The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Forum Blog Update - Allow website field when guests post

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you like my suggestion?

100% 100% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

Forum Blog Update - Allow website field when guests post

Post by Master Marc on January 1st 2010, 10:35 pm

Hello,

I would like to suggest a new feature to the blog system.

You know on other blogging websites, when someone comments on a blog, there are fields where you can post as a guest and leave a link to your website as a back link so that the webmaster of the blog can contact you.

Well, I am suggesting something similar to that for our forumotion forums when we activate the blog on our forums.

Here is a little example :

There is a comment box where guests ( if guests can post on that certain blog ) can comment on the blog.

There will be an extra field allowing the guest to add a link to his/her website so that the webmaster of the blog can contact the commenter, and also if the guest chooses to receive email notifications on new blog entries.

The link that the guest types in the field will be placed by the guest's username, so if someone clicks on the guest's username, they can visit the guest's website. ( Arrangement in the same forumotion blog order )

Also, this feature should allow the quick reply box visible to guests ( if admin allows it ) instead of the guest clicking on the 'quick reply' button.

I don't know, but the quick reply box doesn't show to guests when posting in blogs, even when I set it Via administration panel :

Administration panel => General Tab => Messages and Emails => Configuration => Messages => Allow Quick Reply => Yes => Save

The guest has to click on the 'post reply' button if they'd like to comment, beu

If you do not believe me, then visit my blog, and find the reply box : ( I allow guests to comment )

=> http://www.iwebbuddy.com/articleblogs-f43/

I don't know if it's an error or something, but it should be fixed, Wink . And, the reason why I suggested this is because that I use this blog feature on my forum, and I want guests to view the reply box while they can add in a link to their website.

I know that some people hate to see other people's links on their forum, but this suggestion will help everyone out. You can post your links on other forumotion forums that has the blog feature enabled to receive back links to your forum if an administrator enables it.

And, I know that some other members are thinking, what will happen if forum members comments on the blog. Well, this feature should only work for guests because members already have a profile field where they can enter their website's url. And, I know some other members will ask, "how to know if a guest is a member, or a member a guest?" , because the link color would be the same ( due to the extra website field for guests posting ) . Well, there is a simple answer to that, a new color that the admin chooses will be seen as the guest's link so that everyone will know the difference between a member and a guest comment.

So, what do you think of this suggestion? I know that some of you would like it while some of you would hate it.

Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Blog Update - Allow website field when guests post

Post by Master Marc on January 4th 2010, 2:12 pm

If you do not understand this suggestion, then I am suggesting something similar to this :

=> http://www.sosblog.com/en/ ( When we create a blog forum on our normal forumotion forum )

There should also be an 'email' field.

Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Blog Update - Allow website field when guests post

Post by Jophy on April 17th 2013, 6:12 am

Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Suggestions which are already possible
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: http://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
http://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged

Jophy

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum