The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allow users to opt-into usergroups without moderator approval

+2
techguy1001
schnautzr
6 posters

Go down

Is this worth adding?

Allow users to opt-into usergroups without moderator approval Left1183%Allow users to opt-into usergroups without moderator approval Right11 83% 
[ 5 ]
Allow users to opt-into usergroups without moderator approval Left1117%Allow users to opt-into usergroups without moderator approval Right11 17% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Allow users to opt-into usergroups without moderator approval Empty Allow users to opt-into usergroups without moderator approval

Post by schnautzr July 4th 2010, 8:10 pm

Our prehistoric forum has several boards that are useful only to a certain audience within the forum. We'd like to see an implementation of usergroups that any user may opt into without the approval of a moderator.

Thanks for making ForuMotion MUCH better than ProBoards! (I switched to ForuMotion this year Smile )

Last edited by schnautzr on July 6th 2010, 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a poll)
schnautzr

Language : American English

Back to top Go down

Allow users to opt-into usergroups without moderator approval Empty Re: Allow users to opt-into usergroups without moderator approval

Post by techguy1001 July 4th 2010, 11:23 pm

I am looking into it now.... so far I don't find it possible.
techguy1001
techguy1001
Forumember

Male Posts : 198
Language : English, HTML, CSS, Javascript

http://gamingchiefforum.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Allow users to opt-into usergroups without moderator approval Empty Re: Allow users to opt-into usergroups without moderator approval

Post by schnautzr July 6th 2010, 4:57 am

I assume by that you mean you don't find it possible using the current settings, as opposed to not finding it possible to add the feature.
schnautzr

Back to top Go down

Post by techguy1001 July 6th 2010, 5:31 am

Yes, that is what I meant
techguy1001
techguy1001
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 July 6th 2010, 6:01 am

I think this is a good idea.

Your topic needs a poll.
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Forumember

Male Posts : 287
Language : English

http://sbcommunity.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by schnautzr July 6th 2010, 11:03 pm

Thanks...I didn't realize that was part of making a suggestion. I ought to read the rules next time. Smile
schnautzr

Back to top Go down

Post by schnautzr July 15th 2010, 10:51 pm

Um....bumping this since it appears no one voted yet.
schnautzr

Back to top Go down

Post by techguy1001 July 16th 2010, 2:40 am

Voted yes
techguy1001
techguy1001
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem July 16th 2010, 1:52 pm

Nope Neutral

I'm affraid I don't see how this could help any forum :/
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by schnautzr July 19th 2010, 4:15 pm

Quite simple. In fact, this practice is in use already at a forum I visit called Arachnoboards. There are some boards there designed specifically for people from Canada and Europe, which only display to folks who are actually interested in seeing them. Best way to do this-- have a usergroup that users can opt-into without awaiting any approval.
schnautzr

Back to top Go down

Post by Dumbledore27 July 19th 2010, 4:22 pm

I vote yes. Now, everybody must be accepted, so for me, that's not really "Open group". It's the same as if it'd be closed, and you'd PM group moderator saying if you can be in the group.

Vote yes.
Dumbledore27
Forumember

Male Posts : 632
Language : Online
Location : Error 403 - You do not have the permission to view this item's value

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem July 20th 2010, 11:37 am

After having re-read everything, I'm affraid my opinion has changed:
Vote yes thumleft
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 22nd 2013, 7:04 pm

Allow users to opt-into usergroups without moderator approval Permis10 Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Suggestions which are already possible
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: https://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
https://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged

Allow users to opt-into usergroups without moderator approval Modera10Jophy
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down