The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

For the review section: Top 10 forums

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you like my idea?

50% 50% 
[ 12 ]
50% 50% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 24

For the review section: Top 10 forums

Post by MrMega on January 15th 2010, 10:39 pm

I think there should be a sticky/announcement topic where you see a list of forums that have been reviewed the best scores, and another seperate section in the post of the topic saying "Perfect Forums" that show the forums that have had a rating of 100/100 by the reviewer.

MrMega
Forumember

Male Posts : 981
Language : English, Polish, HTML, BBCode

Back to top Go down

Re: For the review section: Top 10 forums

Post by Jophy on January 17th 2010, 2:45 am

Voted No for this..

that will just be an advertising source, and it's unfair for other forums that won't get perfect score and besides, the review section is just for reviews, and there's announcements for this made by Typlo(sometimes), some of this are the best designed forums in which your forum will be announced if it's one of the best and there's lot more..I think,,, also, if we'll implement this, there can be more reviews to come hoping that they will be posted there and that's not good, so voted no..

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronie_iz_BaD1 on January 17th 2010, 4:07 am

I voted YES .I like the idea of top 10.
REASON : It will force the forum owners for an extra effort to make the forum's better and reviewers to review more correctly, as nobody has judged a reviewer , I mean when people will read the reviewers comment they will decide how good the reviewer has done, not just the owner, because not just the owner the reviewers will also be competing :wouhou:

Ronie_iz_BaD1
Forumember

Male Posts : 78
Language : english

http://ronieizbad.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok on January 17th 2010, 5:09 am

To be honest, I think that is a pretty cool idea. We could have some kind of Leader Board or something, hehe.

Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on January 17th 2010, 9:52 am

@Ronie_iz_BaD1 wrote:I voted YES .I like the idea of top 10.
REASON : It will force the forum owners for an extra effort to make the forum's better and reviewers to review more correctly, as nobody has judged a reviewer , I mean when people will read the reviewers comment they will decide how good the reviewer has done, not just the owner, because not just the owner the reviewers will also be competing :wouhou:
you mean when this is implemented, forumers will exert more effort to their forums just to get their forums featured? it's natural for the forumers to exert their best effort to their forums to get more traffic. Who doesn't exert extra effort to their forum to make their forum successful? And as I'd mentioned, it will just be another advertising source for members, in fact, I'd already observed some forumers always request a review in the review section(most of those forums being requested has 75 members and above) even though there are only a little bit/no changes, it just makes us feel that there are some forumers who makes the review section an advertising section, even though some forums don't really need a review, some still request,

We'll wait for the review team meeting..

Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid on January 17th 2010, 11:04 am

zoids, your point is almost utterly irrelevant. Don't you see that you guys are reviewing so its you guys who give the perfect scores, therefore you are dictating who will be in that list. It won't be something extra since you can mark them down, or up. Its solely up to the reviewer.

Edit: also, it shows other users what a perfect forum would be like. That really is the only way to improve.

dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404

http://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on January 17th 2010, 11:36 am

you mean we need this feature on the review section to show other users what a perfect forum would be and so they can get some features there? then what's the purpose of reviews if they'll just look at those forums and get some features and other else from it?

if we add this, and if we got the top 10 forums? what's next? what about the future forums that can also get 100 score?

Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid on January 17th 2010, 11:44 am

Yeah, they can learn from forums with quality results. Like said, reviews are done voluntarily; I mean, do you want a break or backlog?

I really doubt you will mark a forum with a perfect score, trust me. If you do, then someone finds a flaw, there won't be anything wrong with the review, it will be the reviewer.

dotDavid
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on January 17th 2010, 11:57 am

of course, we can mark 100/perfect scores, for this suggestion, let's see if MrMario will include this in our next meeting(review team)

Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on January 17th 2010, 12:01 pm

Voted no. I just don't feel its required.

Its not a promotion forum where we can have a Top 10 forums in a thread.
We already had a thread by Typlo a few days back related to some good threads. That could be done once every quarter. That is more than enough.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Law Man on January 17th 2010, 12:02 pm

thank you

Law Man

Language : Fransa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on January 17th 2010, 12:03 pm

ya, I agree with Sanket as what I'd said above..

Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid on January 17th 2010, 12:07 pm

zoids25 wrote:of course, we can mark 100/perfect scores, for this suggestion, let's see if MrMario will include this in our next meeting(review team)

I know you can "mark" perfect scores, but anyone can find a flaw, and its the fault of the reviewer Wink

dotDavid
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on January 17th 2010, 12:11 pm

of course, we're not perfect and the not best of the best reviewers... Wink

Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem on January 17th 2010, 2:50 pm

As I've always said: freebie job, expect freebie work
However, I'll also admit to having always said that the staff here, Review Team definitly, do a bloody good job out there Smile

I'll be voting No for this suggestion though.
I do not see how listing the forums with their grade would help increase the quality of the reviews. Secondly, I'm against the 100 grade mark. No forum is perfect, therefore no forum will be marked "perfect"

Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Veljko on January 17th 2010, 2:54 pm

Agreed with Chailem. My forum had 98 points... still no perfect, so withouth my forum on the list I don't want the list. loul

Well, it was a joke. I think this can only start a flame war between the forums and make the support forum one big war zone. Yes, it will make some admins advance their forums, but there is a group of people who will say "That forum is not good as mine, it's not fair" and then the flaming starts.

So, no.

Veljko
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1270
Language : Serbian, English, CSS, HTML, a bit of latin and german...

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMega on January 17th 2010, 5:28 pm

Thanks for your opinions, guys.

But....Yes is winning 6-4, so far.

MrMega
Forumember

Male Posts : 981
Language : English, Polish, HTML, BBCode

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on January 17th 2010, 5:34 pm

An interesting suggestion I must say. Its not a good idea for the forum. Typlo has done the best forums a week ago and I am sure he will do more. Its more of a promotion when we already have one. If you want to show your forum off why not add your forum's review to the presentation?

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by babaganoosh on February 10th 2010, 10:27 pm

I've got no. There's just no feasible way to make this work long-term. If a forum got a 99 score last year, who's to say it didn't get worse since then? Then people will check out that 99 score forum only to find a forum worthy of a 60 score. So you'd have to have reviewers revisit every single forum on a regular basis and perform a new review to make sure they are still worthy of their score. A lot of work.

Consider also the case where a forum is on the cusp of the top 10 and they always feel like they're there. They'll just keep on requesting reviews. I know there's the 2 week rule, but when you have so many forums close to the top, they'll all ask for reviews regularly every 2 weeks. Once again, a lot of work.

babaganoosh
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 26th 2010, 9:18 am

No , this is a way to promote forums , and this can be done here

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on January 27th 2011, 8:18 am

Refused => Moved

Jophy