The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Banner Advert

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Banner Advert

Post by cougar30 on June 16th 2010, 1:47 pm

Hi all,

Please can someone help me on this matter? Please can someone tell me how I can put in a Advert Banner into my forum so that it appears beneath the main forum header and before the scrolling sentence?
My Forum is shown here; http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/forum.htm

I don't want to change the style of it in any way. I just want to add a banner.

Also does it have to be any particular size?

Thanks in advance.

Cougar30

cougar30
Forumember

Male Posts : 244
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Banner Advert

Post by drfawad on June 16th 2010, 2:44 pm

i think its not possible.

i wanna ask some thing about your forum.

1>How can i decrease the size of the forum categories blocks, as i can see in your forum.

2>How did you put that ads in your forum below the scrolling sentence.

Here is my forum.

http://ptcforum.motionsforum.com

i wanna give you a suggestion if you don't mind. Decrease the size of the picture

drfawad
Forumember

Posts : 51
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Banner Advert

Post by cougar30 on June 16th 2010, 4:03 pm

@drfawad wrote:i think its not possible.

i wanna ask some thing about your forum.

1>How can i decrease the size of the forum categories blocks, as i can see in your forum.

2>How did you put that ads in your forum below the scrolling sentence.

Here is my forum.

http://ptcforum.motionsforum.com

i wanna give you a suggestion if you don't mind. Decrease the size of the picture

Hopefully it is possible? maybe someone will know of a way round of doing this?

With regards to your questions:

1) I have the split categories on Index set to medium - I think this is what you mean?

2) The ads only appear when someone isn't signed up to the forum or signed in

cougar30
Forumember

Male Posts : 244
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Banner Advert

Post by kirk on June 16th 2010, 4:09 pm

@cougar30 wrote:Hi all,

Please can someone help me on this matter? Please can someone tell me how I can put in a Advert Banner into my forum so that it appears beneath the main forum header and before the scrolling sentence?
My Forum is shown here; http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/forum.htm

I don't want to change the style of it in any way. I just want to add a banner.

Also does it have to be any particular size?

Thanks in advance.

Cougar30

what you do is deactivate the scrolling in your announcement.
then place your text for that you have scrolling now in in marquee tags.

you will set it up something like this.

Code:
<marquee>Your scrolling text here </marquee>
</br>

<center>then place you banner code here </center>

</br>

so try that out and see if you like it like that.
if you think it's to much space between the banner and the scrolling.
then just remove the </br> and that will bring it close togeter.

and you can aslo add another </br> tage at the very top if you want more space from the top and the scrolling text.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Reputation : 651
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Banner Advert

Post by cougar30 on June 16th 2010, 5:03 pm

@kirk wrote:
@cougar30 wrote:Hi all,

Please can someone help me on this matter? Please can someone tell me how I can put in a Advert Banner into my forum so that it appears beneath the main forum header and before the scrolling sentence?
My Forum is shown here; http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/forum.htm

I don't want to change the style of it in any way. I just want to add a banner.

Also does it have to be any particular size?

Thanks in advance.

Cougar30

what you do is deactivate the scrolling in your announcement.
then place your text for that you have scrolling now in in marquee tags.

you will set it up something like this.

Code:
<marquee>Your scrolling text here </marquee>
</br>

<center>then place you banner code here </center>

</br>

so try that out and see if you like it like that.
if you think it's to much space between the banner and the scrolling.
then just remove the </br> and that will bring it close togeter.

and you can aslo add another </br> tage at the very top if you want more space from the top and the scrolling text.

Hi Kirk,

Many thanks for getting back to me.
I have disabled the Announcement, but I am unsure where the code goes? Which section it is under in the Administration panel? Also if the banner is saved on my Hard Drive - What banner code do I put in?

Many thanks

Andy

cougar30
Forumember

Male Posts : 244
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Banner Advert

Post by cougar30 on June 17th 2010, 5:02 pm

Hi can someone tell me please where this coding needs to go? I am all set ready to go - I just need some help where abouts to put this within the Administration panel for this to show on my forum?

Thanks in advance

Andy

cougar30
Forumember

Male Posts : 244
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Banner Advert

Post by cougar30 on June 17th 2010, 5:15 pm

Hi all,

I think I have manged to solve the problem. I just need to know how to extend it to the length of the page and keep it shortened?

Thanks in advance

Andy


Last edited by cougar30 on June 17th 2010, 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

cougar30
Forumember

Male Posts : 244
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Banner Advert

Post by cougar30 on June 17th 2010, 5:20 pm

Also how can I make the banner if clicked on go straight to www.Southern-Locomotives.co.uk ??

cougar30
Forumember

Male Posts : 244
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Banner Advert

Post by cougar30 on March 4th 2011, 10:13 am

Hi all, This is now resolved. Many Thanks for your help on this problem.

cougar30
Forumember

Male Posts : 244
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Banner Advert

Post by Sanket on March 4th 2011, 12:30 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.


Sanket Smile


Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum