The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom BBCode Table

2 posters

Go down

Custom BBCode Table Empty Custom BBCode Table

Post by Akexis July 1st 2010, 3:13 am

I hope this isn't wholly inappropriate but I feel like I'm out of options, so forgive me if it is. I just uploaded phpbb3 to a .com and am starting to find out how truly wonderful the people at Forumotion are as there are a lot of features that come with your boards I'm having to build on my own.

Surprisingly, to me at least, one of these features is tables.

You all have managed to break it down into very simple code: [table], [tr], and [td]. I understand the basic concepts of building my own custom BBCode on my board but have not found a way to do a table with version phpbb3. I was wondering if I could request your code, or more than likely your mod?

I've been crawling on the internet for hours, even having gone through phpbb3's forum and still don't have any answers. Any help, at all, would be greatly appreciated.
Akexis

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Custom BBCode Table Empty Re: Custom BBCode Table

Post by ankillien July 1st 2010, 4:01 am

Hello,

To create custom BBCode tables you should know some CSS coding.
Here is an example of a custom BBCode table...

Code:
[table style="border:1px solid #333;"]
[tr][td style="background:#888; color:#FFF; font:bold 20px verdana,arial; text-align:center; padding:10px;"]Table Header[/td][/tr]
[tr][td style="background:#999; padding:10px; color:#DDD;"]Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here Content goes hereContent goes here Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here
[/td][/tr]
[/table]

It will look like this...

Table Header
Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here Content goes here
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Post by Akexis July 1st 2010, 4:35 am

I appreciate it, but that's not exactly what I'm talking about. For instance, if I wanted to create bbcode that created a specific style for instance:

BBCode Usage in the phpBB3 ACP, I would put:

[letters]{SIMPLETEXT[/letters]

Then below that I'd put in the HTML Replacement:

<span style="color: #fff; size: 24px;">{SIMPLETEXT}</span>

Then in the Help Line:

Makes letters large and white.

This is how I would create custom BBCode.

However, phpbb3 doesn't come standard with a lot of things. Many things you have to build. Currently, my board doesn't recognize [table], [tr], [td]. I don't know if I can create it in the custom BBCode menu in my ACP or if I need to get a module.

Note - the board I'm working on is NOT a Forumotion board. The bbcode table that Forumotion has is the easiest and simplest code I've run across, so I was curious if I could find out how the custom code was written or what MOD they used.
Akexis

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien July 1st 2010, 5:51 am

Forumotion doesn't support custom BBCodes. You can do it with standard phpBB3 forum but we don't provide support for any other forum/forum host.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Post by Akexis July 1st 2010, 10:02 pm

I figured in the end that would probably be the general policy, but you never know until you ask, right?

On the phpbb3 forum I did find my answer, some kind person took pity on me. I would like to post the code here as many of my questions I simply Google and the more times this is found on the internet, hopefully, the less someone else will be frustrated as I was. Since this is a support question that really won't benefit your customers I wanted to ask permission first. I'm not sure what the policy on that is and don't want to step on toes. You guys have been absolutely fabulous with my other boards and I often recommend Forumotion to people who are just getting started up. I appreciate all that you guys do and I mostly just want to give back to the community.
Akexis

Back to top Go down