The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topic Moderation - Adding the Creator in the Equation

+2
notMicElf
Ace12
6 posters

Go down

Is this a good idea?

Topic Moderation - Adding the Creator in the Equation Left110%Topic Moderation - Adding the Creator in the Equation Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]
Topic Moderation - Adding the Creator in the Equation Left11100%Topic Moderation - Adding the Creator in the Equation Right11 100% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Topic Moderation - Adding the Creator in the Equation Empty Topic Moderation - Adding the Creator in the Equation

Post by Ace12 July 8th 2009, 4:38 am

Like the title? xD
Well, hello all, I guess this would be my second topic xd

Well it seems one of my admins had brought up a suggestion to allow the creator of a topic to moderate it. I felt it was a good idea, and thought it might be put into Forumotion. I didn't see this in my brief "Refused Suggestions" topic browsing, so I thought I should put it up here.

These are her exact words:
Grace wrote:I think members should have control over their own topics, be able to delete any posts, save us Admins the trouble of having to do so. xP

Some of you may have already read this on KC, and there will be a few problems...

1. Members can be immature, and may delete posts they don't like or ones that don't agree with them. xP

2. What's the point of reporting them then?

Solutions...

1. There would be some restrictions, like you must be in a rank to have this privilege, and if we see one sign of abuse of this power, then it will be immediately taken away from that user.

2. Members can still report posts, if the topic creator isn't on at the time, or, they can take a screen shot of misuse of power in topic moderation, and PM it to an Admin.

Well...there you have it Very Happy

Last edited by Ace on July 8th 2009, 4:44 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I'm Grammar Hitler. Sue me :D - 2nd Edit: Topic nawt post xd 3rd Edit: I'm still Grammar Hitler. ._.)
Ace12
Ace12

Language : English, traces of other languages.

http://lightduelacademy.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Topic Moderation - Adding the Creator in the Equation Empty Re: Topic Moderation - Adding the Creator in the Equation

Post by notMicElf July 8th 2009, 5:04 am

I can see members abusing this feature. They could edit somebody's comment, and not put an editing reson, then that person would get banned.
notMicElf
notMicElf
Forumember

Male Posts : 377
Language : English, HTML, CSS, Java

Back to top Go down

Topic Moderation - Adding the Creator in the Equation Empty Re: Topic Moderation - Adding the Creator in the Equation

Post by Rougewraith July 8th 2009, 5:13 am

notMicElf wrote:I can see members abusing this feature. They could edit somebody's comment, and not put an editing reson, then that person would get banned.

i agree there is too many people that would abuse the feature
Rougewraith
Rougewraith
Forumember

Language : English

http://godlingswrath.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace12 July 8th 2009, 6:23 am

Actually, I kind of forgot to mention that there would be no editing feature, only a post deletion feature. Sorry >_>
Ace12
Ace12

Language : English, traces of other languages.

http://lightduelacademy.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by notMicElf July 8th 2009, 6:36 am

Oh, well I don't see much point of it. Members could just use the little "report post" button, and ask for it to be deleted.
notMicElf
notMicElf
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Maufi July 8th 2009, 7:48 am

notMicElf wrote:I can see members abusing this feature. They could edit somebody's comment, and not put an editing reson, then that person would get banned.

Wouldn't that show up in the moderator actions though?
Maufi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by notMicElf July 8th 2009, 10:09 am

Maufi wrote:

Wouldn't that show up in the moderator actions though?

Possibly, but the fact that they techinically aren't ranked as moderators could prevent their actions from being logged.
notMicElf
notMicElf
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Walshy95 July 8th 2009, 7:01 pm

Voted no. Might be a good idea but in some way, if this feature was added then everyone would be like mods.
Walshy95
Walshy95
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1308

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 11th 2013, 4:42 pm

Topic Moderation - Adding the Creator in the Equation Permis10 Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Suggestions which are already possible
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: https://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
https://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged

Topic Moderation - Adding the Creator in the Equation Modera10Jophy
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down