lot of work to do moderating them so I vote No

astrodene
Forumember

Male Posts : 181

http://historicnavalfiction.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa on December 9th 2008, 10:54 am

I vote no for this Hotdogs, because suprisingly, most members do not want their presentations littered with random posts like " Cool Site" or "I may sign up" and quite often staff gets requests to remove such posts anyway. In General, the presentations are souly for them to share updates about their forums, period. Not a discussion topic, every member here has a PM button for these reasons as well. Smile

Besides, I do not believe it is to hard really to read and respect these rules , as you would on any other forum, for the sake of the Topic starters, Staff, and repeat offenders who do and will recieve warnings for doing so.

So I vote No. I say we keep this rule. Wink

Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini on December 9th 2008, 5:22 pm

I voted no. It could be a good idea, if members would post something constructive, for example myself - i would love to hear other people`s opinions about my site. However, people usually wont do that and will just post some random crap that you dont want to see in your precious topic.

WickedSoul, astrodene & Nessa explained everything else that had to be explained.

Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on December 9th 2008, 5:41 pm

@Nessa wrote:I vote no for this Hotdogs, because suprisingly, most members do not want their presentations littered with random posts like " Cool Site" or "I may sign up" and quite often staff gets requests to remove such posts anyway. In General, the presentations are souly for them to share updates about their forums, period. Not a discussion topic, every member here has a PM button for these reasons as well. Smile

Besides, I do not believe it is to hard really to read and respect these rules , as you would on any other forum, for the sake of the Topic starters, Staff, and repeat offenders who do and will recieve warnings for doing so.

Im with Nessa on this. I wouldnt like people posting in mine. They could just go cheak it out and say why they joined and tell other members on your forum. But if you made a promotion then you can make the calls for your self.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom on December 11th 2008, 5:57 pm

@Nessa wrote:I vote no for this Hotdogs, because suprisingly, most members do not want their presentations littered with random posts like " Cool Site" or "I may sign up" and quite often staff gets requests to remove such posts anyway. In General, the presentations are souly for them to share updates about their forums, period. Not a discussion topic, every member here has a PM button for these reasons as well. Smile

DITO

Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Female Posts : 996

http://cherrydesigns.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by fireflare77 on December 17th 2008, 7:29 pm

I think that this idea would be practical only if those who made the topic could remove unwanted posts themselves made by other members. Then again, as astrodene brought up:

It has been suggested that a forum is created where you can ask for your forum to be reviewed.

And I think that that might be something closer to what you're thinking of. I personaly think that it would be a better idea to have a seperate forum for this, so I voted no.

fireflare77
Forumember

Male Posts : 161
Language : Cockne, English

http://www.blogzone3.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum