The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure!

+75
LAYLA BELIEVIX
bob8972
statecollegemustangs
Tropica
Rehua
MrMario
dashey
kirk
DBSK Saranghae
alffian
thames 300e
Backstage
hicheel
Jagodicans
Swos
Kabbalien
Tilum
malaysiakendo
Cornelia
Sugah Sim
Deathspawn
singerealm
Dreamlimix
nurul47
pride
4x7x
blang1
shmaya
Sanket
zerohack
mikeevster
Sweetheart1
Master Marc
Eduardo
greyeyegoddess
Ape
ibradley
ostrvo
notMicElf
Evanto
Renpatsu
Dark_Armed_Dragon
Walshy95
Milunice259
mohsin_ali
VITD
lonely_phantom
LH Justin
ImProviser
Jeorge535
shamzblueworld
WhitePoint
Jophy
Redsun
Eman and Kou
SYKO
taroo2a
Goku93
missmoon
MissTake
Kyouri
Aggie
shotta
Codyy
Jalokim
skouliki
Kryptonist
emikati
Russel
Doctor Inferno
stevenF50
wogsrus
dotDavid
Darren1
Shadow
79 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 Empty NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure!

Post by Shadow October 29th 2009, 3:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

New update : 25 functionalities!

Dear Forumotion users,

A new update has now been launched on to your forums, containing 25 brand new functionalities for your forums usage!
Tutorials will follow for functionalities that need one!

Let's start listing them :

1 - Ability to use your own Google Analytics code simply : addition of a Google Analytics field in the admin panel for the integration of Google Analytics code on all versions of forums without using templates.
General > Google Analytics

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009101149

2 - Advices on how to increase your audience on the homepage of the admin panel : new icons on the home of the admin panel.

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009101425

3 - Select the number of new members accounts per day, per IP : it limits the number of entries from the same IP number for a duration of 24 hours (24 hours, not the current day).
General > Security
Tutorial : https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/select-the-number-of-new-members-accounts-per-day-per-ip-t57363.htm

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009101455

4 - The selection of images and colors of the gallery moved every 2 respectively in the 'images management" and "colors" of the admin panel : most designers forget about the poor gallery!
Display > Pics management

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009101622

5 - New ban panel, gives you the ability to ban members based on 3 criteria : username / email / IP address and specifying in advance an unban date. On that date, the member is automatically unbanned. This panel also allows the access to a list with all the banned members with the opportunity to unban individually or mass-unban.
Users & groups > Ban control
Tutorial : https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/the-new-ban-panel-t57362.htm

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009101712

6 - New category in the admin panel "Promotion Forum" lets you invite your friends via email, social networks or through direct invitation from the forum. Also note that all SEO categories have been moved to this new category (like the choice of category in the directory or under the homepage of the new management forum + keywords).
General > Forum promotion

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009101847

Spoiler:

7 - Ability to "share" a topic : (to twitter, facebook, myspace ...)
Tutorial : https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/share-a-topic-t57365.htm

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009102200

8 - Choose the visitors page arrival : the admin can decide on which page (portal, home page or html page) the member should arrive via the url of the forum.
Display > Generalities

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009102257

9 - Level permissions for the "IP" button : the admin can give permissions to the IP button posts. These permissions can go to the admins, moderators or members.
Users & groups > Special rights

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009102400

10 - Automatic membership in a group : the ability to automatically put a member in a group by a message threshold set by the admin. it can apply to all groups except the admin group.
Users & groups > Group administration

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009102526

11 - Personalization of time in minutes after which the member is considered "offline" : the admin can configure it according to their wishes in minutes (max. 60 minutes). If the user exceeds the time set by the admin without any action on the forum, he will be considered "offline".
Users & groups > Users options

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009102712

12 - Adding links on IP addresses accessible via the positions of one member : it enables the direct verification of the IP in question.

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009102830

13 - The admin has the ability to contact a member by email via his profile : the admin now has access to that possibility even if the member disabled it. By default it is a contact form.

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009103106

14 - Set permissions for Private Messages regarding the number of posts : the admin can set an amount of posts (Max 200 ) before a user PM box is active. Until the amount of post is not reached by the member, they can't send PMs. An effective tool against trolls who register only for spam by PM ...
General > Private messages

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009103204

15 - Permissions on the display of status "online" members on the forums : the admin can now give permission for the display of this status.
Users & groups > Special rights

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009103311

16 - Ability to sort the security log in the admin panel : it will be possible to sort the actions performed in your forum by Date, Username, IP Address or action made, to better monitor what is happening on your forums.
General > Security

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009103415

17 - The possibility to customize the portal name in the navbar : now, the name you will have chosen will replace the default name "portal".
Modules > Portal management

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009103517

18 - Customize the separator message-signature : the admin now has the ability to customize message-signature separators via the admin panel. This change will be reflected in the separators messages in topics and in the personal profile.
General > Messages & emails > Configuration

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009103615

19 - Topics description : displays a description for a topic on the sub-forum home that contains it.

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009103714

Spoiler:

20 - Revival of previous messages : displays a number of posts (determined by the admin) from the previous page in the current page.

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009103923

21 - The ability to set permissions on the images and links in the topics : this option adjustable with the permissions of each sub-forum can simply hide the images and / or links in the topics sub-forum in question to groups with permission below that set by the admin without affecting the rest of the subject.
General > Categories and forums > NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 Perms
Tutorial : https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/set-permissions-on-the-images-and-links-in-the-posts-t57364.htm

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 01102009112956

22 - Automatic resizing of images in the topics : the admin now has the opportunity to define through their admin panel; maximum width and height of images that allow the topics. Any member posting an image of a size greater than the one set by the admin, will see their image automatically resized to the size set with the possibility to see real size if needed.

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009104117

23 - Possibility to limit nesting level of quotes in a single message : the admin can now specify how many times a member can include quotes from other members in a single message. This option limits the number of quotes for the same message.

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009104224

24 - The ability to disable a PM box directly by someones profile : the member wishing to stop receiving private messages from members can easily disable the inbox through his personal profile. Admins and forum moderators, however, can contact him by PM if needed.
Your Profile > Preferences

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 29092009104247

25 - A reminder 60 days before domain name expiration : to avoid an unpleasant surprise admins will be notified via a message on the admin panel indicating the approach of domain name expiration (if the forum has one) 60 days before the expiration date. This allows the founder to prepare the renewal smoothly.

Hope you'll enjoy these new functionalities!

Best,
Forumotion Team

Last edited by Typlo on December 11th 2009, 2:09 pm; edited 12 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed all of the errors ~ Tilum)
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure!

Post by ImProviser October 30th 2009, 4:26 pm

Very sweet Wink

I'd like to mention, for Invision users that have disabled CSS, they need to enable it and updates will work, and CSS changes that you have made previously will override FM one's (thats fixed too Razz)

Good Job techs
(this will keep the crows satisfied, for a while xD)
ImProviser
ImProviser
Forumember

Male Posts : 617
Language : Serbian, English, Deutsch

http://www.team-xenon.com

Back to top Go down

NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure!

Post by LH Justin October 30th 2009, 4:39 pm

Nice updates, I really liked some of them. thumleft
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by lonely_phantom October 30th 2009, 4:48 pm

I can't find viewcomments_body.tpl Please help me !
lonely_phantom

Language : Vietnamese

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno October 30th 2009, 5:01 pm

Not sure if it's a temporary problem... The signature font size is so small now.
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by VITD October 30th 2009, 5:04 pm

Thank you forumotion team, we appreciate the updates.
VITD
VITD

Female Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by mohsin_ali October 30th 2009, 5:23 pm

very great updates......................
mohsin_ali
mohsin_ali
Forumember

Male Posts : 232
Language : Urdu

Back to top Go down

Post by Milunice259 October 30th 2009, 5:53 pm

In the update number 21, can I change the sentence "[You must be registered et and logged in to see this link.]" because It 's not my language.
Milunice259
Milunice259
Forumember

Language : PHP,HTML

http://www.kien06vl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Walshy95 October 30th 2009, 6:03 pm

Awesome. Thanks staff!
Walshy95
Walshy95
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1308

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 30th 2009, 6:14 pm

Many of the updates are excellent features (in particular image resizing, quote nesting limitations, and IP address viewing restrictions), and they are extremely welcome.

But one makes me furious. Sorry in advance for the following boldfaced sentence. I need to make a point.

I DO NOT WANT THIRD-PARTY CONTENT ON MY SITE WITHOUT A WAY TO REMOVE IT!!!!

I'm talking about the Addthis button and its associated javascript file. Yes, I can remove the button through CSS, but at that point the Addthis script has already run and done its damage by querying the user's system and putting the information in a Flash LSO. I don't want anything like this on my board.

I realize that this button is an income generator for you, and it's why you added it. But PLEASE give us the ability to remove it completely, even if it means having to pay a small amount to remove it.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 30th 2009, 7:53 pm

Doctor Inferno wrote:Not sure if it's a temporary problem... The signature font size is so small now.
It's permanent. forumotion changed the DOM for signatures. On a phpBB3 board, using .signature_div instead of .signature will fix the problem.

However, forumotion completely broke signatures on Invision boards. There is currently no way to use CSS on Invision boards to format signatures. Evil or Very Mad

One hopes they see this mistake soon and fix it. How did the beta testers miss this?!?!?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark_Armed_Dragon October 30th 2009, 8:04 pm

Thanks guys you are toooo smexy your awesome thanks really thanks

but 1 question how will moderators will see their mod panel ???
Dark_Armed_Dragon
Forumember

Language : English,Arabic,Dutch,Armenaian

http://www.dadacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ImProviser October 30th 2009, 8:59 pm

guys, they've just made 25 new functionalities -_-' give them a break, you don't need new feature for at least several months (no really :S)

GJ once again
ImProviser
ImProviser
Forumember

Male Posts : 617
Language : Serbian, English, Deutsch

http://www.team-xenon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Renpatsu October 30th 2009, 9:18 pm

Thank you for the update.

One change I recognized as of today is, that the '[color]' tags aren't working in conjunction with '[url]' tags in post bodies anymore on my forum. Is this related?

I posted about this in the 'Manage the appearance of your forum' section on this support board:

https://help.forumotion.com/manage-the-appearance-of-your-forum-f45/did-the-handling-of-html-link-colors-change-t57195.htm
Renpatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Codyy October 30th 2009, 9:29 pm

I just wanted to let you know, the Share feature won't work. I clicked it and an error poped up.

"Page Loaded With Errors"
Codyy
Codyy
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1032

http://leprym.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanto October 30th 2009, 11:31 pm

Thank you Sooo much For This Updates !

i am asking Whey you Don't add Forum Topic ratting ! NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 951938
Evanto
Evanto

Language : I don't have Language

Back to top Go down

Post by notMicElf October 31st 2009, 12:06 am

Loving it! We now just need custom bbcode!
notMicElf
notMicElf
Forumember

Male Posts : 377
Language : English, HTML, CSS, Java

Back to top Go down

Post by ostrvo October 31st 2009, 12:53 am

22 - Automatic resizing of images in the topics.

Woooooooooooooow.......I wait this all my life :wouhou:

Thanks.
ostrvo
ostrvo
Forumember

Male Posts : 127

http://www.toxicfarm.toxicfarm.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ibradley October 31st 2009, 12:53 am

I am not very happy with the updates, we waited for a very ong time, and these arent really that big of updates,
oh well updates are updates Very Happy
ibradley
ibradley
Forumember

http://mytube.7forum.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 31st 2009, 12:57 am

Renpatsu wrote:One change I recognized as of today is, that the '[color]' tags aren't working in conjunction with '[url]' tags in post bodies anymore on my forum. Is this related?
TEST

Seems to work here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Renpatsu October 31st 2009, 2:14 am

Dion wrote:
Renpatsu wrote:One change I recognized as of today is, that the '[color]' tags aren't working in conjunction with '[url]' tags in post bodies anymore on my forum. Is this related?
TEST

Seems to work here!

I figured what the change is since the update:

Before the update you could have full URLs as name and color them as you wished, this won't work anymore though. To have the color overide take now, the displayed name cannot be a full URL anymore.

So to summarize:

Code:
[url=http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=136202][color=cyan]http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=136202[/color][/url

doesn't work anymore (full URL in display name), but

Code:
[url=http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=136202][color=cyan]forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=136202[/color][/url]

does (without the 'http://' here).
Renpatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape October 31st 2009, 2:41 am

1st of All i would like to say a big Thank you for the new updates :wouhou: Thanx Tech Guys you Rock

Kazukii wrote:How do you get the new moderator panel for Moderators? I can only see it in the ACP.
This is the problem its only for the admin page not the mods
I had it in my head aswell that this would be a new Moderater page that the mods could have aswell as the Admin's but i take it its not nothing to do with the mods at all
Maybe this should be some thing we could let the mods have blackeye

shotta wrote:thx for all the updates but i don't like how the Automatic membership group thing set up with how many post..i thought it will be a way we can set it with out making groups like for :: example when some one join the forum they will have to make so much post to access that area of the forum not making bunch groups..like when they click on a forum that have so much post put in place they will see a msg telling them you need 50 post b4 u can access this area this what i loooking for cos when a new member join they can access the forum i have set post count for this will cause my forum to be spamm cos then ppl will post a lot crap to get that amount of post to enter that forum ..i like all the rest of updates....

I really like the Automatic membership group part of this but it would help if we could have the ranks Automatic so they can be set to the group aswel as this is a bit of a pain in the ass,
When a member hits the number we Will not know at 1st only until the member tells us or what ever,
The admin Then has to go in and change the ranks to all of the members that have moved ranks.

I have set it so when a member hits a number of posts they get the VIP rank but i will have to spend a lot of time running in and out to change the ranks of any memeber that gets added at that time.

Is there away of the tech's Making it so the auto rank runs with the Automatic membership group ??? please fix this little problem Thanx

Once again love the rest of the updates Thanx guys Wink
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by greyeyegoddess October 31st 2009, 3:16 am

Fun stuff to try out. Thanks!
greyeyegoddess

http://mfmultiply.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Eduardo October 31st 2009, 3:32 am

Can't believe it, you guys forgot to make the point shop btw.
Eduardo
Eduardo
Forumember

Male Posts : 38
Language : English Primary, Spanish Secondary

http://extremegamer.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc October 31st 2009, 3:42 am

I have a small problem on my forum, TT

When I navigate to the "Forum Permissions Control" page of my administration panel, a google translator menu appears at the top of the window...

ACP=>General Tab=>Forum=>Categories and forums=>Forum Permissions Control Tab

My forum's link :

=> http://www.iwebbuddy.com/

I hope you guys fix this problem soon, Hello
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetheart1 October 31st 2009, 6:20 am

Thankyou....see it was worth being patient...You guys rock!!! NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 Icon_mrgreen
Sweetheart1
Sweetheart1
Forumember

Female Posts : 146

http://copyrightcorner.aforumfree.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeevster October 31st 2009, 6:41 am

Thanks guys! Just have to get my head around all of the update possibilities cheers
mikeevster
mikeevster
Forumember

Female Posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by zerohack October 31st 2009, 10:01 am

That image resize is very good update ty for that. But when we get that chat box filter system? <---it has been suggested allmost 2yrs ago Smile
zerohack
Forumember

Language : Finnish & english

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid October 31st 2009, 10:52 am

dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 31st 2009, 10:55 am

dotDavid, there will be another update coming next week with several big things, especually if you look at the template coding NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure! - Page 2 Love
Personally, I'm looking forward to some of these

So please don't be too disappointed with this one Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid October 31st 2009, 11:01 am

Next week eh? I'll be waiting. Smile
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next