The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem staying logged in

Go down

Problem staying logged in Empty Problem staying logged in

Post by Tsaalyo July 1st 2010, 2:46 am

This occurs very rarely, but it happened just now so here it is. I use both Firefox and Chrome, depending on what I'm online for at the time, and I have both a desktop and a laptop. I'm logged into the same forum on all of them, ticked to stay logged in forever. However, just now, I was using a forum with Firefox. I went idle for about an hour, came back, refreshed, and I was logged out. I checked Chrome, and both Firefox and Chrome on my laptop, and I was logged out on all of them.

What would cause this?
Tsaalyo

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Problem staying logged in Empty Re: Problem staying logged in

Post by Guest July 1st 2010, 5:52 am

Hi,

The box you tick is not for "stay logged in forever" it's to "Log me on automatically at each visit ". In other words, even if you close your browser, you'll remain logged in when you re-open it and return to your forum.

Now, for the auto-logged out, check what's your setting in AP > Users and Groups > (Left menu) Users.

At Time in minutes before a member is considered "Offline" yo'll notice that the limit is 60 minutes. After 60 minutes, you're kicked out of the forum.

Back to top Go down