The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Serious Problems with HTM BBC coding Please Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Serious Problems with HTM BBC coding Please Help

Post by Alexandrite on June 26th 2010, 6:02 pm

We use alot of HTML coding in our forum. The same day that the smiley's had the problems that got fixed our HTML codes that were working fine just show the codes now. Not the pictures or the link. And now when we put in a link it not only post the pic it posts the link as well. We have checked all the HTML is allowed in the Admin & profiles to make sure it is allowed and frankly I am at my wits end now as to how to fix it. We have tried Photobucket, Tinypic and they all do the same thing.
Whether we use the [url=] code ot the <a href="Link URL" code. Could you maybe have a look and tell me what to do. It seems like alot of forums are having this isssue and like I said it started the same time the smiley's went down. Thanks in advance.

Our forum link: www.threegemspsp.com

Last edited by MrMario on June 26th 2010, 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bold tags Removed ~ MrMario)

Alexandrite

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Problems with HTM BBC coding Please Help

Post by MrMario on June 26th 2010, 6:51 pm

Bold and Colored text are reserved for moderation, by staff members only.

Make sure under the reply box there is no check box for Disabled BBCode or HTML.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandrite on June 26th 2010, 11:01 pm

Sorry about the color text. I didn't do it on purpose. It just turned that way when I posted the link to my forum so didn't know it was a no no. Yes we have checked all of that and it is not that. And if I put in a bold tag could you please tell me what that was because I don't even know what it is so it was very unintentional. I am just trying to get some help.

Alexandrite

Back to top Go down

Post by Morganite on June 26th 2010, 11:09 pm

@MrMario wrote:
Bold and Colored text are reserved for moderation, by staff members only.

Make sure under the reply box there is no check box for Disabled BBCode or HTML.

I saw this from my co admin staff yesterday and there was no bold text or different colours in it..

As she has explained the hmtl and bbcoding is changing, other forums and group are having the same issues, and we have all been told to do this to do that and nothing is working..

It myust be a tech problem associated with the changes to the redirects on hyperlinking or urls posting within the group, or the html or bbcoding..

I have already explained this here and provided screen shots, the disable html and bbcoding as well as the smiley buttons keep restting after each post so nothing is working properly....

http://help.forumotion.com/other-problems-f46/image-and-smilies-broken-is-some-posts-only-bug-and-may-need-technician-t72727.htm

No i have not used different colours or bold in this text, so if it shows up like that your coding is changing it when i send..

Could someone answer what is wrong please because this is annoying thanks.

Morganite
Forumember

Female Posts : 28
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on June 26th 2010, 11:54 pm

Its a problem that has been forward to the techs. They will be looking into the bug.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandrite on June 27th 2010, 12:19 am

Thank you very much! It is really appreciated.

Alexandrite

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum