The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

A few display questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A few display questions

Post by Cian on June 9th 2010, 8:17 pm

Hi all, just made a new forum today and was wondering if any of ye could give me a hand with changing the appearance.
I'm using phpBB3 (prosilver) and love the layout for vbulletin, if anyone can help out.

1) Can the user panel's display in a post be moved from the right to the left of the screen.

2)) Can I move the Edit/quote buttons from the top right to the bottom right? I'm used to seeing Vbulletin layouts and it looks a bit nicer IMHO.

3) In the posts, there's the user names/time displayed at the top and the 'edited' sign at the bottom. Would it be possible to seperate these from the main body of the text? Even just with a ____________ line or something so they are segmented off.

That's all for now if anyone could help out.

Thanks!

Cian

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: A few display questions

Post by APE on June 9th 2010, 8:40 pm

@Cian wrote:Hi all, just made a new forum today and was wondering if any of ye could give me a hand with changing the appearance.
I'm using phpBB3 (prosilver) and love the layout for vbulletin, if anyone can help out.

1) Can the user panel's display in a post be moved from the right to the left of the screen.

2)) Can I move the Edit/quote buttons from the top right to the bottom right? I'm used to seeing Vbulletin layouts and it looks a bit nicer IMHO.

3) In the posts, there's the user names/time displayed at the top and the 'edited' sign at the bottom. Would it be possible to seperate these from the main body of the text? Even just with a ____________ line or something so they are segmented off.

That's all for now if anyone could help out.

Thanks!

in your 1st post here Do you mean the profile that shows up when you make a post in the forum

For Q: 1 go to your admin page then go to GENERAL then scroll down the left side to Forum Configuration>>> half way down the page find Pages structure click that to left and then save. that should then move the profiles on all post to the left..

With Q: 2 /3 im Sorry but the only way to move them is to have phpBB2 or phpBB that way you can move almost anything you like with Modified templates i could be wrong on this so please make sure by letting some one else post to Q: 2 and 3 Wink

Hope i was of some help...

~Ape~

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8622
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cian on June 9th 2010, 8:53 pm

Thanks! That's much better already.

Cian

Back to top Go down

Post by APE on June 9th 2010, 9:01 pm

Cian.
Your so welcome i'm glad i was of some help to you.
As for the rest of your Q's: iI have looked to see if there is any new post that ask the same as you and can not find any so I think with your Theme Version the rest of what your asking can not be done. Sorry Sad

~Ape~

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8622
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cian on June 9th 2010, 9:06 pm

No worries, I'd have no worries changing the layout (it's just a site for me and a few friends), but I'd have to know HTML to change things right?
Thanks again Ape, even just switching the profile location is a big help.

Cian

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum