The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

somehow disable flood control when editing posts

92% 92% 
[ 22 ]
8% 8% 
[ 2 ]
 
Total Votes : 24

somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by AiKirika on August 19th 2009, 4:08 pm

it should be possible to edit your own posts without the flood control takes action....

it often annoys you when you post ... notice that you made a typo... or forgot to add some little word(s)....
but it doesnt let you post a correction... without you having to wait 30 sec

so... if it is somehow possible....
it would be very nice... if forumotion could change that...
(maybe on everyone else's forums as well)

AiKirika
Forumember

Female Posts : 480
Reputation : 1
Language : english, german

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by Master Marc on August 19th 2009, 5:09 pm

This is posible,btw.

ACP=>General Tab=>Messages and Emails=>Configuration=>Messages=>Message edition duration limit for a member=>Edit it=>Save

This is also a problem for me as well.

If I uploaded a screenshot from servimg, and the picture doesn't work, I would want to quickly edit my post and re-upload a pic to add it,not wait 30 seconds...

So,I'll vote for the yes option for this suggestion.

Down with limits for post edition,lol.

Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Reputation : 46
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by KingOfSports on August 19th 2009, 5:18 pm

Voted Yes because this has happened to me too!

KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Reputation : 38
Language :
Location :

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by AiKirika on August 20th 2009, 2:02 pm

bumb

AiKirika
Forumember

Female Posts : 480
Reputation : 1
Language : english, german

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by AiKirika on August 21st 2009, 3:20 pm

right now i got this message:
Flood control is enabled on this board, please wait 45 second(s) before replying or posting.

thats even worse

AiKirika
Forumember

Female Posts : 480
Reputation : 1
Language : english, german

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by dotDavid on August 21st 2009, 4:13 pm

Thats so other users have the chance to post.

dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404
Reputation : 0
Language : English

http://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by AiKirika on August 21st 2009, 4:31 pm

ddwl...
read again the issue of this topic

its about flood control when you want to EDIT your post...
not posting a post in general

AiKirika
Forumember

Female Posts : 480
Reputation : 1
Language : english, german

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by MrMario on August 22nd 2009, 12:02 am

@AiKirika wrote:right now i got this message:
Flood control is enabled on this board, please wait 45 second(s) before replying or posting.

thats even worse

Is it that bad to wait 45 seconds to edit your post? We did this to stop the spammers from spamming and editing their post with crap on the forum. I don't know its up to Typlo or Luky if they want to do it.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Reputation : 1830
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by AiKirika on August 22nd 2009, 2:18 am

well yes... it is...
cause you might have forgotten important content...
and then have to wait...
while other users read your post.. and answer it without the content i forgot...

and if its spammers...
wouldnt they just double and triple post instead of using the edit button?

AiKirika
Forumember

Female Posts : 480
Reputation : 1
Language : english, german

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by Master Marc on August 23rd 2009, 8:37 pm

@MrMario wrote:Is it that bad to wait 45 seconds to edit your post? We did this to stop the spammers from spamming and editing their post with crap on the forum. I don't know its up to Typlo or Luky if they want to do it.
I have something to say...

Moderators have to edit the spammer's post to remove the content, and with flood control enabled, then moderators would have to wait 45 seconds to edit each post from the spammer and remove it's content, beu

While the spammer keeps posting in the forums, and if he gets banned, he can quickly create a new account to start spamming again while the moderators have to wait 45 seconds to remove the spam from each post and send it to the trash.

Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Reputation : 46
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by LH Justin on August 23rd 2009, 8:58 pm

@MrMario wrote:
@AiKirika wrote:right now i got this message:
Flood control is enabled on this board, please wait 45 second(s) before replying or posting.

thats even worse

Is it that bad to wait 45 seconds to edit your post? We did this to stop the spammers from spamming and editing their post with crap on the forum. I don't know its up to Typlo or Luky if they want to do it.
Yes, we don't want to wait almost a minute to edit one little mistake in our post.

LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686
Reputation : 121
Language : English, HTML, CSS, JavaScript
Location : United States

http://www.creative-nation.net

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by MrMario on August 23rd 2009, 9:28 pm

@Master Marc wrote:
@MrMario wrote:Is it that bad to wait 45 seconds to edit your post? We did this to stop the spammers from spamming and editing their post with crap on the forum. I don't know its up to Typlo or Luky if they want to do it.
I have something to say...

Moderators have to edit the spammer's post to remove the content, and with flood control enabled, then moderators would have to wait 45 seconds to edit each post from the spammer and remove it's content, beu

While the spammer keeps posting in the forums, and if he gets banned, he can quickly create a new account to start spamming again while the moderators have to wait 45 seconds to remove the spam from each post and send it to the trash.

Staff (Mod's & Admins) don't have to wait so that we can clean up faster and post.

@LH Justin wrote:
@MrMario wrote:
@AiKirika wrote:right now i got this message:
Flood control is enabled on this board, please wait 45 second(s) before replying or posting.

thats even worse

Is it that bad to wait 45 seconds to edit your post? We did this to stop the spammers from spamming and editing their post with crap on the forum. I don't know its up to Typlo or Luky if they want to do it.
Yes, we don't want to wait almost a minute to edit one little mistake in our post.

True I understand and I see that we can lower the limit to about 15 secs or so (from my views) which isn't bad at all since it takes around 15 secs to know that you need to fix something or whatever you are doing.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Reputation : 1830
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by AiKirika on August 24th 2009, 12:01 am

lol... often it happens while clicking the send button...
while the page starts to load i notice the mistake...


but anyway..
the original question... or task was...
if it was possible to remove the flood control only when editing posts....
and not deactivating or reduce it completely...

AiKirika
Forumember

Female Posts : 480
Reputation : 1
Language : english, german

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by AiKirika on August 30th 2009, 3:54 pm

bumb

AiKirika
Forumember

Female Posts : 480
Reputation : 1
Language : english, german

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by AiKirika on September 7th 2009, 8:39 pm

bumber

AiKirika
Forumember

Female Posts : 480
Reputation : 1
Language : english, german

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by Doctor Inferno on September 10th 2009, 9:40 am

Voted yes. This gets very annoying.

Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Reputation : 30
Language : GeekPolice
Location : Singapore

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by Jakesnake on September 10th 2009, 9:41 am

@KingOfSports wrote:Voted Yes because this has happened to me too!

curse my fast typing/reading/clicking skills

Jakesnake
New Member

Posts : 8
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by WhitePoint on September 20th 2009, 7:13 pm

voted yes i like this idea

WhitePoint
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1206
Reputation : 10
Language : Romanian, Spanish, English, Catalan and a little French
Location : Tarragona, Spain

http://www.our-time.biz/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by Darren1 on August 16th 2010, 10:15 am

Bump

Can we reduce this to I donno, atleast 40 seconds?
30 would be good as well.

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by Guest on August 16th 2010, 9:51 pm

@Darren1 wrote:Bump
30 would be good as well.
yes is a good idea Razz 30 would be good ... or 25 Razz

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by Caihlem on August 17th 2010, 12:16 pm

For 5 even I can grunt and wait Mr. Green

I'll gladly admit I'd rather not wait, but I have faith in Luky's decisions Wink

Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Reputation : 329
Language : English, French & Female
Location : You can't fly like the phenix

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by LH Justin on August 17th 2010, 11:32 pm

Oh look, I was complaining about this back when I was still a member. Razz

I really never understood the point of flood control though; it won't stop spamming, they'll just wait 30 seconds and post again. :/

LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686
Reputation : 121
Language : English, HTML, CSS, JavaScript
Location : United States

http://www.creative-nation.net

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by Warhawk360 on August 18th 2010, 1:33 am

But it's still 30 more seconds for the moderator to delete the crap out of their post or an admin to ban them.

I vote yes. There's no point on having flood control on editing.

Warhawk360
Forumember

Posts : 39
Reputation : 0
Language : English

http://newhorizons.englishboard.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by Darren1 on August 19th 2010, 9:49 am

Justin we finally agree on something cheers

Caihlem, it's not that we don't agree with Luky's decision, it's that it's really really loooooooooooooooooooong to wait to merely edit 1 post. 45 seconds is ridicules, where as 30 seconds is pretty reasonable.
Plus, look around you, were getting spammed while there is NO STAFF online to prevent and rapidly remove the spam.

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by Caihlem on August 19th 2010, 11:02 am

Maybe, but instead of spamming 60 times within a minute, creating 60 actions, a spambot can only spam.... 1 message per minute loove

Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Reputation : 329
Language : English, French & Female
Location : You can't fly like the phenix

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by LH Justin on August 19th 2010, 11:18 pm

@Caihlem wrote:Maybe, but instead of spamming 60 times within a minute, creating 60 actions, a spambot can only spam.... 1 message per minute loove
The spambots we have only seem interested in posting one post. :/

LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686
Reputation : 121
Language : English, HTML, CSS, JavaScript
Location : United States

http://www.creative-nation.net

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by Darren1 on August 20th 2010, 1:32 pm

1 minute = 60 seconds.
Current time delay = 45 Seconds = 1 post/minute
Requested Delay = 30 seconds, so;
30 second = 2 post/minute (At it's worst 4 post/2mins)

Justin, I've noticed the occurrence of the occasional bot who does more than 1 post, I've seem a few do up to 10 posts, which 4 were of a new topic, 1 post after each other.

I've also notice that these spam bots have started making their way to the FSF Evil or Very Mad

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by LH Justin on August 20th 2010, 4:24 pm

@Darren1 wrote:1 minute = 60 seconds.
Current time delay = 45 Seconds = 1 post/minute
Requested Delay = 30 seconds, so;
30 second = 2 post/minute (At it's worst 4 post/2mins)

Justin, I've noticed the occurrence of the occasional bot who does more than 1 post, I've seem a few do up to 10 posts, which 4 were of a new topic, 1 post after each other.

I've also notice that these spam bots have started making their way to the FSF Evil or Very Mad
Well, I don't think spambots edit their posts to correct spelling errors. Razz

LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686
Reputation : 121
Language : English, HTML, CSS, JavaScript
Location : United States

http://www.creative-nation.net

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by Darren1 on August 21st 2010, 5:48 am

They don't have the software to do so haha.

I usually edit atleast 5 of my posts per day, and 45 seconds annoys me, because I wait 40 secs and am like "God damn it "

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: somehow disable flood control when editing posts

Post by Guest on August 21st 2010, 7:17 am

@Darren1 wrote:

I usually edit atleast 5 of my posts per day, and 45 seconds annoys me, because I wait 40 secs and am like "God damn it "

Yes , this is very annoying TT

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum