The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

View user's ip address

View previous topic View next topic Go down

View user's ip address

Post by Shadow Wizard on June 17th 2010, 2:20 am

I have been looking through, and am unable to find where I can see a user's ip, if I am the administrator of a forum.
The closest I have been able to find is http://help.forumotion.com/administration-panel-credits-and-domain-names-problems-f44/registration-problem-and-ban-ip-t72287.htm This means there has to be a way to view the ip so it can be banned.

Thanks in advance

Shadow Wizard

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: View user's ip address

Post by Gooberman on June 17th 2010, 2:30 am

Well if they post you there's an icon on the top right of their post (near, edit delete, ect.) that says IP and you can get their IP that way another way is if they are online in the administrator panel under the Home tab called
"Who is Online?" which shows you who's online and their IP

Gooberman

Male Posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Wizard on June 17th 2010, 4:39 am

Wonderful. That helps me track down a bit. I have had someone making multiple accounts and overall being a p.i.t.a. to me. He stopped for a while, and has started again, but this time my using the "Send e-mail to admin" option. I assume there is probably no way to determine what ip he sent that from. This means I need to get the ip he registered under, or wait for him to post, is he does. So, is there a way to get the ip address he registered under?

Shadow Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooberman on June 18th 2010, 5:35 am

I don't believe there's another way

Gooberman

Male Posts : 13

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: