The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Private Message Error for certain members

+4
paint
yuufa10182006
MrMario
DBZ Vortex
8 posters

Go down

Private Message Error for certain members Empty Private Message Error for certain members

Post by DBZ Vortex January 19th 2010, 6:52 pm

Forum: http://dbzvortex.dbzaddict.com/

A peculiar problem that our problem has had for a while now (last 2 months I believe) is that some members are unable to send or receive PMs to normal members. They have errors like this:

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img339/2076/examplec.png

What makes this annoying is that when our Admins check their Preferences there doesn't seem to be a problem or anything that has changed to make this happen, and PMs are fine to send from Admins to these members. We've been left utterly stumped by this and no attempt made to fix this has worked in the slightest. Please, can any assistance be offered?
DBZ Vortex
DBZ Vortex

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Private Message Error for certain members Empty Re: Private Message Error for certain members

Post by MrMario January 19th 2010, 10:56 pm

The link to the screenshot is not working.

Do you have the limit to PM's on? Member must post a post on the forum before they can send a PM?
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Private Message Error for certain members Empty Re: Private Message Error for certain members

Post by DBZ Vortex January 20th 2010, 8:56 pm

Strange...when I click the image link it works. I'm not sure why - it was a member who had the problem who hosted it.

I haven't altered any of the PM-related configurations, so they should be set to the default one. What makes this particularly confusing is that it is happening not to new members, but to members who have been established and have made a considerable number of posts on the board.
DBZ Vortex
DBZ Vortex

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario January 20th 2010, 11:11 pm

Its because the user disabled their PM in their profile.

Profile // Preferences // Allow users to contact me // Yes or No // Save

You can't disable this in the admin panel.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by DBZ Vortex January 22nd 2010, 7:15 am

The members don't have the Preference in their profile...?

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img690/1631/13187092.png
DBZ Vortex
DBZ Vortex

Back to top Go down

Post by yuufa10182006 February 3rd 2010, 5:43 am

i think i have the same problem... but...

i and the other members can send a message (PMs)... but the reciever cant see the message to them... help help help...
yuufa10182006
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by paint March 20th 2010, 7:43 pm

Old topic but it's still a current problem: I'm having the exact same problem. How do you fix this? I'm the founder of my forum, and a member can't send me a PM. Was this issue ever solved?
paint
paint
Forumember

Male Posts : 686

Back to top Go down

Post by newport September 22nd 2010, 1:18 am

One of my members is starting to have this problem now. Any help would be greatful
newport
Forumember

Male Posts : 46
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Lillypad October 24th 2010, 11:37 pm

Same problem on my forum also. Just a few members are having the issue.
Lillypad

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam360 October 24th 2010, 11:43 pm

ACP >> USERS & GROUPS >> GROUP ADMINISTRATION >> CHOOSE THE GROUPS AND SELECT THE SETTINGS THAT THEY CAN RECEIVE PMS FROM ALL MEMBERS
Adam360
Adam360
Forumember

Male Posts : 866

http://GameBase.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lillypad October 25th 2010, 3:42 am

adam360 wrote: ACP >> USERS & GROUPS >> GROUP ADMINISTRATION >> CHOOSE THE GROUPS AND SELECT THE SETTINGS THAT THEY CAN RECEIVE PMS FROM ALL MEMBERS

I tried this and it did not fix the problem. Everything was fine with their PMs, but now they have no PM button at all. Any other ides?

Thanks for the help.
Lillypad

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam360 October 25th 2010, 10:27 pm

Did you do this with all groups?
Adam360
Adam360
Forumember

Male Posts : 866

http://GameBase.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lillypad October 26th 2010, 4:35 pm

adam360 wrote:Did you do this with all groups?

Yes I have and now mine doesn't even work. It's when you have an actual PM there that the button disappears. Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help Very Happy
Lillypad

Back to top Go down

Post by nanwangwe12 October 30th 2010, 7:30 am

Spam Removed
nanwangwe12

Back to top Go down