The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glossy Blue/Silver Ranks

+8
TanMan77777777
WhitePoint
Maki1
Flipflop
LH Justin
TheListener
Calithenub
rblatch
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Glossy Blue/Silver Ranks Empty Glossy Blue/Silver Ranks

Post by rblatch 23/1/2010, 19:37

Glossy Blue/Silver Ranks Glossy10

Code:
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2539/adminly.png
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/4755/bannedt.png
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/340/gfxdesigner.png
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4458/globalmod.png
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/6449/memberb.png
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5478/modtx.png
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/1057/newmembert.png
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/584/topposter.png
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/2452/vipmember.png

More colors to come soon...
rblatch
rblatch
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1042
Language : HTML & CSS (Learning)

Back to top Go down

Glossy Blue/Silver Ranks Empty Re: Glossy Blue/Silver Ranks

Post by Calithenub 23/1/2010, 19:50

Those look really sleek. <:
Well done. Very Happy
Calithenub
Calithenub
Forumember

Female Posts : 641
Language : we no speak americano, durr. x:

http://graphic-central.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by rblatch 23/1/2010, 19:51

Thanks Cali Very Happy
rblatch
rblatch
Active Poster

Language : HTML &amp;amp; CSS (Learning)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheListener 23/1/2010, 19:52

Awesome job
TheListener
Forumember

Male Posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin 23/1/2010, 21:48

Good job, but maybe a different font could have been used. thumleft
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by rblatch 23/1/2010, 23:23

Font is easy to read and understand. I think that the font is just right Very Happy
rblatch
rblatch
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rblatch 24/1/2010, 15:44

Cali can you identify that font?

When I've opend my PSD file, I've forrgot to save the text with it and now can't remember the font I used :/
rblatch
rblatch
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Flipflop 24/1/2010, 18:34

These look nice, I like em Very Happy
Flipflop
Flipflop

Male Posts : 2

http://skorch.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki1 24/1/2010, 20:04

Good job there Very Happy
Maki1
Maki1
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2529
Language : English »» CSS Stylesheet
Location : The » Support » forum » Section! • No support by PM If you need custom theme please contact me!

Back to top Go down

Post by rblatch 24/1/2010, 20:20

Thanks Very Happy
rblatch
rblatch
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin 24/1/2010, 22:01

rblatch wrote:Font is easy to read and understand. I think that the font is just right Very Happy
But it's still ugly....

It's not all about the text being readable, it has to look good to.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by rblatch 24/1/2010, 22:25

You seem to be the only one that dose not like it...
rblatch
rblatch
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin 24/1/2010, 22:33

rblatch wrote:You seem to be the only one that dose not like it...
Untrue, no one has commented on the text yet except for me. The font just doesn't look nice, the spacing is odd, the edges are a little blurry in some places, and I just don't like the overall look of the font.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by rblatch 25/1/2010, 00:43

No, but don't you think that if other people did'nt like the font they would have spoken up. Take the other graphics designer who has also commented here, and all seems well. If the font spacing is off then you need to be contacting Microsoft about that because it is one of there fonts. Also I can't understand why it is blurry (look's fine too me) I done it at 100 dpi and 32 bit. It just seem that whatever i upload for people to use or look at you fault it in one way or another. Although everone else seems to like it. Fair enough I can sometimes make little mistakes, and i'll hold my hands up and say that. But your only 14 years old according to your profile, you can't have been to Uni to do Graphics Design. I'm not denying you of the quality of your graphics, there awesome. But just take this as a dose of salt. I'm half way through my Adobe Certified Expert CS3 Course. I get my Adobe Certified Expert certificate in about 2 week's Very Happy

Then I'm off to Uni in October to do Web Design & Multimedia (Graphics Design)
rblatch
rblatch
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin 25/1/2010, 04:11

rblatch wrote:No, but don't you think that if other people did'nt like the font they would have spoken up. Take the other graphics designer who has also commented here, and all seems well. If the font spacing is off then you need to be contacting Microsoft about that because it is one of there fonts. Also I can't understand why it is blurry (look's fine too me) I done it at 100 dpi and 32 bit. It just seem that whatever i upload for people to use or look at you fault it in one way or another. Although everone else seems to like it. Fair enough I can sometimes make little mistakes, and i'll hold my hands up and say that. But your only 14 years old according to your profile, you can't have been to Uni to do Graphics Design. I'm not denying you of the quality of your graphics, there awesome. But just take this as a dose of salt. I'm half way through my Adobe Certified Expert CS3 Course. I get my Adobe Certified Expert certificate in about 2 week's Very Happy

Look, while others may not do it to preserve your feelings, I point out every single flaw in a design that I see so that a person can better themselves. If you think I am targeting you I am not, I do this to everyone. And if you can't take a little criticism then you should just give up now.

Also, age has nothing to with someone's level of skill in graphics. If you weren't intending to insult me with my age you wouldn't have brought it up in the conversation.

Another thing, I don't care what kind of education you have in the field, I know what I'm talking about, and apparently you don't.

One last thing, the fault is not on the fool that made the font, but on the fool that used the font.

Have a nice day. thumleft
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by WhitePoint 25/1/2010, 08:05

nice work I like it
WhitePoint
WhitePoint
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1206
Language : Romanian, Spanish, English, Catalan and a little French

http://www.our-time.biz/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by rblatch 25/1/2010, 13:37

LH Justin wrote:
rblatch wrote:No, but don't you think that if other people did'nt like the font they would have spoken up. Take the other graphics designer who has also commented here, and all seems well. If the font spacing is off then you need to be contacting Microsoft about that because it is one of there fonts. Also I can't understand why it is blurry (look's fine too me) I done it at 100 dpi and 32 bit. It just seem that whatever i upload for people to use or look at you fault it in one way or another. Although everone else seems to like it. Fair enough I can sometimes make little mistakes, and i'll hold my hands up and say that. But your only 14 years old according to your profile, you can't have been to Uni to do Graphics Design. I'm not denying you of the quality of your graphics, there awesome. But just take this as a dose of salt. I'm half way through my Adobe Certified Expert CS3 Course. I get my Adobe Certified Expert certificate in about 2 week's Very Happy

Look, while others may not do it to preserve your feelings, I point out every single flaw in a design that I see so that a person can better themselves. If you think I am targeting you I am not, I do this to everyone. And if you can't take a little criticism then you should just give up now.

Also, age has nothing to with someone's level of skill in graphics. If you weren't intending to insult me with my age you wouldn't have brought it up in the conversation.

Another thing, I don't care what kind of education you have in the field, I know what I'm talking about, and apparently you don't.

One last thing, the fault is not on the fool that made the font, but on the fool that used the font.

Have a nice day. thumleft

I have not got time to listen to you Justin. All you are is a little keyboard pusher, like may other little FOOL'S in the world....
rblatch
rblatch
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Calithenub 25/1/2010, 18:49

Stop.
There will be no more name calling. That is juvenile, as is considering age detrimental to quality of design.
rblatch, bolded text is reserved for staff members only, and please don't double post again.
If you want to continue your heated discussion on whether the text is suitable or not, please use PMs and not argue here. Smile
Also, LHJustin was offering constructive criticism; you had a choice to take it or not.
Please do not do this again as next time you may receive a warning.

In my opinion, the text is alright, but maybe you could try a more digital look to go with the modern elegance of the rank. ^^ I wasn't sure what LHJustin meant by the spacing was odd, but perhaps the Member & Moderator text could be centered like the rest of the names on the ranks are, just to keep it constant.
Calithenub
Calithenub
Forumember

Female Posts : 641
Language : we no speak americano, durr. x:

http://graphic-central.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheListener 27/1/2010, 21:59

LH the font he used is perfect, and the edges are not blurry. Don't be like that. He made a nice work.

And Cali, this isn't constructive, is it?
LH Justin wrote: But it's still ugly....
TheListener
Forumember

Male Posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Post by TanMan77777777 28/1/2010, 07:02

The font is fine to me. And by spacing I think Justin meant like on the letter "m." The space is bigger on the left.

I really like the design of it. Very Happy The only thing I would like to see is centering the text. I would like to see if that would look any good.

9/10 Nice Very Happy
TanMan77777777
TanMan77777777
Forumember

Language : English, HTML, CSS

http://tanman.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beejayad 28/1/2010, 20:10

I like the designs. They are indeed good and the font seems to blend well with the rank. However, you just need consistency in the placing and place them in one direction. Others are directed left while others middle, etc. I prefer those at the left though since it's a flag-like design.

I disagree with LH saying that the font is ugly. Making a design is not about the design being fancy, pretty, etc. Making a design is about blending designs with one another. rblatch chose the perfect font to blend with its background but I guess banned isn't that much clear. It's alright though.

I'm not flaming but saying a work is ugly isn't actually constructive. Everything has a postive say to it, don't only say negative things. Very Happy Unless the design looks garbage and all that you really hate it, don't say it's ugly. That's the most taboo word one could comment.

Overall, I'll give it an 8 / 10. But, if I would score this in my strict critique mode, I'll give a 5 (note: I actually give 5 as the highest scores Very Happy)

On a side note, good luck with that course! Very Happy
Beejayad
Forumember

Male Posts : 104
Language : English and a bit of other languages

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf the Wolf 30/1/2010, 15:49

I think that they are beautiful! I especially like the font. I think the white goes well with the black and the blue, you chose a very good color combination!

I think this is awesome, keep up the great work! Good luck with the course!
Wolf the Wolf
Wolf the Wolf
Forumember

Female Posts : 45

http://www.yourpal.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin 30/1/2010, 16:50

Nacho wrote:LH the font he used is perfect, and the edges are not blurry. Don't be like that. He made a nice work.

And Cali, this isn't constructive, is it?
LH Justin wrote: But it's still ugly....
Yes they are Nacho. The button is nice, the text is not. I'm not going to tell him the text is good if I don't like it.
Beejayad wrote:I like the designs. They are indeed good and the font seems to blend well with the rank. However, you just need consistency in the placing and place them in one direction. Others are directed left while others middle, etc. I prefer those at the left though since it's a flag-like design.

I disagree with LH saying that the font is ugly. Making a design is not about the design being fancy, pretty, etc. Making a design is about blending designs with one another. rblatch chose the perfect font to blend with its background but I guess banned isn't that much clear. It's alright though.
The text is left aligned, it's all in the same position.

So graphic design is not about making things look good? You have a lot to learn.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilsek 30/1/2010, 17:08

Nice!
Kilsek

Back to top Go down

Post by Beejayad 30/1/2010, 17:20

LH Justin wrote:So graphic design is not about making things look good? You have a lot to learn.

Alright. Saying I have got a lot to learn could also mean you're pinpointing capabalities through human age. It contradicts your previous posts. You didn't get my drift of making a design. I should say that I have different definitions for each word I say and you didn't get my drift. What's the use of a fancy design if it ended up not appropriate. What rblatch did is good and is just the perfect font to use in that background. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Beejayad
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin 30/1/2010, 17:47

Beejayad wrote:
LH Justin wrote:So graphic design is not about making things look good? You have a lot to learn.

Alright. Saying I have got a lot to learn could also mean you're pinpointing capabalities through human age. It contradicts your previous posts. You didn't get my drift of making a design. I should say that I have different definitions for each word I say and you didn't get my drift. What's the use of a fancy design if it ended up not appropriate. What rblatch did is good and is just the perfect font to use in that background. I don't see anything wrong with it.
When did I say anything about age in my post? All I said was you have a lot to learn.

In my opinion the font is not perfect, a better one could have been used.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/1/2010, 18:03

I think that settles it. LH Justin's opinion is his alone and rblatch can take the criticism or not, it's his choice. Lets just drop it.

I like the ranks though! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Beejayad 30/1/2010, 18:31

LH Justin wrote:When did I say anything about age in my post? All I said was you have a lot to learn.

I was referring to what you meant by you've got a lot to learn since it can also refer to age. Now, that's better. You could have set it better by saying it like that and not saying it's ugly. Very Happy Debate done!! Very Happy
Beejayad
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin 30/1/2010, 21:49

Beejayad wrote:
LH Justin wrote:When did I say anything about age in my post? All I said was you have a lot to learn.

I was referring to what you meant by you've got a lot to learn since it can also refer to age. Now, that's better. You could have set it better by saying it like that and not saying it's ugly. Very Happy Debate done!! Very Happy
My comment refers to age in no way, shape, or form. Also, if a font is ugly, it's just ugly.

Conversation on this is now closed. The next person to comment on this "miniature flame war" gets a warning.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Beno 18/4/2010, 18:58

Well Done, Accepted Very Happy
Beno
Beno
Hyperactive