The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manage user rights one by one (check list)

4 posters

Go down

Should we have a one-by-one rights management for users?

Manage user rights one by one (check list) Left1188%Manage user rights one by one (check list) Right11 88% 
[ 14 ]
Manage user rights one by one (check list) Left1112%Manage user rights one by one (check list) Right11 12% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

Manage user rights one by one (check list) Empty Manage user rights one by one (check list)

Post by Featherlord July 10th 2007, 10:15 pm

Hi,
I thought it would be rather handy to be able to manage a user's rights one by one, in a style like those check lists in the moderating admin.

You could thereby manage a user's rights one by one, perhaps be able to ban him from a certain forum (without using groups), or make one an admin that CAN ban users but NOT delete them, or make a moderator able to move a topic to the bin but not to delete it, et cetera.

Here is the basic idea of the check list, not containing ALL rights, of course, as that would take me ages (as it would to the techies, I know, but I think it's worth the effort):

-Normal User
-Read Y/N
- Post Y/N
- Reply Y/N
- View Forum X Y/N (here there would be every forum of the board auto-implemented)
-Moderator ( The setting in which forum the user is to be able to moderate would still be where they are now)
-Lock topics Y/N
- Delete Topics Y/N
- Move topics Y/N
- Split topics Y/N
-Admin
-Ban users Y/N
- Delete users Y/N
- Change board style Y/N

In case this is accepted, I am willing to help with the assembling of the rights list.

What do you think?
Featherlord
Featherlord
Forumember

Male Posts : 109
Language : German, Danish, English and a little Japanese

http://canaryhokum.bestdiscussion.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Manage user rights one by one (check list) Empty Re: Manage user rights one by one (check list)

Post by Guest July 11th 2007, 3:32 am

sounds good!

Back to top Go down

Manage user rights one by one (check list) Empty Re: Manage user rights one by one (check list)

Post by darwin212 July 11th 2007, 6:20 am

We already have moderators, But we don't have admins. We need admins to help protect the forum.
darwin212

Male Posts : 10
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by darwin212 July 11th 2007, 6:21 am

Oh yeah and plus, I want admins to also act like moderators.
darwin212

Male Posts : 10
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Featherlord July 11th 2007, 1:26 pm

They are able to do so...! And if you want them listed as a forum's mod, simply mod them in the forums you want them to be mods in...!
Featherlord
Featherlord
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 11th 2007, 7:55 pm

well if it was a option i cant see why not, but i wouldn't use because i nearly got 200 member i havn't got time to go throught them all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Featherlord July 12th 2007, 9:33 am

I meant it more like for moderators and admins.
I don't want anyone to be able to delete users but me eg, BUT give them the ability to ban them - which isn*t possible atm.
Featherlord
Featherlord
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by jroriginal October 5th 2011, 8:25 pm

How have we not got this yet?
jroriginal
jroriginal
Forumember

Male Posts : 108
Language : English

http://crabdom.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy December 22nd 2013, 3:59 am

Suggestion for your forums(section) clean up!
(22/12/13)

=> Garbage
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down