The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

ForuMotion Administrator Support (FAS)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would you like to see FAS as a real feature?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
25% 25% 
[ 1 ]
75% 75% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 4

ForuMotion Administrator Support (FAS)

Post by KingOfSports on August 27th 2009, 8:15 pm

This idea still needs some work if it would ever work out, but here it is anyway.

Let's say a member has trouble with template editing or CSS. The member is trying to find something to change or edit but can't find it. They don't want to change anything because it could ruin their forum. So what do they do? The answer is simple Wink. They come here and contact someone from Administrator Support. The Support staff joins the members' forum and becomes admin. He/she makes all the necessary changes and then when everything is finished, the account is deleted so nothing else is done.

Of course, the FAS must consist of trusted members here. They must also have experience in HTML, java, coding, etc.

I'll add some more to this later, but I have to go. Hello

KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Re: ForuMotion Administrator Support (FAS)

Post by Master Marc on August 27th 2009, 8:32 pm

But our support moderators can already do this if the member is having problems doing it themselves, Wink

I think Ankillien and RoNo can handle this by themselves.

Edit :
I did not vote yet,

Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem on August 27th 2009, 9:05 pm

Sorry Marc, but staff have no powers outside the codings of this site Wink

As for me, I'd vote No because you should never ever give an Admin account to anyone, even if trusted. If you can't do it yourself, abandon it and come again later

Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMega on August 27th 2009, 9:27 pm

I voted no, because it would cause too much work. And only the founder can be given access to template editing Wink

MrMega
Forumember

Male Posts : 981
Language : English, Polish, HTML, BBCode

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas on August 27th 2009, 10:04 pm

@Caihlem wrote:
As for me, I'd vote No because you should never ever give an Admin account to anyone, even if trusted. If you can't do it yourself, abandon it and come again later

I agree with caihlem but who doesn't Question Razz

Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

http://www.rogueassassins.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky on August 28th 2009, 12:57 pm

Such a thing could never be possible because of a multitude of reasons:

As Caihlem said, you should never give your account or make someone Admin on your forum even if they appear to be trustworthy.
Also some members won't like the fact that someone logs into the admin panel of there forums and thus disrupts the privacy of there personal forums even if they are the one's asking for help.

Another problem would even be the high number of members who would ask for something like this. There would never be enough staff members to do something like this because the majority of the members would just ask for someone to log in on there forum and fix there various problems.

We also have very skilled members and staff members in coding who help other members all the time. This forum was created to offer support to all Forumotion members into developing there personal forums. I am sure that if you are very patient and search throw the tutorials and the topics other members before you have asked, you will find the answer to solving almost all of the coding problems you may encounter. If you follow all the steps to the letter, I am sure you will be able to fix such problems.

Such a thing is therefore not needed and as a result I will lock this topic now

Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum