The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On forum page - shortcut now to 'newest post' instead of 'latest' post

5 posters

Go down

On forum page - shortcut now to 'newest post' instead of 'latest' post Empty On forum page - shortcut now to 'newest post' instead of 'latest' post

Post by DBCrazy June 8th 2010, 12:01 am

Our forum page has always shown a shortcut to the latest post (any topic) in a forum, for each forum. It was a white box (link) and when the cursor was held over it, the link would show a pop-up with the title of the topic. When you'd click the link it would take you to this latest post.

Today that behavior is changed. If you've already looked at that post it will act as usual, but if you have NOT viewed it then it will show a red box (link) that takes you to the beginning of the posts you have not viewed (not the latest post).

(This red box has always existed within a forum's topic list and done what it does now. What is new is it showing up on the forum page.)

I've viewed the HTML and CSS looking for something that may have changed. I don't see anything and don't know where to look. Does anyone have any clues of where I can look for a change. Our users are asking about this.

DBCrazy
DBCrazy
DBCrazy

Female Posts : 14
Language : English

http://nbth.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

On forum page - shortcut now to 'newest post' instead of 'latest' post Empty Re: On forum page - shortcut now to 'newest post' instead of 'latest' post

Post by Jagodicans June 11th 2010, 1:34 am

I have the same problem. beu And i don't know what to do. beu It started to happen 3 days ago. beu

How to fix it? ouou
Jagodicans
Jagodicans
Forumember

Female Posts : 42
Language : Serbian

http://www.ludisnovi.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

On forum page - shortcut now to 'newest post' instead of 'latest' post Empty Re: On forum page - shortcut now to 'newest post' instead of 'latest' post

Post by bo_on June 12th 2010, 5:16 am

I have the same problem in my forum. Every body finds it quite annoying. Is it global bug from forumotion :/
Or there is CSS code to manage this problem...???
bo_on

Back to top Go down

Post by lottysvdub June 12th 2010, 7:33 pm

I have a problem like this , the short cut icon on my forum isnt there anymore when theres a new post , you have to go in to the topic and scroll down to the last post , when you have done this and go back to the index the icon then appears Confused
its been bugging me for about 3-4 days now
lottysvdub
Forumember

Male Posts : 123
Language : england

http://southcoastcougars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 12th 2010, 8:55 pm

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Jagodicans June 13th 2010, 3:45 am

It solve lotty problem only. Sad I can see last post icon normally. :/

But when I click on the icon, I have a problem because it doesn't show me last page.

Precisely, this is the problem:

If you've already looked at that post it will act as usual, but if you have NOT viewed it then it will show a red box (link) that takes you to the beginning of the posts you have not viewed (not the latest post).
Jagodicans
Jagodicans
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 13th 2010, 6:13 am

Jagodicans, Can you explain more with screenshots for me to understand.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Jagodicans June 13th 2010, 5:13 pm

It's hard to explain with screenshots.

When you click on the last post icon it should take you to a last page, right?
But now, when I click on it, and there is a few new page in a topic it will show me first page with a new post.

For example, If topic have a 10 pages and last two are new, when I click on icon it will show me 8th page (not 10).This hasn't happened before.
Jagodicans
Jagodicans
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 13th 2010, 6:55 pm

Can i get the link to the forum in question. Tell me which specific place is it happening.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Jagodicans June 13th 2010, 8:03 pm

I can give you a link but you won't see anything because as an unregistered member each topic is treated as old. You need to be register member and than you have to wait a while. (and I believe you don't have that time :/ )

It's only happening when there is more then one new page in topic.

If you still want to see the forum just click on this.

As I understand it's also happening to a DBCrazy and bo_on forum, so it's not problem with my forum only.
Jagodicans
Jagodicans
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 13th 2010, 8:06 pm

Which is the forum where its happening now?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Jagodicans June 13th 2010, 8:37 pm

You mean on which particular part of the forum it's happening or? (because I put a link of forum in previous post)

There is no particular part, it happening (like I said) in every topic where is more than one new page.

I do not know how to explain you better. Sad
Jagodicans
Jagodicans
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by bo_on June 14th 2010, 2:59 am

Sanket wrote:I have PM'ed you back.

edit:
Display>Pics management
Advanced mode
Last post link - New : That was empty earlier, i added a default image now. The earlier image link was dead.
Mr. Sanket, could you give me the link for the image icon too..?? Cuz The link in my forum is also messed up like lotty
bo_on

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 14th 2010, 5:45 am

@ Jagodicans: I tried one of the pages, it did take me to the normal page. hence i am asking whether you have a specific thread or forum where this generally occurs? or maybe when you come online you can post in that thread & let me know via PM. I will check it then.

@ bo_on https://2img.net/i/fa/prosilver/icon_topic_newest.gif
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Jagodicans June 15th 2010, 12:40 am

So I clear cache again, and do that resynchronise thing but it didn't help. Problem is still there.

When I first post I thought that it was a global bug and not a problem with my forum only but I don't see that anybody else complain about it. (except the creator of this topic but she didn't say anything after that :/ )

So if you don't have any more suggestions, just forget about it. :/
Jagodicans
Jagodicans
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 15th 2010, 10:54 am

Is it persistently happening to you? Which is that specific thread?

Also did you read my Pm Jag?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy June 16th 2010, 3:46 pm

Sanket,

Sorry to be absent after I started this thread. Out of town.

Here's a screen print example from the forum page.
On forum page - shortcut now to 'newest post' instead of 'latest' post Newest10

The top forum has nothing new in it for me to see (by the skull at the left) so the mini icon at the right is white (for the latest post). The bottom forum does have something new (by the blue badge emblem at the left) so the mini icon at the right is red (for the newest post). That's how it's acting now, but before that mini icon at the right would have been white (for the latest post) no matter what.

I can understand the logic in doing it this way, really I can. The problem is that it is not how it has acted until a week or so ago. You can use my website icon to look at our website, if you like, but you won't be able to observe the problem unless you're a registered user (just as Jadocian said also).

Always before, the mini icons at the right were white for the latest post, whether you'd seen the posts or not.

Here's a little bit more from the topic list page inside a forum. (Sorry, I forgot to highlight parts.)
On forum page - shortcut now to 'newest post' instead of 'latest' post Thread10

The mini icon at the left is red when there are new posts, and it takes you to the beginning of the posts you haven't seen yet. This is the same as it has always been. Previously the mini icon at the right would have been white - always. Now it's red just like on the left side. Before, you had a choice whether they wanted to catch up with everything that folks were saying or just jump in at the end, now that they're both red you don't have that choice.

You'll notice the second topic doesn't have a red icon at the left. That's because there's nothing new. And the icon at the right is white.

I hope I haven't confused you. Let me know if there is anything else I can tell you to help.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 16th 2010, 3:59 pm

DBCrazy, your problem is different than Jag's.

Also, i don't really see a problem with your forum. Its how its supposed to be.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy June 16th 2010, 4:24 pm

Sanket wrote:DBCrazy, your problem is different than Jag's.

Also, i don't really see a problem with your forum. Its how its supposed to be.
When I read Jag's posts I hear the same description of what's going on on our site.

It may be "how its supposed to be," but it's changed in the last week or so. Definitely.

Even so, I don't think it's how it's should be, because the last column says "LAST POSTS." It gives you the date/time and member name of the post - but then the shortcut doesn't take you there! blackeye
DBCrazy
DBCrazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 16th 2010, 4:27 pm

Oh ok, so display wise its all fine. Only when you click the link, it does not work?

Link to your forum with a member account via PM please?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy June 16th 2010, 5:03 pm

Sanket wrote:Oh ok, so display wise its all fine. Only when you click the link, it does not work?

Link to your forum with a member account via PM please?
I sent you a PM with the info you asked for.

But just to clarify, the link does work, it does take you to where the red icon is supposed to take you.

The problem is that in that right column named "LAST POSTS" (on both the forum and topic pages) that mini icon should be white and take you straight to the post that you see date/time/member name info for. Thus the white icon's name: "last post."

I'm sorry if I sound upset. I'm just trying to be precise in what I'm describing. Wink
DBCrazy
DBCrazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 16th 2010, 5:38 pm

Allright, i now understand. Its the same issue as Jag's. I have already reported the matter to Typlo.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy June 16th 2010, 5:44 pm

Sanket wrote:Allright, i now understand. Its the same issue as Jag's. I have already reported the matter to Typlo.
Thank you!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy

Back to top Go down