The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random groups having moderator permissions?

4 posters

Go down

Random groups having moderator permissions? Empty Random groups having moderator permissions?

Post by TR June 8th 2010, 4:32 am

Users in any closed groups of mine are able to change profile fields that are exclusive to moderators. Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks!
-TR
TR
TR
Forumember

Language : English, Gamer

Back to top Go down

Random groups having moderator permissions? Empty Re: Random groups having moderator permissions?

Post by Agent24 June 8th 2010, 5:11 am

Did you set the group so they can moderate forums?
Agent24
Agent24
Forumember

Male Posts : 813
Language : English, Spanish

Back to top Go down

Random groups having moderator permissions? Empty Re: Random groups having moderator permissions?

Post by Jophy June 8th 2010, 11:22 am

Check the permissions of your profile fields(if the member can modify the profile field value):
admin panel>users & groups>profiles>click the 'modify'>on the 'field edit', check the permissions of 'Who can modify the profile field value ?': set it to 'moderators' only>save changes

Do this to all profile fields you want mods only to have the permissions to edit fields.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by TR June 10th 2010, 9:28 pm

Hey Agent/Zoids-
All of the fields are set to that, and their still able to change it. The groups don't have any moderation powers, either.
TR
TR
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 11th 2010, 6:28 pm

Can i get a member test account sent to me via PM? Also, which is the profile field thats getting changed?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by TR June 13th 2010, 4:55 pm

Sanket- I believe that members in the group are able to edit any of the profile fields, even the custom ones I've added for pets and so forh. I'll send you a test account now Smile
TR
TR
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 13th 2010, 7:02 pm

TR, can you send the forum url as well?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down