The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-register members

4 posters

Go down

Would you like a pre-register feature?

Pre-register members Left1191%Pre-register members Right11 91% 
[ 10 ]
Pre-register members Left110%Pre-register members Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]
Pre-register members Left119%Pre-register members Right11 9% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

Pre-register members Empty Pre-register members

Post by MHMavisCerdwin January 11th 2010, 01:02

I suggest that an admin be able to pre-register members from the Administration Panel. It is surprisingly useful, especially for forums that are switching over.

Last edited by MHMavisCerdwin on January 12th 2010, 07:56; edited 1 time in total
MHMavisCerdwin

Female Posts : 18
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Pre-register members Empty Re: Pre-register members

Post by Mehtevas January 11th 2010, 06:48

What do you meanby pre-register?

Add a poll
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by MHMavisCerdwin January 12th 2010, 08:03

Be able to just click on a link in the Administration Panel where you just type in a user name, e-mail, and verify right then. That way I could give people their administrative privileges right away, then they can just change their password when they sign in. Most of my members are nine or ten hours ahead of me time wise, so we aren't online at the same time very often. If I could pre-register them and give them permissions then they could just get started and wouldn't have to wait until I can get online again. It has already been a problem and I've only had a few key people move over at this time so that we can get the site ready.

In short; Pre-registering people would make it quick and simple and they could get started the moment they sign on and wouldn't have to wait for me to give them permissions and such.
MHMavisCerdwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas January 12th 2010, 20:03

You ca do that just not through the ACp.

Click register, then register all of them set passwords to like (123456) and than email them their passwords. Auto Activate via acp >Users and Groups> inactive>activate>save. Than goto their profile via acp and set them to have admin rights. Done.
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_m January 12th 2010, 20:42

Not exactly high on the list of priorities, but wouldn't hurt. Voted maybe.
matt_m
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MHMavisCerdwin January 15th 2010, 18:33

If you have a lot of people to pre-register then that's a lot to go through. I haven't done the auto-activation thing because I didn't think about it until after my brain started to feel like mush and I had to stop doing it. It just really makes things so much easier to be able to just type in the user name, e-mail, and password and have it ready to go. I also don't feel right about accepting the terms of use thing for them. Maybe that could be the first thing they do when they log in.
MHMavisCerdwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 17th 2013, 07:26

Pre-register members Permis10 Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Suggestions which are already possible
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: https://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
https://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged

Pre-register members Modera10Jophy
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum