The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum width, forum height, and forum titles

4 posters

Go down

Forum width, forum height, and forum titles Empty Forum width, forum height, and forum titles

Post by drfawad June 18th 2010, 6:10 pm

i have just made a forum but, i really need some changes to make but, don,t know how.

1> i want to decrease the width of the forum. i tried to decrease it in general > forum > configuration > page structure...Does not affect the width of forum at all.

2> I want to underline the main title of the forum categories and want them to be in bold letters. i then wanna write description under the main title.

3> Please have a look at my forum, i wanna remove these main forums [leaving subforums only]:
-PTCforum Topics
-Get Pait To Sites
-Webmaster's Corner
-Off Topic Discussion
But i want them to be written as such on the top of each block.

4> i want to decrease the height of each forum block[i mean to say i wanna decrese the over all height of forum index]

Here is URL to my site:

http://ptcforum.motionsforum.com

i tried a lot but couldn't...Please help me if you can solve one or more problems.

Thanks

Last edited by drfawad on June 19th 2010, 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
drfawad
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Forum width, forum height, and forum titles Empty Re: Forum width, forum height, and forum titles

Post by Sanket June 18th 2010, 7:36 pm

Hi, your title not being specific and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member ) until you change your title to a more specific one, related to your problem

Why do we ask you to use explicit titles
Code:
The forum's search engine bases its research on keywords found in [b]topic titles[/b].

When you do a research, do you use "help", "urgent", "problem", "SOS" or "question" as keywords to look for topics about your problem/question?

Certainly not!  So this is why it is important to use titles [b]related to your problem/question[/b].  Doing this makes the researches much easier for visitors who use the search engine to get an answer to their question.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cordially
Forumotion Staff
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Forum width, forum height, and forum titles Empty Re: Forum width, forum height, and forum titles

Post by drfawad June 19th 2010, 8:16 am

there were 4 problems and it was difficult to mention all 4 in the title, any ways i have change the title now.

Thanks
drfawad
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 20th 2010, 8:56 am

1) Your width is already outstretched.

2) Use these tags for the title
Code:
<b><u>Category title</b></u>

3) Not possible to display subforums, leaving forums away.

4) Doesn't that depend on the amount of forums?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by drfawad June 22nd 2010, 1:22 pm

Thanks for your reply.

So, can't i decrease the width of my forum?

The tags you provided underlines not only the forum title but also the forum description, although i replaced the "category title" in your tag by the main forum title only, still the description was also underlined.
drfawad
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 23rd 2010, 4:42 pm

You can decrease the width.
General>Forum>Configuration
Forum width (number or %) :Change it there.

I don't understand what you are talking about the forum title?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by drfawad June 24th 2010, 5:17 pm

Thank you Sanket once again for your reply...

i had already mentioned that General>Forum>Configuration is not working, i decreased forum width from 98 to 70 % but, still the forum width didn't decrease. i don't know whats the problem.

drfawad
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok June 24th 2010, 5:54 pm

Head over to your CSS stylesheet (Admin Panel > Display > CSS Stylesheet). Then CTRL+F the class named 'body' add this following tag in that class:

Code:
   width: auto;

We'll see if that works.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Post by drfawad June 24th 2010, 10:17 pm

what is CSS style sheet, i couldn't find it in Admin Panel > Display
drfawad
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMega June 24th 2010, 11:58 pm

Admin Panel > Display > Colors > CSS Stylesheet
MrMega
MrMega
Forumember

Male Posts : 981
Language : English, Polish, HTML, BBCode

Back to top Go down

Post by drfawad July 12th 2010, 5:57 pm

Rok wrote:Head over to your CSS stylesheet (Admin Panel > Display > CSS Stylesheet). Then CTRL+F the class named 'body' add this following tag in that class:

Code:
   width: auto;

We'll see if that works.
i tried this but it didn't decrease the width of my forum.

The forum width doesn't fit to the screen of the PC and looks very ugly.

Here is my forum

http://ptcforum.motionsforum.com

Help any one please
drfawad
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by drfawad July 15th 2010, 7:57 pm

Any one please, how can i decrease width of my phbb3 forum
drfawad
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum