The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attachment images

5 posters

Go down

Increase thumbnail size in image attachments?

Attachment images Left1150%Attachment images Right11 50% 
[ 2 ]
Attachment images Left1150%Attachment images Right11 50% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Attachment images Empty Attachment images

Post by matt_m March 26th 2010, 10:41 pm

With the new file attatchment feature, you can now upload and attatch images directly. However the allowed maximum thumbail size is only 150 X 150 pixels.

If someone wants to view the uploaded images on the forum directly, and not have to go through the process of downloading them, then the thumbnail is much too small.

I am suggesting that it is increased drastically or the full image just displayed instead of a thumbnail, so if someone wants to view the images on the forum, they can do so directly and no need to download onto their own computer.
matt_m
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Attachment images Empty Re: Attachment images

Post by Kalliopi March 26th 2010, 10:50 pm

Ah, I blamed having to download our test one on my using Chrome (or rather my partner did & I accepted this) Thanks for the heads up matt_m. You might want to cast a vote yourself mind. Wink
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ImProviser March 27th 2010, 12:29 am

I don't think that you should do that... I don't know why anyone wants to add an image as an attachment... just upload to free image hosting that you're using and copy thumbnail code.... thats all there is...

I'm using it to upload .zip files that i need or something similar
ImProviser
ImProviser
Forumember

Male Posts : 617
Language : Serbian, English, Deutsch

http://www.team-xenon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalliopi March 27th 2010, 1:25 am

Not sure who that is aimed at ImProviser, I think you have greatly misunderstood my post. It is not meant to be a substitute for image hosting.You can open your files ok can you, because I can't which is what this post is about?
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ImProviser March 27th 2010, 3:03 am

haha seems like I've misunderstood... Anyways you should use free image hosting for THAT type of images Smile

It would be appreciated if FM made possible to upload images/flash content/PHP files to the database that can be used and linked to Forumotion sites in html pages management. Smile
ImProviser
ImProviser
Forumember

Male Posts : 617
Language : Serbian, English, Deutsch

http://www.team-xenon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalliopi March 27th 2010, 4:30 am

Well try telling my forum members that, despite many tutorials, half of them can't even post a link correctly, or embed a YouTube vid. Already had one today that tried to upload a photo via the attachments & I had to go in and edit. Attachment images 27zj9mf
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_m March 27th 2010, 9:29 pm

No...I don't think free image hosting should be used. If there is an attachment feature, you should be able to attach images and for other members to view them directly, a thing i've seen on many other forums. If you're going to say "use a free host" then you could do that with other file types too....rapidshare etc for .zip, .doc.
matt_m
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_m March 30th 2010, 2:02 am

bump
matt_m
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 30th 2010, 2:42 am

I'm voting NO to this one;

The main goal of attachments is to allow things like music and documents, not pictures.

Let me quote Jalokim as he has said it better than I can Wink

And a message for all.
WHY are you using the attachment feature to upload images?

like the name states its for attachments! instead of uploading small files to sendspace, megaupload , mediafire or others, you can do it on your forum.
Its not an image uploading tool. That is what you have the servimg button for!

This attachment feature will mainly be used on forums with mobile software, tech and computer sites and fantasy game sites , because forums like that can use the inbuilt uploader for , java games, symbian software, patches, fixes and other mini tools for PC, whilst fatasy dudes can use it to upload their sheets and all those funky things they have.

You already got an image uploader, don't complain about an update if you are using it incorrectly.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalliopi March 30th 2010, 3:37 am

It's not about images darren1.!! It is about having to download the file to your PC and not being able to click on it & play, view whatever, no one really wants to use it for images. (except one of my numpty members)
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_m April 3rd 2010, 10:14 pm

Since on my forum, the only thing anybody really wants to attach is images, everything else is pretty useless. Forumotion have quite rightly allowed the attachment & upload of jpg, GIF, png etc filetypes with this new attachment feature - which are all image filetypes.

It would save a lot of trouble if the images that are attached would by default show larger than the 150 X 150 pixels that is currently allowed.

And if you don't like the idea of attaching images anyway, then why would it bother you?? Since you're obviously not using the attachment feature for images, so surely it should not bother you if the allowed thumbnail size was increased? In fact, there would still be an option in your admin settings to keep it at 150 X 150 if you wished!!!!!!!
matt_m
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 18th 2013, 5:17 pm

Attachment images Permis10 Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Suggestions which are already possible
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: https://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
https://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged

Attachment images Modera10Jophy
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down