The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Founder Change

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Read post, easy to mistake it for something else.

88% 88% 
[ 43 ]
12% 12% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 49

Founder Change

Post by icehawk on February 18th 2009, 1:36 am

Some founders want to quit, and the site can no longer keep track of donations, or renew domain names... so, why cant a founder appoint a new founder, and step down. Or even, multiple admins with "Founder" Positions

icehawk

Language : PHP, HTML, Javascript, C++, XML, XHTML, DHTML, RSS, SPYRA, LUA, SQL, CSS, WML, SOAP, RDF

Back to top Go down

Re: Founder Change

Post by Doctor Inferno on February 18th 2009, 9:07 am

Easy to be done. Useful. Why not? Voted yes.

Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Chris on February 18th 2009, 9:15 am

I don't see why not...

=> Voted yes! Smile

~Chris
Forumember

Male Posts : 722
Language : English, some italian.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on February 18th 2009, 10:32 am

Ok, you have my vote Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ParadiseKid on February 18th 2009, 10:40 am

If the founder leaves the forum, s/he can allocate the founding account to a trusted member of the forum. But first change the email address and the password to the account for extra personal security.

ParadiseKid
Forumember

Male Posts : 284
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Acid on February 18th 2009, 10:53 am

Nice idea.
I voted yes.

Acid
Forumember

Male Posts : 130

http://www.acidpulse.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by venusrose on February 20th 2009, 3:49 am

I can add to your reason (more personal and may relate to many others) to transfer a founder account over is because..."quoting myself from a forum"...

I will have nothing to do with this account anymore. The name to this account may become "Founder" or something else so I think I should delete all my previous messages, but I'm unsure so I'm figuring out what to do with that. And if I do, this "letter" will be here for only a short amount of time.

I hope everything turns out well when I am not part of the staff anymore in which I will just be a regular, dueling member.

Yes, the message means I want to be a regular member but of course I cannot do so with above 200 posts and with the founder account.

In many ways, I have written many posts, so some people may get confused by "who is saying what, who has written which messages, and the such". The reason is someone else will/may be using the founding account if I just give the password over, it will get confusing from there. Many people will remember the original owner and the posts he or she made, and then someone else suddenly posts using that account. There's too much information to delete if "privacy" is part of it. I'm unsure if everyone understands this reason why someone would transfer a founding account over. I can understand that "mistakes" can be made due to this function in which the forumotion staff may not want to implement it.

And one of the mistakes is "changing their mind, making a mistake to make someone the new founder when it can "ruin a forum" and more. I vote yes anyway because I've been reading the old subjects of this before but I doubt it will happen in any case.

venusrose
Forumember

Female Posts : 47
Language : english

http://harvestdreams.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderboyx on February 20th 2009, 3:59 am

I voted yes

thunderboyx
Forumember

Male Posts : 281

http://e-t-b.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Moldienut on February 20th 2009, 2:34 pm

I totally agree because these things are common nowadays. So many founders disappear for a long time that it would be worthy of them to switch founders.

Moldienut
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by :)tayne:) on February 20th 2009, 5:19 pm

good idea > voted yes!

:)tayne:)
Forumember

Male Posts : 794

http://www.gamesarcade.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini on February 20th 2009, 5:47 pm

Sure that would be useful. I have seen some topics on Forumotion referring to the problem of Founder leaving and others being unable to do anything.

Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFADMIN on February 21st 2009, 3:59 am

@Tarogasini wrote:Sure that would be useful. I have seen some topics on Forumotion referring to the problem of Founder leaving and others being unable to do anything.
i agree i wound not mind letting some one have my forum my problem is i have to go to school or work and don,t have time to work on my forum people ask why would i make forum? to let my ideas run wild but i will have more time in march so will be better by then i would love to find a member who is trust worthy but i am scared of people who abuse their powers. i would still want to get on my forum to post. even if i am not a founder/admin i chose yes thinking it is a great idea.

TAFADMIN

Female Posts : 15
Language : english and some french

http://thechristyneforums.darkbb.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on February 21st 2009, 2:33 pm

@ParadiseKid wrote:If the founder leaves the forum, s/he can allocate the founding account to a trusted member of the forum. But first change the email address and the password to the account for extra personal security.

and what if the founder refuses to do that???

http://help.forumotion.com/administration-panel-problems-f44/problem-t37006.htm

I voted yes, that's exactly what I need...

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMega on February 21st 2009, 3:47 pm

@ParadiseKid wrote:If the founder leaves the forum, s/he can allocate the founding account to a trusted member of the forum. But first change the email address and the password to the account for extra personal security.

My point exactly. I didn't vote. You ALREADY have that option of making a new founder. When you delete your forum, you are given an email saying to give the forum to someone else of delete it permanently. The multiple founder thing that was stated in the first post is kind of weird because then if they are not trusted, they can delete the forum or demote the othher founders xD

MrMega
Forumember

Male Posts : 981
Language : English, Polish, HTML, BBCode

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on February 21st 2009, 4:49 pm

Konrada wrote:

My point exactly. I didn't vote. You ALREADY have that option of making a new founder. When you delete your forum, you are given an email saying to give the forum to someone else of delete it permanently. The multiple founder thing that was stated in the first post is kind of weird because then if they are not trusted, they can delete the forum or demote the othher founders xD

But in my case, I have a huge problem, the guy who created the forum changed his mind and said: "I don't wanna be part of this forum, I'm leaving." First of all, I didn't ask him to create it, I would have done it myself, but he was quicker, and now I am addicted to him because he is the founder... I asked him to to give me his account, but he is a paranoid emo idiot and thinks that I can get into his computer if he does this, and he still refuses... And now I'm afraid that he could probably go crazy and harm or delete the forum, in which I already spent too much work... you understand???

Back to top Go down

Post by venusrose on February 27th 2009, 8:45 am

Konrada wrote:

You ALREADY have that option of making a new founder. When you delete your forum, you are given an email saying to give the forum to someone else of delete it permanently.

So when I read this message, I am assuming I can choose "delete my forum" and then an email is sent to my email address in which the forum is NOT YET deleted. It will ask me if I want to transfer the account over to another person as in, "my founding account", or just the "founding rank?" I just want to confirm it so I don't do anything bad. XD

venusrose
Forumember

Female Posts : 47
Language : english

http://harvestdreams.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ParadiseKid on February 27th 2009, 10:16 am

Cinnamon wrote:But in my case, I have a huge problem, the guy who created the forum changed his mind and said: "I don't wanna be part of this forum, I'm leaving." First of all, I didn't ask him to create it, I would have done it myself, but he was quicker, and now I am addicted to him because he is the founder... I asked him to to give me his account, but he is a paranoid emo idiot and thinks that I can get into his computer if he does this, and he still refuses... And now I'm afraid that he could probably go crazy and harm or delete the forum, in which I already spent too much work... you understand???
Firstly, I don't appreciate the fact that you are calling the founder a "paranoid emo idiot". Have some respect for people regardless of who they are.

Secondly, he has every right to be paranoid. The internet can be a fun place and a harmful place. Along with that, he has the right to delete his forum if he wishes. He is not obliged to keep the forum at all.

ParadiseKid
Forumember

Male Posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on February 27th 2009, 2:05 pm

yes, that's what he did, he deleted everything, made a group "bitches of the forum" put me and some other girls in it, wrote the title: "hahaha, I deleted everything", opened a topic where he insulted everybody.... Yes, I should have respect for this person... I did my work well, and made a great forum, and he is a lunatic and destroyed everything...

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacific on February 27th 2009, 2:14 pm

It's a very good idea *votes yes*

Pacific
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1736
Language : Greek, English, French
Location : Exams finished... going to do as much reviews as I can

Back to top Go down

Post by icehawk on March 2nd 2009, 11:56 pm

If they just give the password, the new founder will have all of the posts of the old one

icehawk

Language : PHP, HTML, Javascript, C++, XML, XHTML, DHTML, RSS, SPYRA, LUA, SQL, CSS, WML, SOAP, RDF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on March 4th 2009, 8:38 pm

@icehawk wrote:If they just give the password, the new founder will have all of the posts of the old one
good point

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathSoul on March 5th 2009, 5:17 am

good idea voted yes

DeathSoul
Forumember

Male Posts : 369
Language : ENGLISH

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamlimix on March 5th 2009, 5:47 am

voted yes! good idea!

Dreamlimix
Forumember

Male Posts : 761
Language : Cheese

http://www.sparkchat.net

Back to top Go down

Post by riku123 on March 5th 2009, 7:10 am

i vote yes

riku123

Language : some english but mostly spanish

http://theeverythingforum.niceboard.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on March 7th 2009, 7:36 am

I like this idea.
=>yes!

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by degla on March 7th 2009, 7:47 am

Voted yes =D:D

degla

Male Posts : 16
Language : Serbian

Back to top Go down

Post by Steweh on March 7th 2009, 7:59 am

For sure.

Steweh
Forumember

Male Posts : 92

http://www.kingpair.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shine on March 11th 2009, 11:48 am

I love your idea

Shine

Male Posts : 21
Language : Vietnamese

http://tdxe.forum3.info

Back to top Go down

Post by susie-soapland on March 11th 2009, 11:54 am

voted yes.

susie-soapland
Forumember

Female Posts : 41
Language : Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Shine on March 14th 2009, 3:55 am

My forum's founder is going to quit and he decide not to share his password to anyone
I need it to improve my forum,pls,change the founder :wouhou:

Shine

Male Posts : 21
Language : Vietnamese

http://tdxe.forum3.info

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum