The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

VIP Membership (Subscriptions To Some Categlories) [OPTIONAL]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you think that we should have the option of having the people on our forum pay for access to certain categlories? [PLEASE READ BELOW]

73% 73% 
[ 11 ]
27% 27% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 15

VIP Membership (Subscriptions To Some Categlories) [OPTIONAL]

Post by 13gentj on April 11th 2009, 2:53 am

Hey guys,

I have an idea for our forums that might be able to put some money in our pockets. I havn't thought everything out yet, but i really think that this could potentially be the best update we've had yet.

I think that we should be able to have certain people who can access certain categlories that the administrator can make, "VIP only". This would mean that a person registered on your forum has to pay for access to that categlory or subject. We could have it be optional for the people on your forum to pay for 1 month access, or a year access. This would use PayPal or some other reliable paying service.

This is bacically the whole reason I made my forum. To make money. If we do not get this I might have to switch over to vBulletin or some other provider that does have this option.

Remember that this WOULD BE OPTIONAL. I do respect your opinion and want to know what you think. I really do think that this is a good idea. You may not think that. Please do not vote no just because I really like this idea. Please vote Yes or No and explain to me why you voted that way. Remember that I do respect your opinion and want to know what you think.

Thanks for reading to what I have to say,
13gentj

13gentj
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: VIP Membership (Subscriptions To Some Categlories) [OPTIONAL]

Post by Nazar on April 11th 2009, 3:20 am

You can already do this

Just inform your members that they have to donate to access certain categories

Nazar
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1315
Language : Nazorian

Back to top Go down

Post by 13gentj on April 12th 2009, 3:07 am

then how do I set up paypal and stuff?

13gentj
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by jacobred on April 12th 2009, 5:50 pm

@13gentj wrote:Hey guys,

I have an idea for our forums that might be able to put some money in our pockets. I havn't thought everything out yet, but i really think that this could potentially be the best update we've had yet.

I think that we should be able to have certain people who can access certain categlories that the administrator can make, "VIP only". This would mean that a person registered on your forum has to pay for access to that categlory or subject. We could have it be optional for the people on your forum to pay for 1 month access, or a year access. This would use PayPal or some other reliable paying service.

This is bacically the whole reason I made my forum. To make money. If we do not get this I might have to switch over to vBulletin or some other provider that does have this option.

Remember that this WOULD BE OPTIONAL. I do respect your opinion and want to know what you think. I really do think that this is a good idea. You may not think that. Please do not vote no just because I really like this idea. Please vote Yes or No and explain to me why you voted that way. Remember that I do respect your opinion and want to know what you think.

Thanks for reading to what I have to say,
13gentj

So what your saying is

Arrow Forumotion give you a forum free of charge and they make little money from ads. your being like a little kid saying
but if you had the money in the first place for a vBulletin license why open a free forum???

Bad idea, you can make money by putting adverts on your forum which is allowed Very Happy

jacobred
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by 13gentj on April 12th 2009, 9:02 pm

lol u clearly do not understand how a business works. ok so when you start a business you have a little money that you spend. I would spend my money on a vbulletin membership. But it would be a better deal to do this because I do not have to pay anything for this. Then you make more money. that is called a profit. Now you are well educated on the world of business and can stop calling people "little kids" and learn "big kid words" to call people. lol

13gentj
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by jacobred on April 13th 2009, 12:45 pm

@13gentj wrote:lol u clearly do not understand how a business works. ok so when you start a business you have a little money that you spend. I would spend my money on a vbulletin membership. But it would be a better deal to do this because I do not have to pay anything for this. Then you make more money. that is called a profit. Now you are well educated on the world of business and can stop calling people "little kids" and learn "big kid words" to call people. lol

But you said in other post ''I might just have to switch over to vBulletin'', You go do that, in my eyes thats you saying you have the money to switch over to vBulletin therefore stop wasting our time and buy your license at vBulletin Sad

vBulletin is a good forum and I once had a license but I found I was better suited with a free forum at Forumotion because it find it alot easier to change my forums colors and themes and the updates are express if not easy to install.

Have fun at Jelsoft Smile

Regards

Last edited by jacobred on April 13th 2009, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)

jacobred
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by jacobred on April 13th 2009, 12:48 pm

@Nazar wrote:You can already do this

That woudnt be automatic, meaning you Using php in posts is called being a smart ass... Stop it would have to see the payment and find there email in the admin panel and then give them V.I.P

Would take too long for one person Cool

jacobred
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by 13gentj on April 15th 2009, 10:51 pm

How do I do this?

13gentj
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by 13gentj on April 19th 2009, 6:21 pm

@Nazar wrote:You can already do this

So can I get paypal on my site on my own?

13gentj
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MAHAM on May 18th 2009, 10:38 am

I like the idea. Ive made a few ebooks for a video game and an interactive forum with pay for memebership would be a great idea.

MAHAM

Male Posts : 22

http://coltsuniverse.forumotion.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by MAHAM on May 18th 2009, 10:56 am

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Merchant/xclick/request/SubscriptionPassManual

[/quote]After a customer signs up for a subscription, he will be given a unique username and password on the PayPal Successful Completion page. You will then activate the username/password pair on your website's server through code you write or, if you are using Basic Authentication (with an Apache Web server on Linux), through a sample Perl script we provide.[quote]

Any way to do this through foromotion?

MAHAM

Male Posts : 22

http://coltsuniverse.forumotion.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by TigTrivers on May 18th 2009, 12:13 pm

Its a yes from me good idea

TigTrivers
Forumember

Male Posts : 177

http://www.creativeforums.crazy4us.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 13gentj on May 25th 2009, 2:28 am

thank you

13gentj
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by hufschmid on January 31st 2010, 6:08 pm

in the guitar world, the forums propose paid membership and you get a tagg above your name as ''contributor 1'' or ''contributor 2'' depending on the level you pay...

In some guitar forums you also get the tagg ''life time supporter''

For my forum this would be very much appreciated indeed to set up something like this, because in guitar forums many members enjoy to contribute to show support and also some members think its a VIP way of being cool...

So it brings money and makes members happy...

Please consider this Smile

hufschmid

Male Posts : 12

http://www.extendedrangeguitars.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on April 17th 2013, 2:57 pm

Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Suggestions which are already possible
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: http://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
http://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged

Jophy

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum