The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

what is the best way to gain members

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

what is the best way to gain members

Post by jb_2999 on March 28th 2009, 7:38 am

First topic message reminder :

can you tell me how to gain members?

jb_2999
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Re: what is the best way to gain members

Post by Lyras on April 30th 2011, 7:22 pm

I did do it with all this kind of tool,advertising forums also.It's for this reason that i've asked if the others solutions could exist but all the solutions you've already talked about to.When you think about it maybe no one because there is not the miracle.However you can still look for. blackeye

Lyras

Language : french

http://bonjovifans.mesfans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyras on April 30th 2011, 7:36 pm

@jb_2999 wrote:can you tell me how to gain members?
I would like to know also.I think some have already try all initiative in general and even what some here have posted as suggestion so not much change.Go to topix,select a forum that could have a similar topic with your forum as theme and start a topic so that the members there know it and go to see your forum,register as member in order to be a active user.I did do it for my forum,some did register but some didn't never participate and others members not much.You can try.Will see.Maybe that somebody have told already,allow the guests to access to your forum.Post yourself as guest can sometimes draw people's attention to.

Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by mgt98 on May 1st 2011, 7:57 am

My forum has tried FaceBook, Twitter, Omegle (Razz), advertising forums and adding the link in our signatures.

mgt98
Forumember

Male Posts : 344
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem on May 1st 2011, 11:24 am

I'd go for the basics rahter then the details:
Members will come to a good forum, not just any random forum from Joe Blog. If you want members to come, first you need to know why they'll come. "Yeah, it's a great place to be with great members and a great atmosphere" doesn't cut it - anyone can do and say that. Make your forum personal, unique, special. Make sure it doesn't look like the other forum next door. Because if your forum isn't special, then you won't be grabbing anyone because they'll be elsewhere

Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Advert

Post by noobkoer on May 1st 2011, 6:16 pm

Obviously Advertise, On other Sites.... XD lol!

Edit Caihlem: Noob >.>

noobkoer

Language : Ocala, Florida

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyras on May 3rd 2011, 2:57 pm

I have been the last saturady on a forum of advertiser and i did promote my forum there.This forum promise you to gain the members.I don't know if it was a coincidence but the day tomorrow a new member did register and a second yesterday.The one problem is they are not the active users so there is not change and especially if the both registered did do it just to my forum gain two new members.If you want to just get this result go to: Link Removed

Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 10th 2011, 6:42 am

This is what i do:

~Do partnerships with other sites
~keep contests on my site so i can get more active users
~Advertise on others sites with ADMINS PERMISSION
~Ask my facebook friends to join
~create videos on youtube and add a link to my site so people can join
~if and sites members spamming my site then i spam their site and advertise through pms

Back to top Go down

Post by Beno on May 10th 2011, 4:57 pm

Lyras, please do not post your link in the forum as it is considered as spamming and isn't accepted Very Happy

Beno
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3024

http://www.benwhitedesign.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyras on May 28th 2011, 11:44 am

@Beno wrote:Lyras, please do not post your link in the forum as it is considered as spamming and isn't accepted Very Happy
I'm terribly sorry.I've seen in this topic a link posted by someone and i did think i could post one too.I will not do it.

Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyras on May 28th 2011, 11:52 am

When you think about it all what you can do in order to promote your forum i think it's a waste of time finally when you notice the final result.My last initiative was to promote the mine on facebook by making a application but nothing as good result except somebody who has posted a message on the wall.I went to the advertiser forums and the result is the same.I think it's rare when you gain the new members thanks to all.At least i did gain three new members but still the inactive users.Nothing changed but at least i've tried many initiatives.No regret.

Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Myshyk on June 16th 2011, 8:31 am

Please write me on skype maira.lucky I want to talk in English Smile

Myshyk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on June 16th 2011, 8:46 am

@Myshyk wrote:Please write me on skype maira.lucky I want to talk in English Smile
Myshyk ~ Please stay on topic/don't go off topic as your post may be considered as spam.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Myshyk on June 16th 2011, 9:03 am

yes sure I am teribly sorry))) Smile

Myshyk

Back to top Go down

Post by cassini on June 26th 2011, 3:02 pm

Have to say that since enhancing the forum on the traffic for google & bing.
With sig links to my forum on other forums our membership numbers have gone up from 20 to over 100 in past 6 weeks.
Advertising with a sig link seems to be a better way to increase members Smile

cassini
Forumember

Language : english

http://cassinicaps.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Russel on June 26th 2011, 4:44 pm

Hello,

The best way to gain members is to get their main interest and that is you should find it yourself what is your main idea why did you build your forum.

Russel
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1400
Language : English, Filipino

http://help.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by MotorCookie on August 27th 2011, 12:43 am

advertise on whatever. Other forums, youtube, tell friends or random people, facebook, Reddit etc. I just made my forum last week and I already have 22 members and about 5 visitors daily.

MotorCookie
Forumember

Male Posts : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by f4rdiyan on August 27th 2011, 12:54 am

make affiliate with other forum~

f4rdiyan
Forumember

Male Posts : 226
Language : Indonesia

http://forum.nsif.org/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahmedvirus on August 27th 2011, 3:45 am

add New topics and useful continuously

Ahmedvirus
Forumember

Male Posts : 321

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ioncube on August 27th 2011, 4:29 pm

best way facebook advertise

ioncube
Forumember

Male Posts : 279
Language : eng

http://defencedog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

How to gain more members?

Post by xtremefatloss on September 2nd 2011, 7:41 am

Just full fill the requirement of users who visit your blog. Like choose some specific topic to your forum and then describe them in details so user found some interesting there and want to connected with that.

xtremefatloss

Male Posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by w8in4dave on September 2nd 2011, 4:53 pm

I made my forum to meet new friends, have fun, and other stuff ... I don't want to post it on facebook, because I want new people Very Happy How do you go about advertising on Google?

w8in4dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Empire_1 on September 18th 2011, 6:48 am

Always try Facebook. Create a page and post your site's link in your news feed.

And you could always rent that big billboard out on the highway... Razz

Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by Asho on September 18th 2011, 2:58 pm

Thanks for this help guys. another way is to do this
Link Removed
Plz Sign up

Asho

http://dockerworld.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Some Ways To Gain New Members

Post by best6 on September 25th 2011, 1:57 am

Here are some things I have done to gain some new members.

Promote your forum via facebook by making a fan page for your forum. I make posts on my facebook fan page of what updates I am doing on the forum. You can do the same thing on twitter, friendfeed and blogs ect...

Also I have now added the facebook like box to my forum so non member can like my facebook fan page from my forum and if thy don't join thy can still see what updates we are doing and thy may join if a topic come up what thy like.

Add a forum banner to your website with a link going back to your forum.

Note that my forum is only new so I don't have a massive forum with a tone of members.

best6
Forumember

Male Posts : 30

http://martialarts.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shaqtastic on September 25th 2011, 9:02 pm

a lot of good suggestions here
thanks ill be using a lot of them

shaqtastic

Back to top Go down

Post by best6 on September 26th 2011, 9:25 am

I now have 9 member its not a lot but the forum has only been running for like 2-3 weeks, I think there coming from facebook & Twitter.

best6
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc on September 26th 2011, 6:57 pm

@best6 wrote:I now have 9 member its not a lot but the forum has only been running for like 2-3 weeks, I think there coming from facebook & Twitter.
What? 9 members... You're wasting your time using FB and Twitter then..

I checked out your forum and it's a martial arts forum, correct?

Depending on your age, you should do either :

1. Start a martial arts training club or whatever.. Teach people and tell them about your forum to discuss whatever in their free time and to communicate on the next class dates, things you guys will be doing, blah blah. Stuff like that. Brainstorm, think what they want to do at your forum, instead of thinking that people will come once a new forum pops up on the Internet.

2. If you're not old enough to start something like that, maybe join one. Communicate with others, make some friends, ask them to join your martial arts forum to discuss whatever. Make it fun for them so that they'll visit. Write up some tricks, tutorials, tips for martial arts so that they'll learn more and improve their martial arts hobby. Talk with the trainer and ask him to put up a flyer advertisement in his training area.

Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by dotdotdot on September 26th 2011, 7:34 pm

The obvious things are to make sure your forum has a name that will show up in search engines and be clear what the site is about. For example "mybrilliantforum" isn't going to get you anywhere because it could be about anything and who's going to waste their time clicking to find out? Whereas "allaboutmartialarts" would appeal to anyone looking for martial arts sites.

Next, make sure your site description uses all the words that you think people interested in your site would use when searching the internet for sites.

Promote yourself. You guys are all saying 'advertise' but that's the wrong word. It's only called advertising if you're paying money. Ifyou're not paying money it's promotion and you do that by getting yourself involved in similar sites. Get the admin's permission before you do so though because it's rude to just put links to your site on someone else'sin order to 'steal' their users.

Be creative with where you promote yourself. Going back to the martial arts example, go and speak to whatever martial arts clubs or classes there are in your area and ask them to do a deal: if they will promote your site to their members you'll carry free advertising on your site for them. Honor that agreement.

Where else could people interested in martial arts be found - both online and in the real world? Movie websites? Gyms? Nutrition sites? Video rental stores? Go and pay a visit.

Facebook and twitter work well, but only if you have something interesting to say, you say it daily and you interact with your followers. As with your forum you need to make sure you're using the right name, description and site terms to ensure people looking for your twitter or facebook can find you.

And of course make sure you're registered with the search engines.

All of the above is free but hard work.

Finally, and most importantly, getting people to your forum isn't the hardest thing: keeping them is. If it's boring or generic they may visit but they won't come back. You need to keep your forum updated and lively with new threads, articles, stories, discussion, polls, pictures, videos etc every single day.

The thing you need to remember most of all before starting this is to decide whether what you're offering is something unique or different. If you're not, don't bother. There's no point creating a forum when there's already many others the same unless you really have a different take on the subject. If people are passionate about a subject they will join and participate on two or three forums about the same subject, but not more than that.

dotdotdot
Forumember

http://www.clooneysopenhouse.com

Back to top Go down

Post by best6 on September 28th 2011, 7:42 am

Hello the forum I own covers a whole range of Martial Arts topics that I have not seen on other forum like: Sambo, Pankration, Glima, I don't know why my signature on here is not working but i am a member of Martial Arts Organizations here in Australia and I had told some member of these organizations about my forum some have joined others haven't, I think the main thing is what dotdotdot said make a correct header, content description ect... I also run a martial arts supplies bussiness so I have started to tell some of my customers about my forum, I have also been thinking of adding a banner to my MA supplies website but not sure if I should. Update 11 members I know its not much but I will get there I am going to rely mostly on ranking in google, MSN and Yahoo search engines for people to find my forum.

best6
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by awesome lol on September 28th 2011, 3:45 pm

Hello Can U Tell Me Anyway To Make Latest Topics Bar At My Forum ?

Thanks

awesome lol

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum