The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are there allmost no image sprites used?

2 posters

Go down

Why are there allmost no image sprites used? Empty Why are there allmost no image sprites used?

Post by Bleachzor June 18th 2010, 9:14 am

Some time ago I went on my journey through the world of Dreamweaver while using css guides. There I read something about image sprites. Now I'm asking why allmost nobody uses them?

For example: The custom toolbar, as currently provided in the "tips and tricks" exists out of a single image.
Wouldn't it be a lot more effective to use 1 div for fixing the position and then inserting a left and a right corner within a single image sprite set together with a stretched midpiece?(go into 3 other divs)

Perhaps you have simplified the total concept for the people with less understanding of css?
Which is it?
Bleachzor
Bleachzor
Forumember

Language : Dutch

Back to top Go down

Why are there allmost no image sprites used? Empty Re: Why are there allmost no image sprites used?

Post by Darren1 June 18th 2010, 9:43 am

Hello,

Indeed all of our tutorials & tricks are simplified for the users who don't know CSS & HTML can understand them Smile
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Why are there allmost no image sprites used? Empty Re: Why are there allmost no image sprites used?

Post by Bleachzor June 18th 2010, 10:16 am

I've been trying to make image sprites work for ie in dreamweaver but they don't feel like displaying at all. They must be hiding somewhere. grrr...

Why is IE so mean to me?
Bleachzor
Bleachzor
Forumember

Language : Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 June 19th 2010, 5:15 am

IE is just a lame browser TT
If your developing something specific for IE, make sure you have "Compatibility" mode active Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum