The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

My NEW domain name doesn't appear on Google

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My NEW domain name doesn't appear on Google

Post by Pontifex on May 28th 2010, 4:16 pm

Hello!

2 weeks ago I earned a free sub domain for a good activity on my forum. Of course I accepted this offer in my Admin panel and I also re-added my new domain on google-adurl because I wanted that a new domain name appears on a google search.

But It didn't work Confused I've waited 2 weeks but it still shows the old address on Google.
(I also put a new "Site Description" in my Admin panel and this function worked on Google... It's just the url name that stays the same).

Any ideas what I could do about that?

Pontifex
Forumember

Female Posts : 63
Language : Slovene, English, German

Back to top Go down

Re: My NEW domain name doesn't appear on Google

Post by Jophy on May 28th 2010, 4:19 pm

Ok, even if the old sub domain name you have from the past appears on google and a person clicks it, it will still be redirected on your new domain name and with the forum you have so that doesn't affect it Wink

Well if you want your new domain name to appear on google, I guess you just have to wait for the google to place it there, it takes time Wink

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontifex on May 28th 2010, 4:40 pm

zoids25 wrote:Ok, even if the old sub domain name you have from the past appears on google and a person clicks it, it will still be redirected on your new domain name and with the forum you have so that doesn't affect it
The redirection doesn't work! Confused I've already tried this and unfortunately it always directs me to the forum with the old address.

I really hope that the search engines on Google will soon put my new address on the list... otherwise I don't see any effects with getting new domain names... because all new users are still being directed on the old site that appears on Google and they don't even know about the new address, until the administrators tell them about it Confused

Pontifex
Forumember

Female Posts : 63
Language : Slovene, English, German

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1302 on February 4th 2011, 4:23 am

I bought my own domain ..so its a similar thing

Google shows both my original and the new domain as seperate results - like yours if I use the original link that is what appears in the address bar - but as soon as any other area of the forum is clicked it reverts to the new domain in the address bar.

I don't really see how it is a problem anyway - it won't be stopping anyone coming to your site?

lisa1302
Forumember

Female Posts : 305
Language : Enlish

http://www.babiesandall.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on February 4th 2011, 10:45 am

Thanks for the info lisa1302, but please don't bump old topics as this topic is from last year(May)

=> Locked

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum