The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to change forum address/url (solved)

Go down

Unable to change forum address/url (solved) Empty Unable to change forum address/url (solved)

Post by Ashley_B May 16th 2007, 5:22 am

Hello,

I tried to change my forum address to 'roadtosuccess.niceboard.com' in General Admin, General Configuration and received this message: 'Actually, your forum address is : ssoac.niceboard.com'

Yes, I realize that, but I was trying to change it. Underneath that said 'Quick Update' and a button titled 'Modifier' so I attempted to change it that way, and was directed to this page:

'Information: Unable to update forum url: Click here to return to the url management'

Am I doing something wrong (the probable answer Smile ) or is this some sort of bug?
Ashley_B
Ashley_B

Female Posts : 3
Language : English

http://ssoca.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Unable to change forum address/url (solved) Empty Re: Unable to change forum address/url (solved)

Post by GeoX May 16th 2007, 5:43 am

Hello,
i've checked the new url you want to modify to and it's available to be used..but maybe you are having a technical support....but try to shorten the name..maybe the "sub domains" we are using are limited in the number of characters we are allowed to use
GeoX

Back to top Go down

Unable to change forum address/url (solved) Empty Re: Unable to change forum address/url (solved)

Post by Ashley_B May 16th 2007, 5:53 am

I didn't expect such a quick reply...thank you! I didn't realize the length might be a problem...but actually, I'm not yet certain exactly to what I want to change it. My concern was more the fact that the message stated I couldn't change it without giving a specific reason.
Ashley_B
Ashley_B

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoX May 16th 2007, 6:03 am

sure...you can make it as a shortcut..likw "rts.niceboard.com"...i know that it might be stupid...but try Smile..or "road2success" instead of TO..maybe these two litters may make a diffirence Very Happy..try
GeoX

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley_B May 16th 2007, 6:52 am

You were right. Smile It was the length that was the problem. Thank you!
Ashley_B
Ashley_B

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoX May 16th 2007, 6:59 am

you are so welcome!

if you need to use the one you like badly you can either buy points then use it to get yourself a doman name as "roadtosuccess.com", or you can buy a webspace from a webhosting company ..they will give you the domain name you want then direct to your forum using a HTML page or something..im using this trick with my forum..
GeoX

Back to top Go down