The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Using CSS to change visual appearance in invision

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Using CSS to change visual appearance in invision

Post by tumfl-bumfl on May 23rd 2010, 1:06 am

Hi

I am helping to set up and modify an invision type forum. One of the current problems is that the member name fonts are small in size and we are also interested in changing the color. I did some searching on the forum but was unable to find the answer. I have looked in admin panel under display but did not find any options for this. I also looked under users - group management...but i only have 2 groups there...and i can like change display color for Admin.... I am not happy about idea of creating a new group for all members to put them in and change their name color (if it would even work)

What I would like so if anyone can tell me the CSS class/id for it. Or if anyone can direct to me to whole CSS for invison. The current CSS in admin panel is very ammm "dull". It does not contain everything.

We like had problems changing the background color of posts....no option under display-colors seemed to work...but than I managed to find in html source a "postbody" reference and than simply made a

Code:

.postbody{
    font-size:13px;
    background-color:#202020;
    }

and added it to the CSS in admin panel. I wish it would be in there before that.

So that is also what i would like to do now with member names and perhaps later also some other stuff.

To make it a little more clear i included this picture

You see the avatar and member name above and below the picture. The above name can actually expand in a drop down menu....the below name seems to be considered as a link. What we would like is to make the above name visible (since it is also barely visible on members page) and we would like to make the below name bigger.

I actually managed to find a CSS reference to color for number of posts, birth date and place...but was not able to find one for member name that would work as we wish it to.

tumfl-bumfl

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Using CSS to change visual appearance in invision

Post by tumfl-bumfl on May 23rd 2010, 5:48 pm

I would just like all to know that i have managed to solve the problem. I remembered about a web developer add on for Firefox which made my search for css references in html much more less painful.

If anyone might be interested the css reference for changing the background of the button on which the member name is displayed (above the avatar) is

.popmenubutton a

Than just add whatever you wish to change.

I also fixed other visibility issues for which i do not know how they got there since it would seem it is like that by default....which is rather strange.

tumfl-bumfl

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Testicles_the_Greek on July 15th 2010, 10:31 pm

Hi

Can you explain how you found the CSS please?

I'm using Invision, but the admin panel won't allow me to access the CSS?

All I need to do (mainly, anyway) is change the post-preview box formatting, from double-spacing to single, which confuses my members, and they end up posting a single block of words!!

Testicles_the_Greek
Forumember

Male Posts : 185
Language : english

http://www.englistory.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien on July 16th 2010, 4:24 am

Hello,

If you want to see all CSS codes, you can click the "See your forum basic CSS" link just above your CSS Stylesheet in the admin panel.
It will display full CSS code of your forum Smile

To change the background color of popout menu, you can use this code...

Code:
.popmenubutton-new-out a {
background : red;
}

Hope it helps Very Happy

ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

http://www.webartzforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Testicles_the_Greek on July 16th 2010, 10:43 am

Hi ankillien, and thanks.

I clicked the link above the CSS stylesheet (which is blank), but it wants to use the internet to find the 'program' and won't show it.

Thanks for the code, but it's the Post Preview box formatting which I'm trying to alter, and also where to put that code if I don't have any CSS sheet?

Testicles_the_Greek
Forumember

Male Posts : 185
Language : english

http://www.englistory.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum