The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

CAPTCHA for member's first post

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yes or No

82% 82% 
[ 14 ]
18% 18% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 17

CAPTCHA for member's first post

Post by Doctor Inferno on February 13th 2010, 3:54 am

As part of anti-spam measures, I am suggesting that we will be able to place a CAPTCHA for members making their first post, or perhaps more posts if we like.

This might prevent bots from automatically making their first post.

Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Re: CAPTCHA for member's first post

Post by Jophy on February 13th 2010, 4:05 am

I think this is a nice suggestion to prevent spam bots from spamming, voted yes.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by nikigaming on March 16th 2011, 12:39 pm

I definitely think yes because I am a spam fighter and see it as necessary

nikigaming

Language : english

http://niki.freegametalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor on May 15th 2013, 2:16 am

After getting hit with a group of really malicious trojen bearing posts, I agree with this as one more filter to stop malicious spam posting.

melodiccolor
Forumember

Language : english

http://The HSP Dimension http://funhsps.niceboard.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by socialize on May 15th 2013, 4:07 am

Great idea! Maybe CAPTCHA for 1st Private message as well? They could be spamming to your members if you think about it.

socialize
Forumember

Male Posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on May 20th 2013, 8:53 am

I think this would be a better method than the current spam protections which have proved according to some members to be slightly ineffective and problem causing so I'd vote yes to this suggestion.

As long as we got an option to enable or disable it.

Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by wrap on May 25th 2013, 9:12 pm

I am the Founder and am getting the Captcha and do NOT want it on my board. Period. This has NEVER happened before. I've had no complaints from other members EXCEPT one of my admins. We do NOT allow guests to post so that is not an issue for us.

HOW do you get Captcha completely OFF? I do NOT want this on my website. And, WHY is this just happening since yesterday? My website w/be 4 years old on May 28th. This is ridiculous when even me, the Founder, has to use a code to post. Thank you.

wrap

Back to top Go down

Post by socialize on May 25th 2013, 9:57 pm

@wrap wrote:I am the Founder and am getting the Captcha and do NOT want it on my board. Period. This has NEVER happened before. I've had no complaints from other members EXCEPT one of my admins. We do NOT allow guests to post so that is not an issue for us.

HOW do you get Captcha completely OFF? I do NOT want this on my website. And, WHY is this just happening since yesterday? My website w/be 4 years old on May 28th. This is ridiculous when even me, the Founder, has to use a code to post. Thank you.

Hello Hello

Could you please create your question in a support forum. I would gladly help Very Happy! Unfortunately this is a suggestion, you cannot get support here. PM me the link! Smile

socialize
Forumember

Male Posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by wrap on May 25th 2013, 10:56 pm

@socialize wrote:
@wrap wrote:I am the Founder and am getting the Captcha and do NOT want it on my board. Period. This has NEVER happened before. I've had no complaints from other members EXCEPT one of my admins. We do NOT allow guests to post so that is not an issue for us.

Hello Hello

Could you please create your question in a support forum. I would gladly help Very Happy! Unfortunately this is a suggestion, you cannot get support here. PM me the link! Smile
I did ask in another forum but have no clue if it's the "support forum". I did "Plus 1 you here as you asked me to do in the PM you sent me..you then asked me to make a comment here so I am. Hope this makes sense. I merely want to know HOW to get Captcha OFF my website. Thanks.

wrap

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on May 15th 2014, 7:08 am

Suggestion clean up.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top