The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Timed Announcements, Stickies, and Globals

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are you FOR or AGAINST this idea?

100% 100% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

Timed Announcements, Stickies, and Globals

Post by 94killerz on March 27th 2010, 10:17 pm

I'm not incredibly sure how to explain this, but it's a fairly simple concept and I've seen it on some of the forum hosts before I made the change to Forumotion.

Essentially, it's just an optional timer that will automatically switch Announcements, Global Announcements, and Stickies either down one slot (Global -> Announcement; Announcement -> Sticky; Sticky -> Normal) or all the way down to normal topics after the given time (in days).

The parameters are just like the "Run poll for [_] days." where you can either specify a time for it to shut itself off after, or you can leave it blank and leave it there forever.
Whereas, in this case, it would degrade it one slot or just take it straight down to a normal topic after the given days, or if no time is given, it will stay as it is until manually changed.

I might also add that this is on a per-topic basis, set up similarly to the way you make a poll. (Radio button to determine whether it degrades 1 level every X days, or just drops to normal after X days and a box to enter the amount of days you want.)

This would be incredibly helpful for those of us with a rather large or complex forum who like to keep the new news separated from the old news or who would only like to keep something stickied/pinned/announced for so many days and are often too busy to remember to take it down.

94killerz

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Timed Announcements, Stickies, and Globals

Post by KingOfSports on March 28th 2010, 4:59 am

I don't see why you would want to go from announcement to sticky...

But I guess you could use g. announcement to announcement and sticky to normal...I'm neutral...need more convincing.

KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Post by Emmawesome on March 28th 2010, 5:08 am

If you changed the names of the announcements, it could go from Global Announcement to Announcement to Old News or Old Announcement.

Emmawesome
Forumember

Female Posts : 148

http://creativehart.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 94killerz on March 28th 2010, 5:54 am

Yes, as Emma said, you could make a system of it by changing the names, or you could just bypass that and select the option to just set it as a normal topic after X days instead of down-grading it one slot.

94killerz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on April 18th 2013, 2:12 pm

Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Suggestions which are already possible
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: http://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
http://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged

Jophy

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum