The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would you like to see this?

70% 70% 
[ 7 ]
30% 30% 
[ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Post by ilkzz on April 17th 2009, 9:55 pm

Read before voting

This new feature allows users to demonstrate their appreciation of forum content that they find informative, helpful, or otherwise simply pleasing - all at the click of a button!

When a user gives kudos to a message they are essentially applauding the author for his/her efforts. When a message receives lots of kudos it can become highlighted within the community, and accordingly the more kudos an author receives the further his/her community reputation is enhanced.

You will find the Kudos symbol on the right side of each post. It looks like this -

To give Kudos simply click on the star icon. You will immediately be "thanked" for your submission and the number of kudos the post has received will change to reflect this. Should you accidentally give Kudos, you can go to the Options drop-down menu in the top right-hand corner of the message and select "Revoke My Kudos from this Message".

When a post reaches the community's maximum Kudos threshold the number displayed automatically changes to this symbol - . This indicates that the thread is deemed worthy of attention throughout the community and becomes highlighted accordingly.

The total number of Kudos received is shown for each message. To see which members have Kudoed a message, click the number located in the Kudos symbol. There are a variety of Kudos leaderboards available throughout the community to help you find the top-Kudoed messages and authors. Additionally, on each member's profile page you can find Kudos information about recently received and given Kudos for that member.

One of the best ways to use Kudos is to help you find outstanding content. For example, in search results a quick scan of the Kudos column tells you which messages are most likely to be helpful. The leaderboards are another great place to look for outstanding content.

The integrity of the Kudos system relies entirely on those that give Kudos. Please remember to use that system appropriately. We will take action against those that actively seek to corrupt the system.

We plan to evaluate the use of this feature over time so that eventually we are able to deliver the best Kudos experience to you all. In the meantime we expect the use of kudos to be a fun and enjoyable way for you to interact with the community.

Dont you think this is better than the current Reputation System?

Male Posts : 209
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: Kudos

Post by Maxq333 on May 20th 2009, 12:37 pm

Great idea!
I use them forums too and I thought about this Smile

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by MPants on September 17th 2009, 6:22 pm

I think this is a great idea, and exactly what I was looking for when coming to this help forum today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas on September 18th 2009, 4:08 am

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on April 14th 2013, 8:10 am

Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Suggestions which are already possible
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section:
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:

Locked & Garbaged

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum